• Published 6th Aug 2022
  • 439 Views, 8 Comments

Bumble Hunt - RevvEmUp



It's spring break and the girls are ready for a spring tour, and as fate would have it, Princess Twilight Sparkle returns! But… she brought a few surprise guests along with her.

  • ...
 8
 439

Chapter 2

As they walk to the park, Fluttershy notices Rainbow Dash looking upset. “Rainbow, are you alright?” Fluttershy asked her.

“Me? Yeah, sure!” Rainbow Dash responded, feigning confidence.

“Rainbow Dash, I know when you’re upset.” Fluttershy said.

“*SIGH* I’m jealous that an awesome alien robot warrior likes you over me.” Rainbow Dash answered dejectedly.

“Rainbow Dash, it doesn’t matter who you think should like you. What matters are the people who already do: your friends.” Fluttershy assured.

“I guess you’re right. I shouldn’t let things like this get to my head.” Rainbow Dash said with a brighter tone.

“Just because Fluttershy’s my favourite doesn’t mean I don’t like you. If it means anything, I still think you’re awesome.” Bumblebee told Rainbow Dash.

“Why don’t you tell us something about yourself, Bumblebee?” Fluttershy asked curiously.

“Well, I was hatched over ten-thousand years ago…” Bumblebee began.

“Hatched?! Like a bird?!” Pinkie Pie interrupted in surprise.

“More like a lizard; the shell’s soft, and the babies are covered in goo.” Bumblebee corrected.

“Yer jus’ pullin’ our leg, right?” Applejack asked.

“I’m not. That’s what happened.” Bumblebee answered in a serious tone.

“Is there anything less gross you can tell us?” Rarity asked.

“I’m from the planet Cybertron, and I’m part of the Autobots.” Bumblebee began. “For thousands of years, I fought against the Decepticons who wanted to take over the planet.”

“So you’re like a robot space soldier!” Pinkie Pie said.

“Well, a couple centuries ago the war ended when the Decepticon’s leader Megatron surrendered, then exiled himself to deep space. Nowadays, I work in fugitive recovery on Earth.” Bumblebee added.

“Got any robo-hobbies?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I like listening to music, watching T.V., and racing in car mode.” Bumblebee answered.

“You can turn into a car?!” Rainbow Dash said excitedly.

“A seventh-gen Chevy Camaro, Super Sport. Top speed’s three-hundred-something miles-per-hour.” Bumblebee described proudly.

“Three-hundred-something, eh? Maybe we can race after we rebuild you.” Rainbow Dash challenged.

“Oh, Dashie, always the competitive type. You’re on!” Bumblebee accepted.

“Does your society have their own language?” Sci-Twi asked.

“Uh-huh, but it’s near-impossible for humans to understand.” Bumblebee answered.

“Is Bumblebee your name in English?” Fluttershy asked.

“Yep. My real name’s pronounced-” Bumblebee said before emitting electronic garbles and buzzes.

“Sounds like a broken microwave.” Rainbow Dash commented.

“It must be a form of audible machine language. I must study you sometime.” Sci-Twi said.

“I’ll give you a Cybertronian biology datatrax. We aliens don’t like being probed either.” Bumblebee said as they enter the park.

“Let’s fan out and—" Twilight Sparkle directed before Spike yelled.

“I found it!” Spike pointed to a strange vertical structure standing plainly on the grass.

“Looks like one’a them modern art thingies.” Applejack commented.

“That’s my leg!” Bumblebee confirmed as they walk to it, when they see Principal Celestia and Vice-Principal Luna standing before it, looking at it cautiously.

“Is this a modern art installation?” Celestia wondered.

“It’s Principal Celestia! What do we do?!” Rainbow Dash panicked.

“I don’t see a need to be covert. It’s no secret I’m a pony princess from another world. I’m sure she’ll understand the presence of an alien robot head.” Twilight Sparkle said.

“So, we’re just gonna walk up and talk to them?” Rarity asked as they approach the sisters.

“Hello again, Principal Celestia.” Twilight Sparkle greeted Celestia.

“Twilight?” Celestia said before realizing she’s seeing two Twilight Sparkles. “Oh, Princess Twilight, it’s good to see you. How are you?”

“I’m doing well, Principal. How long has it been? It feels like years since we last met at the Battle of the Bands.” Twilight Sparkle responded.

“It hasn’t been that long.” Celestia chuckled.

“I take it you’ve been acquainted with your other self?” Luna turned to Sci-Twi.

“We have. It’s… well, strange is the least I can say about it.” Sci-Twi responded awkwardly.

“Is this one of your inventions?” Celestia looks to Bumblebee.

“I’m Bumblebee, Twilight’s new alien friend. That piece of modern art’s my leg.” Bumblebee explained.

