• Published 30th Sep 2023
  • 515 Views, 27 Comments

The Lost Pony: Misty on Earth - Movingtarget Productions



Misty Brightdawn gets thrown on Earth. Simple as that.

  • ...
1
 27
 515

Chapter 2: Awakening

The Lost Pony: Misty on Earth

Written by: Movingtarget Productions

Chapter 2: Awakening

Date: Wednesday, July 25th, 2025
Time: 09:21
Location: Super 8 motel by I-64 in West Virginia

Matt woke up the following day with his back hurting a bit from the uncomfortable bed, he reached for his phone on the nightstand and turned it on, noting how slow the phone was booting. Matt then sat up and stretched, looking over to Misty, who was still asleep on the other bed. He then got up and went to the mirror, noting that he should shave as he hated having facial hair. So after turning on the small flatscreen TV by the minibar and switching to the local news, Matt unlocked the front door and went outside to get breakfast and his travel pack of shaving tools.

Misty groaned a bit as she woke up from her multi-hour sleep and looked around, she started to panic a bit when she realized that she was not at the Crystal Brighthouse or Opaline’s lair, but in what looked to be a hotel room with things like a small TV, a wall width mirror next to what looks to be a bathroom, and the front door. But what caught her eye was the TV which was displaying what looked to be a news station, but instead of something like ZBN, the bottom bit said 59 News, with the headline saying something about a phone call scam in Wyoming County.

“Wait, where am I?” Misty asked herself. Just then, a beep and clack came from the front door, the door slowly opening to reveal a bipedal creature who had a small bag with the word Phillips etched onto it in one hand and an odd cellphone in the other. Both pony and human made eye contact, both yelped in surprise with Misty falling off the bed and Matt falling out of the still open door and he took a spill on the pavement, bag and phone falling to the ground and hitting the concrete walkway.

Matt was the first to regain his bearings and pick himself up off the pavement, he slowly entered back into the room to find Misty stuck in an awkward position on the floor and was struggling to get up.

“Hang on, let me help you.” Matt said while slowly approaching Misty.

“How do I know that you won’t hurt me?” Misty asked in a serious but scared tone.

“If I wanted to hurt you, I would have a long time ago. And I wouldn’t hurt anyone anyways, so could you at least let me help you up? I’ll explain anything you want to know after. I promise that.” Matt said while putting his hand on his heart to show that he means every word. That seemed to work as Misty stopped moving around and let the human help her up off the floor.

“So I should start by introducing myself. My name is Matt Fredrick and I am what is called a Human” Matt said while sitting on a bed.

“Nice to meet you Matt. My name is Misty Brightdawn, I’ve actually heard of your kind from my friend Sunny Starscout.” Misty said while holding her hoof out to shake, which Matt shook politely.

“Quite interesting, I assume you have quite a few questions. But for now, you should probably get washed up first, we have a long ride ahead of us and we need to vacate the room by noon.” Matt said before suddenly remembering that his phone and bag were outside and he rushed to get the 2 items, when he came back inside, he saw that his phone was toast and said, “God fucking dammit,” quite loudly before realizing his mistake, “Sorry Misty, I tend to use profanity often, I will try to dial it back some.”

“I understand Matt, but you don’t have to adjust how you speak just because I’m here. But may I ask what happened? You seem upset.” Misty asked, walking over to Matt.

“When I fell, I dropped my phone and it hit the pavement hard enough that the screen shattered and I can’t get a display. Hopefully I can get a new phone on the way.”

“I have never seen a phone like that, what is it called?” Misty asked curiously.

“This phone would be the Nokia C110, a budget phone from Nokia released like 2 years ago last month” Matt explained.

“We have a similar brand called Ponkia and they were known for making high quality phones” Misty said while remembering what Pipp had told her when she got her phone, she then remembered and found her phone in her pocket (which nobody including me knows where ponies stuff their phones) and she powered it on, and it managed to come to life, though it was not receiving any bars which annoyed her.

“Nice phone, maybe we can get it to work here.” Matt said while picking up his shaving bag and going over to the mirror to shave.

“You’re willing to do that for me? That’s very kind of you Matt. I’m gonna go wash up, I am a total mess.” Misty said before going into the bathroom and closing the door.

About 15 minutes later, Misty stepped out of the bathroom and she saw Matt watching the TV and she trotted over to see what he was watching, what was on the screen was the weather for the place they were near and then the image zoomed out to reveal an odd land shape that did not look like Equestria and then she asked the important question.

“Matt, where am I?”

“I wondered when you were gonna ask that, you are near a town called Beckley which is in the state of West Virginia which is the country called the United States. So basically, you’re in a whole new world.” Matt said, bracing for what might come next.

“So there is no way for me to get back home?” Misty asked, looking like she was about to burst into tears.

“I don’t know. But you can bet your ass that I will do whatever it takes to get you back home.” Matt said to comfort Misty, which worked as she ran up to him and hugged him while whispering, “Thank you”

Matt hugged the pony back. He was determined to get Misty back home no matter what. And he was gonna try really hard to do it.

Author's Note:

And Chapter 2 is out. I'm impressed with how quickly this gained traction.
Fun fact: the title was made with a bit of help from the famous Bing AI and I polished it.
Fun fact 2: the phone mentioned in the story is a phone I actually own IRL, also the Ponkia bit was a blast to think up, if I wasn't in the library on a AIO in the computer lab, I would have been laughing my arse off.
Fun fact 3.1: I spent 20 minutes looking around the I-64 corridor on Google Maps looking for a town with a news station which is why it's 59 News out of Beckley, West Virginia.
Fun fact 3.2: The Phone Call scam for Wyoming County is a legit issue that was covered by 59 3 days prior to the writing of this chapter.
Note: I was also fighting with Grammarly on certain pony words for a while.
And that's your edit ladies and gents, I will have a new chapter out soon. Stay safe out there folks!