• Published 27th Nov 2023
  • 242 Views, 2 Comments

Misty, Sprout, and the monsters of Knottshurr Island - RiffRaff7942_YT



A Generation 5 crossover story, featuring monsters from Knottshurr Island, by Uksus and Raw Zebra, from the game ‘My singing monsters, the lost landscapes’, based on the game ‘My Singing Monsters’, by BigBlueBubble.

  • ...
 2
 242

Researching

It wasn’t a long journey to the library, no more than 2 minutes of slowly transferring through the palace. Pipp had finished all her filming for the time being, so she had skedaddled somewhere else at that point. That left the original three to get to the bottom of how to send their new friends home.
“Anypony have any idea where to start?” Hitch asked, after a gulp.
“Ask the monsters if they can read,” Misty told Hitch.
Hitch took a book off a shelf, and showed it to the monsters. “Umm, can you guys read this?” He asked. The monsters glanced at the paper, and nodded to Hitch.
“Okay great. They can understand English.” Hitch said to Misty.
“Good, that’ll make things easier,” MIsty proclaimed, “every pony and monster, fan out!”

And every pony and monster did. Even Thunder and Zoom decided to pitch in. They all spent a good hour, flipping through books, trying to find something, anything, to give them a clue to teleporting the monsters home. And yet, their efforts remained fruitless for a good long while. After an hour of searching through book after book after book after book, they decided to take a break.

“Hard work, real hard work,” the Chimbickle remarked.
“He says real hard work,” Hitch told the ponies.
“I agree, wholeheartedly,” Zoom said, slumping down into a corner.
“Maybe we need help,” Hitch suggested, “You know, as if we didn’t have enough already.”

Misty was taking her timeout to examine the weird orb that continuously floated around Mount Tuzzpikk. Upon seeing how inquisitive Misty was, the orb seemed to start and rotate around Misty. Tuzzpikk saw this, but was unpaused, and just sat in place, resting.
“I don’t think I’ll ever understand how you monsters work.”
The Bay made some grunting noises.
“He says most others don’t,” Hitch said. “Would be nice though, to have a little more, I guess insight on how guy guys operate.”

The orb kept circling Misty curiously. Little did Misty know, it was looking for a place and moment to strike.
“It’s pretty,” Thunder commented, “That much is apparent.”
“Yeah,” Misty agreed, “Pretty neat.” Misty was almost mesmerised by the bright lights being projected by the orb. “You know, I wonder what would happen if this thing-“
Before Misty could finish her sentence, the orb suddenly smashed itself into her side. Everyone jumped back as blue light began pulsing from Misty’s eyes, nose, mouth, hooves, and ears. Even her cutie mark lit up as the very same eerie organ sound Mount Tuzzpikk came echoing out of her. The orb also ventured round, and struck her other side, the bell sound chimed, and the organ sounds played again. After the track was complete, the orb parted ways with Misty, and the poor unicorn stumbled to the floor, clearly dizzy from what had just happened.

“Ugh… what happened?” She asked.
Mount Tuzzpikk said something she couldn’t understand.
“Apparently that can happen to any creature when the orb hits them,” Hitch explained, “It just chooses Mount Tuzzpikks because they’re the easiest to work with.
“Ya don’t say,” Misty said dizzily, and her head plonked back on the ground.
Tuzzpikk murmured something else.
“He says the dizziness may last 5 to 10 minutes if you’re not used to it.” Hitch remarked.
“Great…” Misty said, still resting her head on the ground.
“We’ll have 10 more minutes break, and then we’ll keep looking,” Hitch advised, “It’ll go without a hitch, right Sprout?”
No answer. Hitch looked around, but the tomato red stallion was nowhere to be seen.
“Uhh, where’s Sprout?”
Everyone looked around. They figured Sprout must have left when they weren’t looking.
“…And where’s the Bel’Yawn Ziro?”
Sure enough, the icy monster was also gone.
“Maybe he’ll turn up again?” Zoom proppsed.
“Yeah, he probably hasn’t left the castle,” Thunder reassured, “He wouldn’t have made it past the other guards.”
“You’re right,” Hitch said, relaxing a little bit, “He probably will show up after a while.”

*MYM*

Meanwhile in another part of the castle, Sprout was busy walking around the palace, following the Bel’Yawn Zirro. The oversized ice pick had snuck away to explore the palace, and Sprout had followed suite to make sure it didn’t get into any foreseeable trouble.
“Hey look, maybe it’s time to get back to the group,” Sprout suggested, “I know it’s not like me to say something like that, but I’ve been in real trouble before around these parts. And if they think I snuck off with you, or was the one to let you sneak off, I’ll be in trouble. And like I said, I’ve had more than enough trouble in recent history.”
The Bel’Yawn Zirro didn’t answer. It slid into another room. The room was full of valuables and breakables. Sprout knew this would spell disaster.
“Okay, no,” Sprout said as assertively as he could, “Not in here! I’m not having you break everything and then blame it on me! Out! Now!”
But the ice pick simply let out an ice groan, and slid around, picking up things to examine, and then putting them back down, all out of the order they were set up in. Sprout watched on, wanting to get the oversized icicle out of there, but having no idea how to do it. The Bel’Yawn Zirro for the most part, was sliding around, occasionally letting out an icy groan, and continuing to pick things up, and then place them down once examined, in any old area.

Sprout was having none of this. “Hey! This is your definition of appropriate behaviour? No wonder you got lost in our dimension!”
The Bel’Yawn Zirro didn’t answer. It simply tapped a vase with one of its icy tentacles (which you wouldn’t normally see for its species normally buried themselves underground). And of course, the vase toppled to the ground, smashing into bits upon impact.
“Oh come on, am I talking to myself here!?” Sprout shouted in anger, “I say ‘don’t touch that’ and you say ‘uuuuuugh’. I say ‘can we talk about it’, you say ‘uuuuuugh’. I don’t call that communication.”
Sprout’s rant was followed up with a sigh from the Bel’Yawn Ziro.
“Ya see!?” Sprout said, “That’s your answer for everything!”
Then Sprout made the mistake of leaning against the Bel’Yawn Zirro. Obviously he quickly retracted himself upon learning how cold he was. Then again, he basically was a giant ice pick, he figured he should’ve seen it coming. He did see the icepick shoot a smug grin at him.
“The sooner we get you home the better.” Sprout said, clearly annoyed at how much he’d been iced that morning. “Now let’s head back to your group before you cause any more trouble.”