• Published 6th Mar 2019
  • 1,588 Views, 22 Comments

The Seven Riders of Equestria - Failsafe99



What if Galbatorix was only the beginning.What if an evil more powerful than Galbatorix came to power. What if, Eragon didn't find out about this evil, till it was to late to stop it. What if, instead of finding the geodes, 7 eggs were found instead.

  • ...
 22
 1,588

Riding to Everfree

It was early morning in the city of Ponyville, around 6 a.m.. A large group of kids where standing out front of Canterlot High school, with a large pile of bags sitting off to the side. Principal Celestia was in the group, along with Vice-Principal Luna, and Mr. Had, who was currently talking with a small group of students, seven in total, about the history lesson the day before. Principal Celestia turned from her sister checking her watch, before turning to get the students attention.

"Students, if I could please have your attention please. I know we all don't like being here this early, and I thank you for getting up to do so. The bus will be here in thirty minutes, so I ask that you check and see if you have brought you identification papers. We really don't need any body to...not, be able to go to Camp Everfree, because of some missing papers. So please check before the bus gets here, and we wont have any problems."

Everyone at her request, checked their pockets to make sure they had the correct papers. Ever since Tirek had arrived, he had made everyone have to get identification if they wanted to go anywhere, especially out of their designated towns, or to another town or city. His soldiers, people who would kill given the slightest provocation, like missing papers. Only one person was missing their papers, and Celestia said to quickly go home and grab them, before the bus came. The kid made it back, pulling in right behind the bus. As he got out of his car and ran over, Sunset gave him a light elbow to the ribs.

"Flash Sentry, you are very lucky you got reminded to check for your papers." Sunset said with a light chuckle, grabbing her bag and taking it to the bus to load. flash just shrugged and picked up his bag, also going to load it on the bus. After that every thing went quite quickly. Everybody loaded their bags, got on, and the bus announcements were made. After that, they where on the road. After Twenty minutes, they reached the checkpoint, and everyone nervously shuffled off the bus. This was it, the moment of truth, would someone not pass the checkpoint, or would everyone get out ok. Further down the checkpoint, someone cried out.

"NONONONONO, I HAD THEM. I DID. PLEASE NO, NONONO!!" the person cried out struggling as he pleaded with the soldiers of Tirek. They just kicked him, before a shot rang out, and the mans cries were cut off. None of the students needed to turn around to know what had happened. If you didn't have your papers, you where killed. End of story. You could still go to prison, but most of the crimes now where solved by killing the accused.

After about an hour, the kids were finally allowed back onto the bus, and were waved on through the checkpoint. The ride from then on was somber, as everyone was remembering the person who was executed. That is, until Mr. Had started to sing a small song,

We'll be lost by time or be part of history,and he sang verse after verse till the end. After that, he started again, and soon students were joining in. Eventually, the bus was filled with the singing students, and everyone's mood had lifted, thoughts of the man far behind them. Principal Celestia leaned over to Mr. Had and whispered "Thank you, they needed that."

"It was no problem, and I don't like when people are not at least feeling happy." He whispers back. Celestia thanks him again before sitting back in her seat, enjoying the song coming from her students. The bus ride from then on is much more jovial and happy. Seven girls sitting near the rear of the bus are talking to each other. One of them, Twilight Sparkle, has her pet dog Spike in her lap, petting him as she leans against the window, staring at the country side as it rolls past. It is still very beautiful, despite Tirek coming through the portal from a land he calls "Equestria." The world has now known about Equestria for the last 250 years, and not once has any help come from the other side of the portal. This is said to be because Tirek had already taken over back in his home world. Nobody really knew for certain, and nobody dared to ask, lest they piss him off.

Sunset Shimmer is talking to the rest of her friends, known by the rest of the school as the Main 7, about what had happened yesterday in history. "Hey, did any of you notice that time was slower in history class yesterday," she asked Rarity, Applejack, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, who had been with her.

"No, but time did seem to go a lot slower than it usually does in school. Though that was probably because of that riveting tale that Mr. Had told us." Rarity said, thinking back on yesterday.

"Yeah, that was weird. It felt like forever that he was talking, but the bell didn't ring. Though, if you didn't notice, I had been sitting still for the entire story." Rainbow say, putting in her two cents on the class yesterday.

"Yea, I did notice that RD. You usually are never still. Was the story all that great in your opinion, cause ah'm jus wonderin how much is true." retorts Applejack to the rest of the girls.

"Well, to answer Sunsets question, I did feel some weird things going on in the school yesterday. But sadly, I am not at liberty to say. Being a fourth wall breaker, I have a limit on what I can tell others." Pinkie speaks up. "However author, we do need to get to camp, so let's say it plays out just like the beginning of the movie till we get to camp."

All the other girls just wonder what Pinkie means by that, but eventually just agree that Pinkie is Pinkie, and the ride to Camp Everfree is as it is in the movie.