“If that’s the case, you’re free to take it. We’re wondering why something as strange as this is here.” Luna said. Bumblebee skitters to the leg and exerts himself before his limb, grunting as if he’s straining himself.

“What’re you doing? Are you alright?” Fluttershy asked Bumblebee in concern.

“I’m tryna reconnect with my leg. It’s not responding.” Bumblebee grunted.

“Its circuits must’ve been scrambled from the landing.” Sci-Twi speculated. “I’ll examine it when I get the chance.”

“I’ll carry it.” Applejack picks up the leg with ease.

“What’re you two doing out here?” Twilight Sparkle asked Celestia.

“Celestia lost her bird, Philomena. We’re looking for her.” Luna explained.

“What breed is Philomena? She a parrot, or something?” Bumblebee asked.

“Scarlet macaw. I’ve raised her since she was an egg. I don’t know what I’d do if something happened to her.” Celestia answered worriedly.

“Lemme try something.” Bumblebee said before playing a bird call.

After a moment, a large red parrot lands on Fluttershy’s shoulder. “Hello there.” Fluttershy greeted her.

“Philomena!” Celestia called out to the bird. “Thank you for helping me find her.” Celestia thanked Bumblebee as Philomena perches onto her shoulder.

“No prob, Cay-Cay.” Bumblebee said confidenly.

“Excuse me?” Celestia said in confusion.

“We’ll just be on our way, Principal Celestia, Vice-Principal Luna. Enjoy your spring break!” Sci-Twi said hurriedly as they leave.

“Don’t set yourself on fire, Philomena!” Bumblebee yelled back to Philomena. “Spring break, huh? Whaddya got planned? A cruise?” Bumblebee asked them.

“I’m planning that for next year’s spring break. This year, we’ve got a show on the road.” Sci-Twi answered as Sunset Shimmer gets a call from Flash Sentry.

“Wassup, Flash?” Sunset Shimmer greeted him.

“Hey, Sunset. I think I found one of Bumblebee’s parts. It looks like an arm, and it’s got some cannon for a hand.” Flash Sentry told them.

“Can you send a picture?” Sunset Shimmer requested. Flash Sentry sends a picture of a yellow robot arm with an alien cannon in place of its hand lying on shady grass.

“That’s my plasma cannon!” Bumblebee looked at the photo.

“Come meet me in the forest. I don’t think I can carry this by myself.” Flash Sentry told her.

“What’re you doing in the forest?” Sunset Shimmer asked curiously.

“I, was, uh, on a walk.” Flash Sentry answered nervously.

“We’ll skip over there like a sidewinder in summer!” Applejack told him.

“Thanks for finding it, Flash. We’ll see you soon!” Twilight Sparkle said before Sunset Shimmer hangs up.

“He better be careful. I think it’s still loaded.” Bumblebee commented.

“A cannon? What other weapons you got?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I got a plasma cannon, electrical stingers, missiles, machine guns, more missiles…” Bumblebee listed as they walk.


In the forest, Flash Sentry pockets his phone and turns to the rusty robot, peering at him as it crouches down. “Now… we wait.” the robot said with a deep, gravelly voice.

“As promised, you won’t hurt them, right?” Flash Sentry reminded.

“Of course. I only wish to clear a misunderstanding.” the robot acknowledged. Flash Sentry turns away from the robot and sits on the arm. “How was your day?”

“It’s… well, it’s spring break, and I don’t have anything to do. My bandmates’re busy with other stuff, and…” Flash answered before stopping. “Wait, why do you care?”

“I wanted to start a conversation.” the robot answered.

“Well, like I was saying: I wanted to go on an adventure for spring break, and I got one in the worst way possible.” Flash Sentry concluded.

“What is spring break?” the robot asked.

“In the spring season, students get a few weeks break from school.” Flash Sentry answered. “I can’t imagine a robot would understand that.”

“The concept of a vacation is not alien to me. Seasons are.” the robot commented.

“So, how do you know Bumblebee?” Flash Sentry asked.

“We’re acquaintances.” the robot answered.

“If he’s your ‘acquaintance’, why’d you run?” Flash Sentry questioned.

“Those females did not give me the chance to explain. I would rather not risk unnecessary bloodshed.” the robot answered when they hear a distant conversation.

“Someone’s here.” Flash Sentry said as the robot transforms into vehicle mode.

He looks through the brush to find The Dazzlings digging up a buried yellow object. “It’s just junk. Leave it alone.” Aria Blaze told Adagio Dazzle.

“No, this is definitely worth something!” Adagio Dazzle insisted as she shovels dirt.

“Y’think it’s Equestrian?” Sonata Dusk asked.

“If it’s not, we can just sell it.” Adagio Dazzle responded confidently.

“Uh-oh…” Flash Sentry backs away and he trips over the arm, alerting the trio.

