• Published 5th Apr 2021
  • 531 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Mages: Subrosa Admission - Foxhelm



At the Whirling Constellation Music Festival after a bad first day no thanks to Pinkie, Sunset gets stuck in a time loop. A My Little Mages retelling of Sunset's Backstage Pass.

  • ...
 4
 531

The Loop Continues

The next morning, just in the earliest hours of day, when only the morning star was above the horizon, before it could herald the sun. Almost everyone of the party was sound asleep before, “RISE AND SHINE!!!” shouted Sour as all the girls jerked and jumped out of their beds. “Applejack says breakfast is almost ready.” she added sweetly. All groaned as they recovered from the shock before as they changed into what they were going to wear that day.

Outside they found a fairly basic breakfast spread out with Sour at the table ready to eat. The barbarian was not dressed in her usual brown bear based suit, instead she wore a white furred tunic with black fur leggings, with the bear’s bones making her belt, with the skull hung around her neck, with the top of her tunic made out of the head of the black and white bear. While most were unphased by the barbarian’s getup, “Um, you do know those only eat plants right?” the druid question.

“I’m a berserker, I wear shirts made from bears. And this is the one for this.” Sour retorted. Fluttershy could only sigh.

Sunset froze as she recalled that very conversation the day before, “It can't be.” she tried to deny but she knew it was futile, “It's still—”

“Whoo! Whril-Con Mus-Fes Day One!” shouted Lemon as she was the last to exit. She had in her hands a paddle with the logo of the Rainbolt, which itself was a rainbow with the Aura Marks of the Rainbooms coming from the stylised S of the Shadowbolts with their Aura Marks within the S itself, with Sunset’s Aura Mark placed in what could described as the merging point. “Come and get it!” she shouted as she swung her paddle whacking Sunset in the rear. It was then that Lemon fully realized her surroundings. She took off her head set, “Haha… Whoops…” she said weakly as Sunset only glared at her sister. “Sorry, sis.” she said weakly. “Got a little too excited.” she confessed.

Sunset looked to the sky, “Okay,” she stated “My do-over can end now.” but as she spoke she seemed to travel forward and with every word her surroundings changed as did her expression to frustration to rage to cold apathy. This finished as she was standing next to Sandalwood as he minded his own affair. With a tone of absolute boredom,“Cue Snips, and push Sandalwood out of the way in three, two…” she said before she trailed off as the schoolmate of the CMC was stepping into view.

“You stage direct— Whoa!” Snip started to ask before he lost his balance and fell into a puddle with a splat while Sunset pushed Sandalwood out of Snip’s way. Snips groaned with an ‘Aww’ upon impact. As Snips started to pick himself up, with some help from Sandalwood. “Could've warned me, you know?” Snips questioned as he tried to clean himself off.

Sunset’s apathetic expression didn’t change, “Tried that nine times, never worked.” she stated not even bothering to see if the boy understood her or not. She then turned and started to walk away before she dumped into the artist of the paint water balloon fight. Sunset grunted and groaned at the collision before she recovered and saw who she dumped into.

“Hey, watch it!” the artist bemoaned. Sunset’s apathy didn’t change.

“Sorry.” she said with passion. “Thought you didn't come up 'til later.” Sunset commented with a slight degree of amusement, “I'll make a note of that for next time.” She took out a notepad and started to jot something down. “Day eighteen – saw the paint guy by the food stand right before he breaks up with his girlfriend.” She dictated what she jotted before she started to walk away from the artist. “It's not you, it's her and I’m gonna go.” she informed and left the scene.

The artist could not but shout out, “You better run!”

“Run from my problems? I... actually haven't tried that yet.” Sunset paused for a second and then broke into what could only be described as mad laughter. Once she finished and took a breath to collect herself, “Yeah, like that every works out for anyone who ever tried.” But then something popped in her head. She rushed off to find where MC Dex FX was playing. Sci-Twi and Twilight have both been great sound boards in the past. When she got there, the techno-disc-jockey had taken off his helmet, revealing himself to be Mirco Chips (which didn’t surprise her) and was accepting the applause from the audience. After a few seconds she spotted both Twilight and Sci-Twi in complete stupidity, mouth agape and all. She swiftly approached the two, “Hey can we talk?” she asked.

