• Published 25th May 2018
  • 738 Views, 34 Comments

Power Rangers Noble Force! - Sunblast X



When a new evil arises and the main 7 have gone, only one team can stop it: the Power Rangers Noble Force!

  • ...
 34
 738

A Noble Beginning Part 2

"This is unbelievable…" Sunburst paced back and forth in his lab. "Nothing happens when our first choice wears the gem, but then Sweetie Belle comes along, and it starts glowing?"

"Maybe the glowing is a sign that she's one of the people that should protect them." Starlight suggested.

"Maybe… I mean, it's not a bad theory," Sunburst shrugged. "If it holds up then we just need to find four more people."

"Um, excuse me?" Sweetie Belle spoke up, "Can someone tell me what this is all about?" she asked with a confused look.

Sunburst looked towards Starlight, who responded with a silent nod.

"You see, Sweetie Belle, the Earth's in danger… again…" Sunburst began.

"We received a warning that some evil space pirate is coming to Earth in search for the spirit gems, like the one embedded in your bracelet…" Starlight continued.

"And, like it or not, you and four others will be tasked with protecting the spirit gems, as well as the planet itself." Sunburst concluded.

"If the world's in danger, then why don't you get my sister and her friends to protect the gems?" Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah, we would, but they're already on their way to college." Starlight told her.

"That, and we've already tried with them and it didn't exactly work out." Sunburst added, rubbing the back of his head.

"Well, that's not good," Sweetie Belle said. "So, what do want me to do now?"

"Go home for now. Come back tomorrow and we'll test out the power of your gem." Sunburst told the teenage girl.

"And not a word of this to anyone, understand?" Starlight added.

Sweetie Belle nodded in agreement and made her way out of the lab.

"Well, one ranger down, four to go…" Sunburst thought as they young teen exited out of sight.


The following afternoon, Sunburst and Starlight were having cupcakes at Sugarcube Corner. They could've used a little treat after the failure that they had throughout the day, having not been able to find any other people to wield any of the four other morphers.

"Well, this sucks." Starlight said as she bit into her cupcake.

"You're telling me. Daegon could be on his way here any minute and we only have one ranger." Sunburst added, biting into his treat as well.

"One ranger…" Starlight trailed of. That's when an idea came to her, "That's it!"

"What's it?" Sunburst looked at her with confusion.

"I'll explain on the way. C'mon!" Starlight stood up, finishing off the rest of her treat.

Sunburst followed her lead, slinging his backpack over his back. The duo made their way out of the dessert shop… but not before accidentally bumping into Sweetie Belle's friend, Scootaloo, causing Sunburst to drop his bag, papers flying out.

"Oh, sorry about that, guys." Scootaloo said, helping them pick up the papers that had fallen out.

"It's ok, Scootaloo. No harm done." Sunburst replied, putting said paper back into his backpack in a hurry.

Making sure to close the backpack, Sunburst ran out with Starlight. Scootaloo was about to make her way to the counter to make her order, until she caught sight of something on the ground. A small, silver case that was open. She figured that it must've fallen out of Sunburst's bag when they bumped into each other. She also saw that something inside the case, three silver bracelets with a different colored gem embedded into each one. Four, because the last one had fallen out of the case, the one with the yellow gem in it.

Taking the bracelet in her hands, she thought it looked kind of cool. Scootaloo slipped the bracelet on to her wrist and in that moment, it began to glow with a faint light.

"Ok, that was cool!" Scootaloo said with an interested smile, "Hmm… I guess I should probably hold on to these until I see Sunburst again. I'm sure he'd appreciate it." she assumed as she closed the case and held it under her arm, proceeding to the counter to order herself a treat.


At rec center's gymnasium, three boys, Pip, Tender Taps and Rumble were exercising to stay in shape for gym class. Tender Taps was already in shape since being a dancer required a lot of stamina. Pip, despite his somewhat slender physic, was also in good shape. And Rumble was good shape since he could keep up with Scootaloo in gym class. Basically, they were just training to keep up their grades. Speaking of Scootaloo…

"Alright, boys, five-minute water break." Scootaloo told them, holding water bottles in her arms.

Scootaloo agreed to join them since they knew each of them in some way or another. She knew Pip since she, Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle had been acquainted with him since last year. She knew Tender Taps since he was a friend of Apple Bloom's. And she was good friends with Rumble since his brother knew Rainbow Dash and herself being a fan of the rainbow haired athlete. So, out of the three boys, she knew Rumble the best.

"Why aren't you training, mate?" Pip asked, taking a sip of water.

"Don't need to, I'm already pretty much an athlete." Scootaloo replied, walking around.

"It's almost like Rainbow Dash never left." Rumble muttered to the others making a side comment, causing the others to chuckle.

Taking a sip of water, Rumble couldn't help but notice Scootaloo fiddling with something on her wrist. See as this could be a way to increase their breaktime, Rumble gestured for the others to follow his lead.

"What do you have there, Scoots?" Rumble asked.

"A metal bracelet with a weird looking gem inside it," Scootaloo replied, looking at the item with raised eyebrow. "It's not mine though, it belongs to Sunburst. There's three others in this case here." she held up the case that carried the other gems.

"Can we see?" Tender Taps asked with an interested tone.

There was a short pause as Scootaloo thought about request. The young girl shrugged and obliged by opening the case. Though she vowed to intensify their work once their break was over. Rumble took the bracelet with the black gem, Tender took the one with the blue gem, and Pip took the one with the red gem.

"Wow, these actually look pretty cool." Pip commented, examining the gem embedded item.

"The weird thing is, when I put it on, the gem started glowing." Scootaloo told them.