“Who’s there?!” Adagio Dazzle called out. They walk through the brush and see Flash Sentry lying on the ground with his legs over Bumblebee’s arm. “Well, well, well, if it isn’t Twilight Sparkle’s loverboy.” Adagio Dazzle said as they stand before him.

“Hi, Flash!” Sonata Dusk waved.

“What’s a loser like you doing here?” Aria Blaze asked.

“I’d ask you the same thing.” Flash Sentry tries to get up, but is pushed down by Adagio Dazzle’s shovel.

“What’s this?” Adagio Dazzle looked down to the arm behind Flash Sentry.

“It’s just like that buried thing!” Sonata Dusk pointed.

“I found it first!” Flash Sentry asserted.

“As if you can do anything to stop us.” Adagio Dazzle scoffed. “We may not have magic, but we do have a blunt object.” she threatened as she holds up her shovel.

“Woah, easy there!” Flash Sentry shielded his face.

“Just let us have it, and we won’t have a problem.” Aria Blaze threatened.

“We’re gonna sell it and buy new stuff! Like a van!” Sonata Dusk added.

“We can take that one.” Aria Blaze pointed to the rusted S.U.V.

“That’s mine, too.” Flash Sentry said nervously.

“Aw, can’t you share? Friendship and sharing are all what you C.H.S. students love, right?” Adagio Dazzle asked mockingly.

“I dunno what to tell you, but you can’t have them!” Flash Sentry declared. While lying, he thrust his legs into Adagio Dazzle before flipping to his feet.

“Hey, you can’t hit a girl!” Sonata Dusk said before Adagio Dazzle rushes at Flash Sentry with her shovel, when the shovel head is suddenly blasted off.

The Dazzlings look to the S.U.V. with its shotgun deployed on its roof before it transforms into robot mode. “Get away from him.” the robot growled.

“Aaah!” Sonata Dusk screamed as they flee.

“Facing a killer robot’s not worth any of this!” Aria Blaze exclaimed.

“You can keep it!” Adagio Dazzle screamed as they escape into the brush.

“You… saved me.” Flash Sentry said to the robot.

“It’s the right thing to do.” the robot told him.

“They were digging up something there.” Flash Sentry pointed to the brush. The robot walks to the spot and pulls out one of Bumblebee’s legs from the ground, minus a foot.

“We found another piece.” Flash Sentry noted in surprise.

“Pony me sounds very intense.” a distant voice said.

“Pony Fluttershy’s pretty terrifying if you mess with her.” Bumblebee said as he and the girls emerge from the trees and are shocked to see the robot with Flash Sentry.

“It’s a trap!” Rainbow Dash yelled.

“Flash, get away from that evil robot!” Applejack exclaimed before dropping Bumblebee’s leg.

The two girls rush at the robot on the offensive when Flash Sentry gets in their way. “Stop! He saved my life!” he exclaimed for the girls to stop in place.

“Flash, what are you doing?!” Sci-Twi yelled to him.

“That isn’t an evil robot, it’s C-Eighty-One, Bumblebee’s partner!” Twilight Sparkle told them.

“Well, he used to be evil, but he’s all good now.” Bumblebee said.

“Yeah, he did ask me to call you guys without telling you about him, but he saved me from The Dazzlings.” Flash Sentry explained.

“We thought you’re gonna attack Twilight earlier.” Sunset Shimmer said.

“I was trying to protect her, but you attacked me. You of all people should know better.” C-81 lectured them. “To quote Twilight Sparkle from Bridle Gossip: never judge a book by its cover. Someone may look unusual, or funny, or scary. But you have to look past that and learn who they are inside. Real friends don't care what your cover is; it's the contents of a pony that count.”

“You’re a fan, too?” Applejack asked.

“He’s going through some stuff, and watching the show’s been helping.” Bumblebee said.

“What’s he talking about?” Flash Sentry asked in confusion.

“We’re in a cartoon!” Pinkie Pie explained to Flash Sentry’s shock.

“A… cartoon… huh…” Flash Sentry responded in shock.

“I’m glad you’re taking our friendship lessons to heart, especially if it helps you personally.” Twilight Sparkle said to C-81.

“We’re so sorry for the misunderstanding. Is there anything we can do to make up for it?” Fluttershy apologized.

“Just repair Bumblebee.” C-81 tosses both Bumblebee’s right forearm and left leg to them.

“Now we’re getting somewhere!” Bumblebee said excitedly.

“It’s getting late. We should go home.” Sunset Shimmer notices the sun setting.

“If y’need a place t’stay, I’ve got room’n my garage.” Applejack offered the robots.

“We can keep my parts there!” Bumblebee suggested.

“Let’s have a slumber party at Applejack’s with Twilight and two alien robots!” Pinkie Pie said excitedly.

“I can provide transport, if you need it.” C-81 offered before transforming into S.U.V. mode.