Still very much trapped in disbelief, “I could have sworn MC Dex FX was a woman,” Twilight finally blurted out.

“But ‘MC’... how is it not ‘modulated computersounds’! And how could he use a 42-00 pre-effect mixer like that, you’d need a 42-3C effects pedal to do all that!” Sci-Twi pulled on her hair in frustration over how she could have been so wrong.

Sunset coughed to get their attention, “As earth-shattering as figuring out that your favorite musician is actually Flash’s best friend, you’re not going to believe this.”

“Wait, weren’t you and Pinkie gonna…” Twilight started.

Sunset sighed, “Let me explain.” After what felt like an hour of explaining what Sunset had been through, in the tent set up for eating. Once she finished. “And I don’t know what to do.”

Sci-Twi mused for a second, “Hmm...It's possible a snag in the fabric of spacetime could cause a…”

Sunset then started to join Sci-Twi, saying the same words at the exact same time, “...temporal point – i.e., this day – to fold in on itself and thereby repeat.” Both stopped at the same time and held that for a second, before Sci-Twi continued only for Sunset to speak at the exact same time, “You really have done this a lot.” They stopped again for a second. “Okay, you've made your point! Stop!” The two said together again. Sci-Twi’s squinting eyes and frown made her irritation blatant, while Sunset’s face was written with apathy.

After they both stopped, Sunset sighed, “This time loop started after I wished for another chance to catch PostCrush, and since I did see them, why didn't it end?”

Sci-Twi and Twilight looked at each other for a second neither amused with the fact that Sunset ditched Pinkie. However while scolding Sunset was called for, this might not be the time or place. Twilight was the one to speak, “Are you sure about this you being able to see PostCrush?” she asked. Sunset open her mouth as if to speak only to fall mute after some thought. Twilight then reached into her pants and pulled out a small scrying crystal. “If you’re right, there is one person who knows most about time traveling.”

“Who?” Sunset and Sci-Twi asked.

Twilight didn’t answer the question as she muttered something and the scrying crystal projected the inside of Timer Turner Who’s lab as he picked up his phone. “Dr. Time Turner Who, Technomancer, Chronomancer and Artificer, for all your physics bending needs. How can I help you.”

“Time, it’s Princess Twilight Sparkle,”

“Oh, you’re grace, it’s been a while, so what can I do for princess and country?” Time asked as he seemed to stumble around after learning his caller’s identity.

“Listen, a friend of mine claims to be stuck in a time loop and has been for eighteen days.” Twilight started.

Time gave a hum as he thought, “Time loop”... he hummed again, “We humans don’t traverse through time in that manner, something has to be triggering it. Something with chronomancy.”

“Like Star Swirl’s time travel spell.” Twilight mused.

Time broke into deep hearty laughter for a solid minute, like he had been told the funniest joke ever told. Once he collected himself, about half a minute later, “Sorry, but that spell is not even a baby’s teething toy for chronomancy. No, you would need something with actual power. But aside from Old Blue Bessy, the only artifact I know that can travel back in time to any meaningful extent is the Time Twister.” Twilight’s and Sunset’s both widened. “But that has been lost for over two thousand years,” he added. He paused in thought, “I should compare notes with Meadowbrook, it’s absolutely fascinating that she was able to make it in the first place. BRIGHTEYES, Start up the Box, we’re going on a trip! ALLONSY!” he shouted before he hung up, ending the call.

Sci-Twi cleared her throat, “Um, the Time Twister? Can someone explain it?” she asked her two companions.

Sunset was the first of the two to speak, “It’s one of the eight artifacts that Mage Meadowbrook crafted. It has the ability to cause time to rewind to the last sun rise.”

“But Meadowbrook lost that before she and the rest of the Pillars trapped the Nightstalker in Limbo.” Twilight added as she started to connect the dots herself. “Someone must have found it and is using it.”

Sunset started to stand up, “If we can find whoever is using it, we should be able to end the loop.” As she started to head out, “We got to get everyone else, we got a mission.”

About two hours and an explanation in a zone of truth later, Sunset opened the floor for discussion. Pinkie, with a question mark literally manifesting itself over her head for the better part of the exposition, was the first to speak. “So whoever has the Time Twirler is the only person besides you who isn't in the same place doing the same thing every day.” she pointed out.

