• Published 27th Mar 2015
  • 7,308 Views, 12,705 Comments

Ynanhluutr - Imploding Colon



A newly transformed Rainbow Dash continues her flight east.

  • ...
44
 12,705
 7,308

PreviousChapters Next
When the Author Sleeps In Late

Revan galloped along, flanked by several thuggish subordinates. Up ahead, they saw a thick crowd gathered, chatting nervously. His eyes narrowed, and as soon as he and his cohorts turned a corner, his jaw dropped.

Several thugs lay on the surface of a bridge, twitching and groaning in pain.

Revan galloped up to the first thug he could find. “Tell me what happened here...” When the stallion's head simply reeled, he snarled and shook the groaning stallion. “Hey! Snap out of it!” He sneered into her face. “Who the Hell did this to you?”

“Mrmmmf... drawling punk in... a stupid hat...”

“Bard...” Revan sneered through clenched teeth. “I'm gonna punch so hard he'll be shitting that thing out... along with his guitar.”

“B-Boss...” Another guard sat up, wincing. “He wasn't alone.” He rubbed his neck. “There was... a bird thing... metal arm.”

“A griffon?” remarked one of Revan's accomplices.

The injured stallion nodded. “And a blue mare. Rainbow mane.”

“Where did they go?” Revan spat. “TELL ME!”

One of the injured thugs turned and pointed. “Due south... through the Iron District...”

Two of Revan's lackeys exchanged glances. “What the hell is in the southern edge of the city? A hideout?”

“They couldn't hide from us for long.”

“That friggin' midnighter did.”

“This is different. They know we'd be burning them out of hiding! Naw, I think they're trying to escape.”

“No boat could outrun us though!”

Revan's pupils shrank. “... … ...what time is it?”

Another guard glanced at a pocket watch. “About ten til six, sir.”

Revan gnashed his teeth. “Verlaxion dammit... the Arrowfish!

“S-sir?”

Just then, a revving motor could be heard beneath them, growing closer. Those in the group who were standing turned to look. Two Syndicate boats came gliding southwest through the canals.

In one quick breath, Revan galloped to the side of the bridge, jumped off, and landed on the bow of the foremost vessel.

“Gah!” The pilot stumbled back into his crossbow-toting companions. “Boss?! What gives—”

“Move over!” Revan swatted the thug, crept into the pilot's chair, and throttled the boat forward. As he skimmed under the bridge, he shouted so that both the guards on top and the ones in the boat following could hear: “Head to the drydocks! Go! Go! They're gonna try escaping on one of the Arrowfish!”


“Two thousand.... two thousand two hundred and fifty... two thousand five hundred...” The elderly dockworker looked up with a smile. “There you have it. Five seats on board the Mark Two!

“Mmmmm... very well then,” Theanim Mane said, nevertheless shivering. He glanced over his shoulder, glancing across the crimson, sun-lit lengths of the platform city. “It's a pleasure to be... coming on board...”

The worker arched an eyebrow. “Is something the matter, sir?” Behind him, several unicorn trotted up the ramp that lead into the port side of the segmented sea-skimmer. They made their way to the rear engine compartment, preparing to prep the thruster manifolds. “I must say, my friend,” the worker continued. “You seem to be... four passengers short.”

Theanim gulped. “I think I was born four brains short of common sense,” he wheezed. “Seems to be my lot in life.”

“Well, I hope you enjoy your trip to Shoggoth, either way.” The worker said, bowing. “We'll be casting off soon! Like... really soon.”

“It's alright,” Theanim said, putting on a crooked smile. “There's nothing in life you can't make more adventurous than doing it at the last seconddddd-dd-dd-dd—” His voice peeled off as he heard several loud engines from the north. He turned to squint.

Two Syndicate boats pierced the water underneath the nearest bridges. They came skimming southwards, heading towards the drydocks and the single large gate right behind Theanim. Then, around that same time, Theanim spotted three figures with a limp Sarosian gliding their way along the platforms hugging the east edge of the artificial inlet.

Theanim gulped hard. “Oh, my Queen, let there be at least a scrap of flesh to spare from all this...” Teeth chattering, he bolted up the platform and stood in the open doorframe in the Mark Two's hull. “Hey!” he whistled. “Gallant friends! Over here! Hurry!”


"They're gaining...." Echo echoed, jolting over Bard's flanks.

"Uh huh..." Bard huffed and puffed, wings flapping.

"They're gaining even more," Echo droned louder.

Bard's muzzle wrenched into a frown. "Uh huh..."

"We're almost there, guys!" Rainbow's voice cracked. "Theanim's up ahead! I can see the fruity blue of his eyes--" CR-CRACKKK! A lamppost exploded from an impacting crossbolt above. "Gaaah!"

VRMMMMM! Revan's boat came within screaming distance. Four stallions riding in the back aimed their crossbows and fired volley after volley. THW-THW-THW-THWIFFT!

The storefronts and market stands to the group's left shattered and flew into pieces from the projectiles. Shrieking citizens dove for cover while the group struggled to outrun the shots with their weighty loot.

"That is Syndicate property!" Revan hollered, his voice booming. He freed one hoof and cocked a crossbow of his own, aiming over the port side as he came up alongside the four heisters on the platform. "So are your kidneys when I'm through with you!"

"Companions, hurry!" Theanim shouted from up ahead as the Mark Two's engines revved and glowed. The gate started opening with a loud groan.

"Darn if this doesn't sting to high hell!" Bard snarled. "Okay, how 'bout we split up and--"

Th-Thud! Two heavy satchels full of platinum bars landed on the platform.

Rainbow, Echo, and Bard gawked. "Dubya-Cee...?"

Frowning, the griffon stripped of the weight, perched on the platform's edge, and dove out towards the waters.

PreviousChapters Next