• Published 30th Apr 2020
  • 1,024 Views, 9 Comments

The Big Secret - StolenMemes



When an anonymous MyStable account starts spilling the secrets of students around the school, one of the Canterlot Six finds themselves in a gigantic dilemma.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,024

The Importance of Friends

The halls of Canterlot High were filled with awkward teenagers trying to get to whatever classes they needed to get to, just like any other day. And just like any other day, there were the usual happenings in any high school on a normal day.

Canterlot High is and was just like most other high schools, you had the popular crowd, the artsy-hippie types, the rednecks and the quirky kids, all of which were doing their own day-in and day-out things. The popular kids were either at practice or roaming the halls like they owned the place. The rednecks were talking amongst one another, half of them talking about nothing interesting, the other half bringing up their political beliefs. The hippies of course were doing whatever made each of their lives a little easier. Some were practicing theatre or letting their creative juices flow while others were sneaking off into the bathrooms in large groups, thinking they’re fooling everyone with what they’re doing in there. The quirky kids were also doing various activities. The nerds were being nerds and talking things too complicated for anyone else to follow, while the outcasts were busy scaring everyone else off, and the emo kids were brooding amongst themselves.

Amongst all the chaos, one girl skipped through the halls without a care in the world. All she cared about was helping others find their laughter. Her name was Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie was… not your average teenager. She didn’t necessarily belong to any cliques or even thought negatively about anyone (the exception being her friend, Sunset Shimmer, for the longest time because she was Queen Bee at Canterlot High and used her social power to humiliate others until she was shown the error of her ways).

Pinkie Pie skipped her way into 3rd period, sitting down in her usual seat next to a good friend of hers, Rainbow Dash, the school’s top athlete. She turned to her friend and the two began a pleasant conversation that neither could recall the topic of by the end of the day. 3rd period was the entry level theatre class, and since it was required that everyone take at least one Fine Arts class to graduate, it was somewhat of a blow-off class. One of those classes that had seniors mixed in with freshmen and everyone in between.

“NO!!!” A shriek was heard from the back of the class. Everyone including Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie turned to the source of the scream.

Diamond Tiara. This freshman girl had a history of bullying their friends’ sisters and generally being a spoiled brat, so whatever it was most assumed it was something petty, but that didn’t stop Pinkie Pie from seeing the obvious distress coming from a younger kid, so her and Rainbow Dash went over to the kid, despite Rainbow Dash having her doubts.

The two made their way over to the now crying Diamond Tiara, who was now gaining more attention.

“Hey there, are you alright?” Pinkie Pie asked the underclassman, but couldn’t understand the response behind her wall of sobs. “What’s wrong? You can tell me.” Pinkie continued to kindly try and get the girl to answer her, but Rainbow Dash noticed the girl’s phone laying flat on the table next to her.

It was opened to a MyStable page.

Rainbow Dash looked closer and what was on the page became more clear. Suddenly what had made the girl so upset made more sense now; one the phone was a picture of Diamond Tiara being a little too intimate with an upperclassman on the football team.

“Uhh… Pinkie?”

“What?”

“This might be a little out of our control…”

...

By 6th period most knew what was going on. Since Diamond Tiara, a new secret had been posted about someone every period on an anonymous account on MyStable. Many people started getting nervous while others began getting desperate and started accusing one another. Many teachers didn’t take the account seriously, while others were calling Principal Celestia nonstop. Amongst it all were the few who felt they had nothing to hide.

Rainbow Dash had U.S. History in 6th period. With her was Applejack and her best friend, Fluttershy. Applejack got along with the rednecks, but some of them were a little too rude for her taste, while Fluttershy mostly kept to herself. On a normal day, Coach Side Sweeper would be teaching them about how there was not multiple shooters in the Zapruder Film. Today on the other hand, nobody could focus and their easily distracted history teacher was no exception.

“Listen gals, we’ve got nothin’ to hide, so it’s best we shouldn’t be too nervous ‘bout this online feller.”
Applejack strategized amongst the three friends. “Now who would want to do this?”

“Probably some incel to be honest.” Rainbow Dash almost immediately responded.

“Rainbow, that’s not a very nice word.” Fluttershy interjected.

“I mean, yeah. But think about it,” she retaliated. “Of the three leaks today, all of them were girls unless you count the creep in the first picture. So it’s probably some kid who got upset after being rejected.”

“I don’t know about that, Rainbow. I don’t think that’s enough evidence.”

“Wait what’s an incel?” Applejack stated.

“Okay we’re getting off topic here, we need to-” Rainbow Dash was cut off by commotion nearby. Another post. The three girls checked their MyStable accounts to find another person’s secret revealed. This time, a video of one of the most pristine girls in school passed out drunk with beer cans surrounding her. But what caught Fluttershy’s eye was a follow up post immediately after. Soon, others began to notice.

“For the finale, I will take down someone big. Prepare yourself, you have one hour.” One of their classmates, a hippie named Burning Bush read aloud. With the statement, followed an image. Six images put into one to be exact.

‘Oh no…’ the three friends thought.

The post contained the yearbook photos of Sunset Shimmer, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Rainbow Dash in that order. The class went silent as they all turned to the three girls in the room. In Physics, Rarity and Sunset Shimmer felt the same types of glares as well as Pinkie Pie in Algebra.

“Well it can’t be me, I don’t have any secrets!” Applejack called out. “None of us do! Right gals?” She turned to her friends, snapping Rainbow Dash out of her initial shock.

“Yeah!” She answered snappily. “I don’t have any secrets! And I’ve known Fluttershy since we were in pre-school. There’s no way I don’t know something about her.” She defended. Fluttershy was still frozen. Her friend walked over to her and put her hand on her shoulder. “Fluttershy, are you alright?” This finally snapped her out of her trance.

