• Published 7th Aug 2017
  • 565 Views, 2 Comments

The Coming Of Stellas Spatium - Harratot33



The Mane Six and The Cutie Mark Crusaders must join forces to battle Stellas Spatium, Celestia and Luna's evil brother who has returned after one thousand years to exact revenge on the pair.

  • ...
 2
 565

Chapter 5 - Preparations for Invasion

"What are you making?" Spike asked Rarity, who was as hard-at-work at her sewing machine as anypony would expect. The minute, but noble dragon had come to visit his favourite member of The Mane Six after Twilight said she would not be requiring his assistance in defending the Crystal Empire from invasion.

"I am not necessarily making a particular item of clothing, Spikey-poo!" said Rarity. "In order to utterly master any skill, one must simply practise day in, day out. There is simply no use just putting the skill into play when there's a reason."

"That's some neat philosophy right there!" Spike was impressed. Actually, he was impressed with anything and everything when it was associated with the most beautiful unicorn he had ever seen in his life. But he did not want to seem passive. You gotta sound smart and do some deep-thinking, too, Spike, if you wanna impress Rarity. "But...err...how can you be sewing at a time like this?" Rarity stopped.

"That's just it, Spike!" She sounded sad now. "Dress-making is like...a...form of escapism for me."

"Huh?"

Rarity sighed. "I mean...it...you know, takes my mind off things." A tear was forming in her eye.

"Aw, come on." Spike placed a claw on her flank. "It always works out for the good guys." Rarity enveloped Spike in a tight hug (very uncomfortable given the difference in size, but Spike could not care less!).

"That remains to be seen," she said quietly, weeping now.

"I promise everything will be okay," Spike assured her.

"Don't make promises you can't keep."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Princess Luna and her sister knocked on the door to the office of Ponyville's Mayor Mare.

"Uh!" she shouted. "I gave strict instructions that I was not to be..." The door flung open, revealing the pair. "...disturbed." There was an awkward pause. "But...of course, as in any job, one must make excep..."

"We are here on probably the most official and serious royal business we've ever been on." said Celestia sternly.

"There will be no time to argue with what we're about to request of you," said Luna.

"Well..." Mayor Mare did not know whether to feel honoured or confused. "What do you w--"

"We need every citizen in Ponyville with the exception of Princess Twilight's friends to be evacuated to the surrounding cities."

"Trottingham, Manehattan, Maretropolis..." Celestia listed. "Just please do not send any to the Crystal Empire, we may need that spot to defend Equestria from..."

"From what?"

"There's no time to explain!" Luna cried. "Now, please do as we say, Mayor. That's a royal order!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"THIS OFFICIAL CUTIE MARK CRUSADER MEETING IS NOW IN SESSION!" Apple Bloom yelled unnecessarily shrilly. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo plugged their ears for a fraction of a second, and then relaxed.

"What's it about this time?" the former asked.

"WELL...well, I figured it was about time we found another pony in a Cutie Mark crisis to help."

"I thought that too!" Sweetie Belle exclaimed.

"But how are we...?" Scootaloo started. But she did not finish. For without any warning whatsoever, the trio noticed a number of wagons, full to bursting with ponies of all sizes and shapes, entering Sweet Apple Acres. Seconds later, there was a knock on the door. Apple Bloom, following an exchanged look of confusion with her fellow crusaders, trotted to the other side of the treehouse and opened it. It was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders!" For an instant, Apple Bloom thought she had reverted her personality back to selfish and spoiled. However, her gut proved wrong when Diamond Tiara, evidently distressed, cried:

"You all have to get on a cart! They're evacuating everypony in town to one of the surround cities."

"What in tarnation...?" Apple Bloom started.

"Heck if I know! Hurry everypony! Big McIntosh and Granny Smith have already left, Apple Bloom."

"Well, what about my big sister?"

"Haven't seen her. HURRY!" With that, Diamond Tiara and her best friend scampered out and into one of the carts. Sweetie Belle peered out of the window and surveyed the carts.

"I can't see my sister...or any of Twilight's friends for that matter in any of the carts. You don't suppose this has anything to do with what Rainbow Dash was chattering with Spitfire about?"

"I do!" Scootaloo stood up, attempting to be noble. And it worked. Her two friends instantly knew what to do.

"We ain't getting on board one of those there things," said Apple Bloom. "You said it yourself, Scoot, we're never involved with any of the big battles."

"I have a feeling these orders have come from the four Princesses themselves, though," said Sweetie Belle. "Usually, when we disobey any sort of rules or instructions, it doesn't end well for anypony."

"I have a feeling!" Scootaloo stood nobly yet again. "This time...it's for a worthwhile cause, and things are gonna turn out differently...for everypony!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twilight Sparkle, Princess Cadance and her husband Shining Armour stood nervously in a line atop the main balcony of the Crystal Castle.

"Are you ready?" Cadance asked her significant other.

"I'm ready when you and Twily are."

"Well then," said Twilight. "Shall we?" The trio bent down slightly, strained as though they were trying in vain to push an unusually heavy object, and generated a strawberry-red bolt of unicorn magic from their horns. It looked gorgeous! Nevertheless, the three were not performing such a task to make the Crystal Empire even more alluring than it already was; their agenda was generating a colossal shield to (hopefully!) prevent interference from Spatium. When they had achieved that agenda, they panted, and eventually relaxed.

"That should be enough to protect our citizens, and more importantly my daughter," Cadance said anxiously.

"I know the two princesses want me to aid you two in battling Spatium when he comes," said Shining Armour. "But I think it's best I stay here with Flurry Heart. She's nowhere near old enough to take care of herself—even with her power—she's just too..."

"We understand," said Twilight. Cadance nodded. "Go to her." Shining Armour hugged his wife, and then Twilight.

"I love you both."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------