The boys looked at their respective gems before slipping the bracelets onto their wrists. To their surprise, their gems began to glow as well. Pip's glowed red, Tender's glowed blue, and Rumble's glowed dark purple (purple often being of the colors used when the color black glows). Their eyes widened in surprise.

"Like that?" Rumble inquired.

"Yep." Scootaloo said with some surprise.


In space, Daegon's ship had entered the solar system.

"Lord Daegon, we're nearing our destination. Planet Earth." one of the crew members said to the captain of the ship.

"Excellent. I don't know how that fool, Kai managed to hide the spirit gems in such a short amount of time, but they won't be on this planet for very long," Daegon said, "Vealer…" he looked at an alien minotaur.

"Sir?" Vealer spoke up.

"Take this…" Daegon tossed him a computerized bracer, "use it to find the gems. If anybody gets in your way, destroy them!" he said, clenching his fist.

"As you wish, Lord Daegon." the minotaur gave a quick bow. Vealer then pressed a button on the bracer and vanished in a beam of light.


"I can't believe you lost the case, Sunburst. The case with the othermorphers!" Starlight shot Sunburst a look of disappointment.

"Yeah, don't remind me." Sunburst replied with a deadpanned expression.

"Well, looks like we're doomed for sure." Spike spoke up, resting in Sweetie Belle's lap, who had arrived not too long ago.

"Shut up, Spike!" Sunburst and Starlight yelled in unison, glaring at the purple dog.

"Where was the last place you had the morphers, Sunburst?" Sweetie Belle asked, kicking her legs back and forth as she sat on the couch.

"Starlight and I were at Sugarcube Corner, eating cupcakes—"

"Aww, you two were on a cupcake date?" Sweetie Belle asked innocently, cutting Sunburst of midsentence and causing the young man and his friend's faces to turn red.

"Anyway…" Sunburst began, avoiding the question. "We got up and were about to leave, when we bumped into you friend Scootaloo. That caused me to drop my backpack and case with the morphers must've fallen out."

"We were in such a rush that we must not have even noticed." Starlight added with a shrug.

"Luckily, I placed tracking devices in the morphers. All I have to do is turn them on and—"

"Or I could just text Scoots to see if she's seen it." Sweetie Belle interrupted, taking out her phone.

"That works too." Sunburst replied. Sweetie Belle went into her contacts and began texting her tomboy friend.

Sweetie Belle:Hey Scoots, it's Sweetie Belle. Sunburst said he bumped into you earlier and he dropped something. You wouldn't have happened to pick it up, would you?

Scootaloo:Actually, yeah, he dropped a case. It opened, and it had these silver bracelets with these cool looking gems in them.

"Alright, Scootaloo has the case… but she saw the morphers." Sweetie Belle told them.

"These could either be good or bad. Well, at least they didn't fall into the wrong hands." Sunburst said.

Scootaloo:I'm here with Rumble, Pip and Tender Taps, too. We tried them on to see how'd they look on us, and then the gems started glowing. Isn't that weird?

"Ok, Sunburst, this is definitely a good thing. The gem glowed when she put it on." Sweetie Belle said.

"I guess that means she's a ranger then." Starlight commented.

"And some of three of our other friends, Pip, Tender Taps and Rumble tried the other morphers on and those gems glowed, too." Sweetie Belle added.

"Did they? So, if we count these four and you, then we now have the people we need to protect the spirit gems… and become power rangers," Sunburst added. "Tell her to bring the boys and meet us at the school."

Sweetie Belle:Hey, can you get the boys and meet me at the school?

Scootaloo:Sure, what's the occasion?

Sweetie Belle:I'll tell you when you get here.

Scootaloo:Alright, we'll be on our way.

"Alright, we're going to meet them at the high school." Sweetie Belle told them, shoving her phone back into her pocket.

"Good, now we can get down to business." Sunburst said with a determined smile.


"So, what's up, Sweetie Belle?" Scootaloo asked, she and the boys standing in the soccer field at school.

"Yeah, why'd you want to see all four of us?" Rumble spoke up, shrugging.

"Well, you recall me asking you about the bracelets you guys found, right?" Sweetie Belle inquired, Starlight and Sunburst standing behind her.

"Yeah?" Scootaloo raised an eyebrow.

"And you told me that gems embedded in them started to glow?" Sweetie Belle asked knowingly.

"What's this about?" Scootaloo looked at her friend questionably.

Sweetie Belle looked over her shoulder at Starlight and Sunburst, who both nodded. The girl then raised her arm, revealing the pink spirit gem to the others. The four of them looked on in disbelief.

"I suppose we should explain…" Starlight began.

"Yeah, like why these gems glowed when we put these bracelets on." Rumble said, raising his arm to show his gem.

"Our theory is that the glowing is each of your gems responding to having chosen you to keep them out of the hands of evil." Starlight told them.

"Another evil threat from Equestria?" Scootaloo asked.

"Not this time. This time the threat is from space," Sunburst began. "We received a message from a space bear named Kai, saying that a space pirate called Daegon is coming here in search of the spirit gems."

"You mean the gems embedded in these bracelets?" Pip asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yes. And they aren't really bracelets, they're morphers." Sunburst informed them.

"We'll use them to become power rangers." Sweetie Belle added.

"So, like superheroes?" Pip asked with an excited grin.

"More or less." Starlight replied with a shrug.

"From this point on, you five are now the protectors of the galaxy, as well as the spirit gems," Sunburst told them. "From this day forth, you shall be known as the Power Rangers Noble Force!"

Author's Note:

And there's part 2. Wait for the final part, part 3 of the "A Noble Beginning" opening arc where you'll see the rangers morph, the team's theme and their zords and megazord.

Remember to Read, Review and Favorite/Follow.