“Y-yeah I’m fine… I don’t have any secrets either.” She shyly said.

...

When the bell rang and everyone began shuffling out of class and onto 7th period, Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy made their way out, wishing Applejack good luck. The two walked down the hallway in silence for a moment before the rainbow athlete spoke up.

“It’s probably gonna be something about Sunset.”

“Hm?”

“Well it’s kinda obvious, she was kinda doing everything behind the scenes for years, I’m sure whoever this is dug up something on her that she probably forgot about.”

“Are you sure?”

“Well yeah, I’m positive this guy just wants revenge.”

“But what if it isn’t?”

“I dunno something about Rarity?” Rainbow Dash laughed. “Trust me, Fluttershy. I guarantee it’s not you or me, so quit worrying, bud.”

“If you say so…”

“Alright well I’ll see you after school! Whatever it is, it can’t be that bad.”

With that, she dashed off to the soccer field as Fluttershy made her way into her final class of the day.

Once inside, Fluttershy sat down at her usual spot in the corner. Rarity finally came in a few seconds before the bell like she always did. Being the popular girl she was, she had a lot of friends around campus and a lot of them often stopped to talk to her. Rarity was probably the only one in their group more popular than Rainbow Dash. Despite this, Rarity still had a great heart and had so much love to give. It also helped that she gave Fluttershy tips when it came to her love life on rare occasions, something not even Rainbow Dash was very good at helping her with.

Rarity sat down next to Fluttershy and before they said anything, they both gave one another a look they both understood. A few seconds of silence filled the space between the two before Rarity finally spoke up.

“So we’re about to find out some sort of secret this class, aren’t we?”

“...Yeah…”

“Well no matter what it is, I’ll still love you like a sister, darling. I can expect the same?”

“Of course, Rarity!” Fluttershy spoke louder than usual. “Nothing will change that! I’ll always be here for you.”

“Thank you… Fluttershy, I- I needed that.” Rarity finally showed her worry.

Meanwhile, Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer were sitting in Art, painting to distract themselves.

“Pinkie I’m just so worried about this whole thing. What if this person brings up something that-”

“Sunset.” Pinkie Pie stopped her friend. “Why do you care?”

“Huh?”

“Whoever is behind all this is just some meanie who wants to fill us all to hate each other, so why bother. We’ve all got secrets and embarrassing stories, so why do we care if somebody likes to write fanfiction or sleep around? We’re all people and as long as we can make eachother laugh, I think we’ll be fine. Besides, you’re good now. I know that, you know that, and our friends know that. So why does it matter, in 20 minutes, the secret will come out, and in 45 when class is over, we’ll all go to the shop, eat and hang out. Only today we’ve got something interesting to talk about.” The pink girl smiled at the red one before going back to her painting.

Sunset went back to her painting, this time even deeper in thought.

‘Maybe she’s right? Is Pinkie Pie right? The girl thought to herself. She looked around the class and thought about her new friends. She thought about everything going on in her life and then all the things she’d done and those she’d hurt in the past. ‘Maybe…’

...

Applejack opened her phone. 2 minutes ‘till the next post.

She wasn’t much of a social media person (one thing her and Fluttershy had in common), so this wasn’t really up her alley in terms of problems. She cared about her friends and knew next to nothing could change that. She felt this person wasn’t much of a threat and more an annoyance. She didn’t get social media the way everyone else did with all the countless emojis and Snapchats amongst other things. She only got it after everyone had told her to. She preferred basic text messaging to most other media and used it to communicate with her friends.

With that, she opened their group message and sent one;

AJ: Love yall whatever this jerk throws at us we can handle. I know it yall know it God knows it.

Pinkie Pie responded within seconds, quickly followed by Rarity.

PP: ^^

R: I couldn’t agree more, darling.

Sunset Shimmer and Fluttershy joined the conversation just moments after, with the only absentee being Rainbow Dash, who was probably amidst a workout.

R: One more minute until one of us is RUINED by some secret spreading FIEND!!!

SS: I promise no matter what you guys hear about me, I love all of you and would never hurt any of you.

PP: o gurlz u crack me up were still gonna be friends after this ;)

FS: It’s still scary tho…

AJ: Fluttershy itll be alright. Your gonna be OK.

R: 30 seconds. I can’t take the suspense

SS: Let’s get this over with…

AJ: Love yall

PP: <333

FS: I wish Rainbow was with us right now.

Seconds after Fluttershy’s text was sent, each of them opened MyStable and waited for the post with varying levels of worry and anticipation. The seconds came and went. No post.

Rainbow Dash finished her jog around the track and looked at her phone and saw multiple notifications.

‘Oh no…’ She thought.

Relief came to her as she noticed it was just the group chat. She popped in and got a comment in.

RD: Bring it on, anonymous asshole!

AJ: Language

Rainbow Dash laughed at her friend’s immediate response. She noticed the time to see no post yet.

RD: lmao they didnt post!? WEAK

FS: Maybe their connection is bad

RD: Doubt it, they probably realized who they’re dealing with! XD

A few seconds went by and nobody responded.

RD: Anyways I gotta get back to practice. See you guys after school

Rainbow Dash set her phone down and jogged over to the rest of her team. Just then a notification popped up her phone, as well as everyone else’s phone. Everyone around the school opened their phones to see that the post was finally up. The big secret. One by one, everyone in school knew, whether by actually seeing the post themselves or by the word of their fellow classmates. But the ones closest to the secret couldn’t believe their eyes, nor the awkward situation presented at them.

Author's Note:

I've been out of the game for a few years, but I felt like I might give writing a shot again.

Sorry for the cliffhanger y'all. Hope you guys enjoyed!

Constructive criticism is very welcomed!