“It’s possible.” Sunset admitted albeit with a fair amount of trepidation.

Pinkie sieged on her thus far unfalsified assertion. “Well, until we have better information, let’s work with that.” Pinkie then proceeded to question Sunset on a few things, “Have you noticed anyone who doesn't belong? Anyone out of place? Anyone... evil?!” as she asked, her tone got darker and more sinister as she said ‘evil’.

After letting Pinkie… well be herself, Sunset took a few seconds to remember if anything stood out to her. However she had been consumed by her own wrath the first four or five times after she caught the show, by the tenth time her emotions had burnt out and she had been drifting along ever since. She shook her head, “After a dozen times, I just couldn’t get myself to care anymore, every day is the same.”

Little did they know, Sweetie Drops, Lyra and their adopted daughter, a four to six year old Nightingale, were passing by and had overheard the last things Sunset said. “Oh you know that song?” Lyra asked.

“Lyra!” Sweetie Drops scolded, with Nightingale in her arms. “We’ve been over this, if we don’t want Night to get into trouble, we need to set the best examples we can and that includes minding our own business.” Lyra gave a soft and hinted to being apologetic. Sweetie Drops sighed before she turned to the group. “I wish to apologize on behalf of my wife.”

Before the apology could be accepted, “What song are you talking about?” Applejack asked.

Sweetie was about to answer when Lyra spoke up, “Oh there’s this new trio. They’re about to play over there in about fifteen minutes, they released the single they are here to perform about a week ago.” She said as she pointed to a stage. “You should totally catch them.” Sweetie cleared her throat, in a not so subtle attempt to direct Lyra to inform the group of the trio. “Right, sorry, they are the Glitzing Fasteners.”

“Glitzing Fasteners?” Sugarcoat asked, “That is one of the stupidest names for a band ever.”

Sweetie snickered, “Says the keyboarder of ‘The Shadowbolts’ and one of the two keyboarders of ‘Sparkle and the Rainbolts’.” she retorted pointing out the lack of creativity of the names of the bands Sugarcoat was a part of.

Sugarcoat took off her glasses, “Touché,” she granted.

“Well, we need to get Nightingale something to eat. It’s been a long day for her and we still have a couple more performances to catch today.” Sweetie said as she looked at her daughter resting her head on her breasts. She then started to leave, “Come along, Lyra.” Lyra groaned at how her wife was basically treating her as a kid.

After the couple left, Pinkie started in the direction of the stage the two pointed out. As the rest stared at her in confusion. “What?” Pinkie asked, “It’s not like we have anything better to do. Besides, at the very least its something to check out.” Everyone ultimately shrugged and followed their friend that has spent too much time in cloud cuckoo land. As they arrived near the stage they and all the others there for the show saw something float from the stage, a lime green fog.

Soon the main lights focused on the center as part of the fog cleared to reveal Adagio curtains were pulled to reveal Adagio Dazzle leaning back on a chair, facing stage left. As the music started, she started to sing and move her left arm to put the back of her left hand on her forehead. As she sang, Aria’s and Sonata’s voices were heard in harmony with hers and they moved their arms slightly slower than Adagio and Sonata the slowest of the three, harkening to their practice of appearing as one being on multiple limbs.

“Where do we go? Every day's the same
Did we lose the magic, magic, magic?
So ordinary, stuck on repeat
Gotta find the passion, passion, passion
The days go round and round, round and round
Gotta break away, find a great escape
Round and round and round
Round and round and round
Ohhh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find the magic
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find the magic.”

As the first part of the trio’s song was performed. Sunset and company were for the most part left speechless. “They must be a last-minute addition.” Pinkie suggested with a raised voice in an attempt to be heard by the lot but not be so loud as to make the rest of the audience feel the need to request her silence.

Rainbow was the next to speak up, and seemed to be the only one to notice that the three should be incarcerated having spied that around their necks were collars with what had to be fake rubies. “But they’re supposed to be in prison!”

Princess Twilight gave a weak laugh. This cause them all to turn to face the princess, “Well, you see Tempest, as warden of Stonlingrad Penitentiary, can grant a week long parole to any inmate at her discretion and without consultation.”