“Must we?” Rarity said in disgust at his dilapidated form.


Later at Sweet Apple Acres, Applejack is explaining the entire situation to her family while everyone moves stuff out of the garage. “…An’ that’s why there’s a giant robot in the garage.” Applejack concluded.

“Real aliens are stayin’ in our garage?!” Apple Bloom said excitedly.

“They can stay, so long as they don’t make too much noise.” Granny Smith crossed her arms.

“Pinkie, what do you think of us being in a cartoon?” Fluttershy asked Pinkie Pie as they move out two boxes from the garage.

“I wouldn’t let it worry me too much. After all, we’re used to having a loving audience.” Pinkie Pie answered.

“But this is potentially millions of viewers. What if they’re watching us now?” Fluttershy postulated nervously.

“It’s not like they watch every second of our lives. If they are, hi! Thanks for watching!” Pinkie Pie said as she waved to the open air.

“Hi.” Fluttershy waved meekly.

“Now that you’ve got the parts, I’ll be going now.” Flash Sentry said sadly as he walks away, when Twilight Sparkle stops him.

“You can stay with us.” Twilight Sparkle suggested.

“Really?” Flash Sentry responded.

“Consider it thanks for finding Bumblebee’s parts with C-Eighty-One.” Twilight Sparkle added.

“Thanks, Twilight. I’m glad to have helped you all somehow.” Flash Sentry thanked her.


They soon clear enough space to allow C-81 to take up half the garage with room for Bumblebee’s parts and sleeping bags. “He jumped ship, and I finally spent time with my family.” Twilight Sparkle recounted a story to her friends and Bumblebee as they sat around in their pyjamas.

“Feeling comfortable?” Sunset Shimmer asked C-81 as he lies down.

“As comfortable as I can be.” C-81 answered.

“What’s the story between you and ‘Bee?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“We’ve known each other for a long time. It was until recently we became properly acquainted.” C-81 answered.

“How’d you two meet?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“We were on… opposite sides of a conflict.” C-81 answered.

“You’re a Decepticon?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“Was. For thousands of years, I’ve destroyed billions, if not trillions of lives for power. Now, I seek to make amends.” C-81 answered sadly.

“Whatever happened in the past shouldn’t define you, because your past isn’t today. I’ve been through what you’re going through, and I’ve had help from my friends. Do you have other friends?” Sunset Shimmer asked.

“Yes, my brother.” C-81 answered.

“You have a brother?” Sunset Shimmer said in surprise.

“I do. Even after all my atrocities, he still welcomes me back. I think he missed his brother.” C-81 explained with a more hopeful tone.

“Look at you chumming it up. You said we ain’t tourists.” Bumblebee said to C-81 as he skittered over.

“And you said to live a little.” C-81 rebutted.

“That’s the spirit, Me- I mean, Eighty-One.” Bumblebee said.

“We’re just talking about Twilight’s life in Equestria. Care to join us?” Sci-Twi suggested.

“I’d be more than happy to.” C-81 agreed as he sits up to join their conversation.

“Where was I? Yes, the journal of Star Swirl the Bearded. Our friend Sunburst found…” Twilight Sparkle continued.


Later when everyone is asleep, Twilight Sparkle struggles to sleep and gets up from her sleeping bag, seeing C-81 also awake. “Can’t sleep?” Twilight Sparkle whispered.

“Yes. Why have you awoken?” C-81 asked.

“I’m worried about the two heroes that jumped with us. We haven’t seen or heard them in our search.” Twilight Sparkle answered worriedly.

“I’m more concerned about what took them.” C-81 replied.

“We haven’t seen those since we arrived.” Twilight Sparkle commented. “Do you think my friends are okay?” Twilight Sparkle asked C-81.

“I’ve seen your friends escape with their lives more times than I can count. It’s almost become the norm.” C-81 said in an attempt to assure her.

“That’s assuring… I guess.” Twilight Sparkle looks to Bumblebee sleeping beside Fluttershy.

“Rest. You’ll need the energy for tomorrow.” Twilight Sparkle advised.

“I shall. Good night.” C-81 said before shutting down, as does Twilight Sparkle. As they sleep, Full Bottle spies on them from within the orchard, using thermal imaging on his camera to see through the garage.

“Peeping on girls? Have you no shame?” a readout window on the display read.

“It’s recon, Flash.” Full Bottle denied.

“That’s what they all say.” readout replied.

“I should’ve brought muscle monkey as my partner.” Full Bottle grumbled.

“I’m not all that enthused about buddying with an egotist like you either.” Chat added.

“Whatever. Let’s move to the next stakeout location.” Full Bottle walks to a red motorcycle with a yellow tank behind the seat.

“Egomaniac.” readout typed.

“Attention-seeker.” Full Bottle bickered before revving the engine and driving away.

To be continued…