• Published 24th Dec 2023
  • 119 Views, 3 Comments

OFIMEËTREËLICIA - Khampostel



Collection of short stories that mention ponies.

  • ...
 3
 119

Descent days before the meteor shower

"This is a disaster!" exclaimed Apple Bloom, disheartened, as she crushed her face onto the scattered papers on the table.

"It could be worse; at least we have the complete dresses for the play. I'm sure the audience will love the designs you made..." Sweetie Belle tried to console, sensing her friend's despair.

"That's not enough!" reproached Apple Bloom with fury, making Sweetie Belle step back.

"Calm down, Apple Bloom. We gave it our all..." interjected Scootaloo, trying to soothe the situation.

"Giving it our all isn't enough!... We should never have... should never have accepted that gift..." Apple Bloom finally expressed with dismay.

None of her friends said more. The papers piled up in front of them were the tangible proof of their failure. Days after days of trying to fix their disaster only deepened the misery the three friends felt.

How had they come to this?


A week ago, the 'Cutie Mark Crusaders' were visited by their new friend 'Antenna,' who was excited to invite them to her first theatrical production within the Great Changeling Hive. "The Prince Belen and the King of the Stars" was the title of her play, the first entirely original children's theatrical production in the history of changelings. Also a changeling herself, despite her youth, Antenna showcased significant talent in scriptwriting and was deeply committed to the success of her work. For this reason, she sought the support of the Cutie Mark Crusaders for the final adjustments to her play.

With smiles and enthusiasm, Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo accepted the proposal. Days later, they headed to the hive, where their tasks were simple yet crucial: selecting actors, organizing costumes, preparing the stage, among other things.

Although they weren't in charge of directing everything, there were adults present for that task. However, Antenna always insisted that her friends have the final say. In a few days, practically all the tasks scheduled for that week were completed.

"Are you going to Manehattan?" exclaimed the Cutie Mark Crusaders in unison.

"Yes, it will be for a few days. My parents want to enroll me in the Royal Academy of Writers in Manehattan. I really don't want to go, but they insist so much. I know it's very good for me, but... just now?! Right before the start of the meteor shower! Ahhh..." sighed Antenna with regret.

"The Manehattan Writers Academy only opens its enrollment once a year," reminded Sweetie Belle, recalling her sister's advice.

"That's unfortunate. Couldn't they reserve your spot or something?" added Scootaloo.

"Yes, it can be done, but that's only for those residing in the city," replied Antenna.

"Wow, what an inconvenience," added Sweetie Belle also with regret.

A sense of sadness enveloped the friends, but one of them remained undeterred.

"Well, you shouldn't distress yourself. We are here, and while you're away, we'll make sure everything is as ready and prepared as you left it," exclaimed Apple Bloom with absolute confidence, garnering strong nods from Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo instantly.

"Yes, don't worry. Trust us, everything will be fine," added Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo in unison, conveying the same assurance.

"Really! Thank you, you are truly great friends," said Antenna, embracing her friends.

A warm moment of friendship unfolded in the small room of the young 'changeling' writer.

"Uhmm, wait. I have something for you!" exclaimed joyful Antenna, separating from her friends. Quickly, she went to her bamboo bed and began rummaging in its depths. After a moment, she returned with a large key and handed it to Apple Bloom.

"Haa, thanks, Antenna. It's very cute and shiny... What is it?" asked Apple Bloom.

"It's a key," replied Antenna with a smile.

"Oh, right! A key, but what's it for...?" Apple Bloom asked again.

But Antenna didn't respond this time; instead, she began making gestures with her mouth pointing to a corner of the room. There, a large brown chest sat with a voluminous lock where a large key should fit.

The three friends opened their eyes wide. They immediately guessed what this gift was about.

"Are you really allowing us to read your complete work before its premiere?" exclaimed Sweetie Belle, barely containing her excitement.

"Yep, you are my best friends, and I know you'll keep the secret, right?" replied Antenna with a big conspiratorial smile.

"Of course! As loyal friends that we are, we will never reveal this secret to anyone. No spoilers will escape our lips, or we'll stop calling ourselves Cutie Mark Crusaders," proudly declared Scootaloo, flapping her wings. Beside her, Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom were already jumping for joy.

All the friends embraced once again and soon erupted in laughter and excitement. Questions hung in the air, accompanied by evasive responses. After the commotion and further details to consider during her absence, Antenna withdrew.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders anxiously observed Antenna's large chest. They were unfamiliar with the play their friend had written, and throughout their entire stay in the changeling hive, they had wondered repeatedly about its content. Now, they would be the first to know. The answer to this constant question was within their reach!

Apple Bloom took the first step.

"It's time, girls. We are about to access ultra-secret information that no pony, changeling, or any other creature should know. Is everything ready?" asked Apple Bloom in a solemn tone.

"Doors and windows closed, ready!" responded Scootaloo, confident that no one would spy on them.

"Lights off and candles lit, ready!" replied Sweetie Belle, confident that she had set the right atmosphere for the marathon reading they were about to embark on.

"Very well, all set, let's begin!" announced Apple Bloom, raising the key high and inserting it into the chest.

After the cold creaking of the lock, the darkness inside the chest began to be illuminated by the candlelight, filtering into a curious and restless world as it opened.


"Who would have thought that paper in the changeling realm could be so flammable?" lamented Sweetie Belle.

"It was me who fell asleep," added Scootaloo.

"We all fell asleep," declared Apple Bloom.

On one side of a table piled high with papers containing poorly written script copies, there was a chest filled with charred and unreadable documents that just days ago held a magnificent theatrical work.