Everyone turned to the princess, “And yah couldn’t ‘ave told us t’at earily?” Applejack asked, far from amused at this development. The princess could only give a weak and somewhat apologetic ‘haha’ in response. Everyone could only groan as the rest of the song was performed.

With Twilight’s ‘haha’, Adagio sang a line by herself, “Can I find the beauty in the simple things?” she asked in the song.
She was joined by her sisters in response or rather continued the question, “Can I learn to see it,see it, see it?
The days go round and round, round and round
Gotta break away, find a great escape
Round and round and round
Round and round and round
Ohhh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find the magic”

Adagio repeated the last part of the verse, “Let's find the magic” before she was rejoined by her sisters. “Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh, let's find the magic
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh-ooh-ooh
Ooh…”. And thus the song ended and the crowd cheered, even Twilight et al were impressed to some extent by the show. After the crowd had died down slightly, Adagio spoke. “That was ‘Find the Magic’.” she informed and dropped the micro she sang into before the three left the stage.

“Seriously?” Sunset asked once the crowd finished cheering and applauding before they all started to head off each in their own direction. “It’s like they aren’t even trying to be subtle.”

“Two things, Sunset darling,” Rarity started. “First, when have the three ever been subtle?” she asked.

“My wedding reception.” Princess Twilight pointed out.

Rarity groaned, “Do you honestly believe that was their idea?” Rarity asked before she groaned. “That whole plan was clearly Sombra’s. Moving on to the second point, the chord progression was very samey-samey.” Everyone fell silent as they turned their sole focus on the enchantress with bemused expressions. “What!? Adagio might want to present herself as an evil mastermind, but that’s no excuse for lazy songwriting. Even if they are responsible for the time loop Sunset is trapped in.” There were a few groans but Rarity did have a few valid points.

Sunset sighed, “Regardless, we have a new mission,” she said as she turned from the others to look beyond the stage to the area the musicians were temporarily housed. “To get backstage.”

Before anyone could do anything, Princess Twilight stepped in front of everyone, her wings and arms out as if to block everyone. “Hold it!” She declared. “None of the backstage passes are valid until day two, even for us VIPs!” she added as she pointed to her badge.

If the intent was to discourage Sunset, Princess Twilight’s actions failed as the pyromancer looked beyond the demigod to see Zephyr. “The key is to get past him,” Sunset said before she got everyone to look beyond Princess Twilight as well. However instead Sunset had seemed to have forgotten that Fluttershy’s younger brother was taking his job seriously as he conjured a small gale. This gale sent Snips and Snails almost flying a few meters in order to bar them from getting backstage.

“We just wanted an autograph!” Snips bemoaned, as his plea fell on deaf ears. Zephyr remained unmoved as the two youths got back on their feet and headed elsewhere.

Fluttershy was the first to speak, “I’ve never seen Zephyr so professional.” The druid was actually impressed with her younger brother’s change in behavior. “It’s going to take some serious work to convince him to let us through.” she added giving the benefit of the doubt to her oft freeloading brother.

Rainbow snorted, “You’ve got to be kidding me.” Rainbow took off her hat and let loose her hair as she waved it to give it an alluring puff. “Your little brother has only one thing on his mind.”

“Ah thought ya’h hated his flirtations?” Applejack pointed out.

Rainbow took a breath and tried to not let her body convulse in repulsion, “Someone has to take one for the team.” she pointed out. “And it helped when we did that whole heist thing sibling challenged thing between Twilight…” she trailed off as she recalled SciTwi, “um the princess…” she added with a weak guilty teehee. “And Shining.” Rainbow turned away and did her best to doll herself up.

“Wait! Didn’t that plan fail?” Sunset asked.

The five remaining members of that heist paused in thought for a second, until Rarity answered, “Didn’t Spike sabotage that plan from the beginning by convincing Luna to recruit Zephyr in the first place?” the enchantress asked.

“Yeah...,” Twilight answered as she trailed off. “What are you getting at?”

Sunset’s mind worked the swiftest of the group, “RAINBOW DON’T!!!” she shouted as she tried to close the distance with the rest realizing too late.

“You know I can’t resist a man in uniform.” Rainbow said with a sultry voice as she batted bedroom eyes at Zephyr as she tapped his chest slightly.

“Miss Dash, while I appreciate the compliment. I am on the clock.” Zephyr said as he turned away. “My behavior from before was far from called for, in fact it was basically sexual harassment.” the normally flirtatious Zephyr confessed. “However, I can’t indulge in this.”

If Rainbow was shocked at the maturity that Zephyr was desperately attempting to maintain, she showed no signs as she batted her eyes and slightly shut them not dissimilar to a woman about to pull a man into her own room, before she pulled closer to Zephyr as if to whisper into his ear, “Looks like the boy has become a man, can you show me how much of one you have, my darling Breeze.”

Zephyr looked from Rainbow to her now arriving friends and scowled, as he saw what Rainbow was trying to do. Before anyone could say anything, Zephyr had slammed the door in their faces, their bands for easy access were cut and on the ground. Everyone save Pinkie and Sunset scowled at Rainbow. “Well, I guess we’re stuck.” Pinkie commented, trying to not berate Rainbow, but pointing out that their attempt failed.

Sunset shook her head with a smile, “Not for a time looper.” she almost laughed. Everyone turned to her. “You all won’t remember this, but today’s failure is tomorrow’s success.” the pyromancer declared as a triumphant grin formed with her lips.


Once more everything reset. After making it to catch the Dazzling’s performance. After Zephyr had put his foot down with Snips and Snails and the two had left. Sunset and Pinkie walked up to him. “Ms. Shimmers, Ms. Pie,” Zephyr greeted the two.

“I know our backstage passes don’t take effect until tomorrow, but I need to talk with Adagio and her sisters.” Sunset started. Zephyr lowered his uniform sun-glasses and looked at Sunset with a lot of doubt. “You saw those collars around their necks?” Sunset asked. Zephyr nodded.

“Those are parole collars, it means they are being permitted a break with regards to their sentence.” Zephyr nodded as he seemed to follow. “You see I want to reduce their sentences by telling them that I have forgiven them for what they have done specifically to me.” Zephyr turned his eyes to Pinkie. It was clear he was questioning why Pinkie was coming with her.

Pinkie pulled a suitcase out of her hair, on it was written ‘Pinkamena Diane Pie, Notary Public (Communia et Civilis et Criminalis)’. “Needs to be notarized.” Pinkie informed. Zephyr was about to speak but was silenced as Pinkie cleared her throat. “According to the Jubilee Act of King Bullion 2 Annio Bullion, Article 3 section 7 paragraph 40, “No attempt to offer forgiveness can be barred and no one’s employment can be terminated by allowing an offer of forgiveness to be made if by allowing the actions necessary for the offer to accrue would normally result in the termination of employment.” Pinkie said as she pulled out a copy of the act made by Bullion in question with the clause highlighted.

After looking it over, “You will go to back for me?” he asked.

“We’re required to, you’ll see that in--” Pinkie stated as she was about to point to a different clause of the law, before she was cut off.

“Yes.” Sunset simplified. Zephyr then looked around to make sure there was no one else watching. He then nodded and stepped to the side slightly. Sunset and Pinkie smiled and swiftly walked past him as if they had every right to be there. “Okay, we made it backstage, now to find…” Sunset started as she looked around the temporary housing for the musicians and crew when the duo heard the door open for one. Exiting from it were the trio they sought.

“That had to be our best show yet!” Sonata cheered, expressing jubilation over the success of their most recent performance.

Aria chuckled in agreement, “I gotta admit, the loop was a stroke of genius, Dagi.”

Adagio snickered, “Of course it was.” she said as she shut the door, “It was my idea.” before she closed the door to their housing, without locking it.

Sunset made a fist with her right hand and brought it down into her left, “I knew it! I bet they're hiding the Time Twirler somewhere in there.” Sunset and Pinkie waited for the trio to be out of sight. Sunset then opened the door, “Stand guard and let me know if you see someone.” Sunset pretty much told Pinkie before she shut the door.

“You got it!” Pinkie declared with a slight salute before she turned to watch out for the Dazzlings and anyone else. “No one's gonna get by me! No way, no how! Nuh-uh! Nope! Nah, nah-ah!” she compounded the negatives to emphasize her resolve.

After walking a few meters, Adagio suddenly stopped after she seemed to have recalled something. This caused her sisters to stop. “What is it Dagi?” Sonata asked. “My tacos are in the fridge.” she said as if she expected to be blamed for something.

Aria groaned, “You know sis, Dagi and I don’t always freeze to accuse you of anything.”

“Shut up, you two.” Adagio said as she turned around to see Pinkie not far from their temporary living area. The cotton candy haired jester was looking around as if she was a look out. However, Adagio also spied that Pinkie’s attention was divided. Adagio sighed, “We got company.”

Pinkie was desperately trying to focus. “Keepin' watch. That's what I—” she trailed off as a scent reached her nose. She took a deep nasal inhale, as her eyes shut automatically, so that she could better identify the scent. After taking a second, her eyes shot open. “The Whirling Constellation Music Festival exclusive star-crusted, cinnamon-dipped churros!” she barely managed to not shout as she spotted the stand where it was sold. She whimpered as she turned her gaze away. “Now's probably not the best time to go get one.” she said as she started to debate with herself. “On the other hand, if I get two, then Sunset could have them with me.” She paused as she looked away as she tried to restrain “No! I will not give in!” However Pinkie’s resolve was far from adamant as she whimpered at the site.

Inside the trio’s temporary housing, Sunset was about to tear the place apart but she needed to make as little as a mess as possible. She shut her eyes and took a few breaths before again using her pyromancy to locate the artifact. However after what felt like an hour, no results. Her eyes shot open. “What?!” she tried to not panic. “It’s not here?”. Just then the door opened.

“What the fuck are you doing here?” came Adagio’s voice. Sunset turned to see face the Dazzlings as they re-entered. Before Sunset could answer, “Look, Shimie, if you want an in person apology, you can call up Tempest and set up a meet up.” Adagio pointed with her left thumb over her shoulder to the door. Sunset groaned as she lamented internally that her judgement call from a handful of minutes before. She gave a weak laugh. However, due to the lack of response, Adagio also groaned. “Okay, I am sorry for all I did to you, okay. Accept it, don’t, I don’t care, I don’t have the patience for this.” Adagio said as she went to the kitchen in the mobile establishment, and opened a cupboard where she took out a bottle of rum and another one a three scotch glasses. “But maybe over a drink.” she said as she poured some of the rum into two and handed one to each of her sisters.

Sunset was perplexed that Adagio had not poured herself any rum. But given that she was technically trespassing, she wasn’t in a place to decline. She nodded and accepted the third glass Adagio made. She took a sip first. “Listen, I am willing to accept your apology if you hand over the Time Twirler and we can forget this whole thing.”

Aria and Sonata looked at each other in confusion then to Adagio then back to Sunset and back to each other. Adagio had finished making herself a cinderella and was unphased at the accusation. Adagio took a sip of her drink with a slight laugh, “The Time Twister?” she hummed amused. “That thing still exists?” she mused in question. She gave a small laugh as she reached out her right hand, “I know you can use your pyromancy to see through deceit.” Sunset was reluctant about accepting Adagio’s hand. Seeing the hesitation, “Or you could cast a zone of truth spell.”

“Zono Vero.” Sunset said as her focus gem glowed as the spell was cast.

Adagio took another sip of her cinderella, “We don’t have it and even if we did, I wouldn’t let either of these two use it.” She took another sip of her drink, “Well not until after the Fall Equinox.” she added in what seemed to be a deliberate attempt to make Sunset ask a follow up question. Aria and Sonata both froze at the statement.

Sunset took a sip of the rum as she thought about what Adagio just said and why would she say the last bit, “What’s so important about the Fall Equinox that you wouldn’t allow Sonata or Aria to use the Time Twister if you knew they had it?” Sunset elected to ask, she was certain that she had taken the bait for a trap. However, she could tell Adagio had something she wanted to say, but she wasn’t stupid enough to just blurt it.

Adagio placed her drink aside as she smiled, “Do you know why there’s this Whirling Constellation Music Festival every fifty years in the week leading up to the Summer Solstice?”

Sunset internally groaned. It wasn’t that she was terrible with history. No, it was because she had pretty much affirmed that Adagio was the one that would be controlling the conversation. “Pretty much King Bullion set it up as a massive circus so that should the populace not have enough bread at any point in that fifty years the people wouldn’t revolt.” This surprised Adagio, Aria and Sonata, “Twilight’s the one of Celestia’s most recent students that needs the history lesson.” Sunset added, far from amused of the situation. “So we got the whole jubilee thing, so about the Fall Equi…” Sunset trailed off as she recalled something, “The Day of Absolution…” she realized.

Adagio nodded, “And since we have these,” she slipped her right thumb under the parole collar on her neck, “A single toe off the straight and narrow and…” she trailed off as she allowed Sunset to make the inference herself as she removed her thumb. “Well, a smart girl like you can connect the dots.” she said before she picked up her cinderella and took another sip.

Sunset took a sip of her rum, “So about that time loop thing in your song, you know ‘every day is the same’?” she asked.

“You send six days a week since last winter solstice working on the Pie Rock Farm with Limestone overseeing you.” Aria declared as she spoke into her glass before taking another sip of her rum. “Now that’s being stuck on repeat.”

“Which inspired the song. Also singing does help set and keep a work pace.” Sonata added after she took another sip of her rum.

Sunset couldn’t but look at her rum for a second before she could speak, “Oh and if you’re wondering if we would redo a day, The Time Twister only repeats the day before it was used, we’d have to go back in time farther than that,” Adagio seemed to cut Sunset off before she could ask, “Besides we made our choices and we’re paying the price and we’re already been given a do-over as it were, with every new day.” She then finished her drink. “It’s called living life, I’d suggest you try it some…” Adagio stopped as she realized, “Oh, that’s why you asked about the Time Twister.” she started to prod, “you were within a decameter of whoever has it and you had a desire to repeat this day.”

“Sucks to be you, we don’t need to get pastured to forget all.” Aria snickered. Sunset could only growl in response. “Are you mad?” she asked mockingly.

“Aria, I thought we were trying to turn a new leaf.” Sonata pointed out her sister’s behavior and that it was not conducive for her own turn around.

“Sonata, if you haven’t noticed, I am taking this slow and steady.” Aria took another slip, “And who said you can’t enjoy these turns of events.”

Sunset could not but help but almost roar at trio, "You think working under Limestone is bad! You’re free of her at least once a week!” She continued. “I’m stuck with her sister every single day!” She compounded with her anger boiling near the surface. “I can't tell you how sick I am of her sister ruining everything by running off to get churros of all things! Churros! Fricking Churros!” She continued to shout, not noticing that Pinkie was back and in the doorway. “I hate churros!” She finished venting, letting out what she truly blamed for her predicament.

There was a moment of silence as everyone heard the creak of the door. They turned to see Pinkie standing there. “Oh. I, uh... just wanted to say the Dazzlings are back,” she started to say informing Sunset as she was asked and ordered to. As it was clear that what was said was not needed. “But I see you see they see you seeing them, and you've seen me too, so, um... see ya.” she said before she left running away in tears.

Sunset rushed out and tried to call out, but her voice died in her throat. She knew there was nothing that she could say. She, in her anger she was, well, sincere about how she felt. She gave a sorrowful and guiltridded sigh as she looked to the ground in defeat. “If the day's always the same,” came Adagio’s voice. Sunset turned to see the eldest of the sisters in the doorway ready to shut the door. “maybe you're the one who needs to change.” she finished and slammed the door shut.

Sunset couldn’t delve too much on the words, but she couldn’t forget them. However she needed to catch up with Pinkie. After taking a second to think she conjured a ring of fire to use as a teleportation ring. After going through it she was standing next to a weeping Pinkie. “Pinkie, I’m sor…” she started.

“Did you convince the Dazzlings to break the time loop?” she asked in a whimper, in a poorly veiled attempt to act like nothing was wrong.

Sunset’s own heart ached with shame and guilt, “It wasn't them.” she informed Pinkie.

“Well there’s always tomorrow.” Pinkie said weakly before she left sobbing. “Maybe it will be a good day. You deserve it, Sunset.” she finished calling back.

Sunset’s own soul now spasmed in repulsion for her actions. “So do you, Pinkie Pie.” she said acknowledging it.

Author's Note:

Song used: Find the Magic