• Published 17th Jan 2016
  • 360 Views, 4 Comments

Sunset Shimmer's Rise - nerdyGAMERgrl



Sunset Shimmer's backstory in the pony world.

  • ...
2
 4
 360

First Test

Sunset smiled in front of the judges, excited to show them her magic. One judge pulled out her notepad, "Okay Sunset Shimmer, start when you're ready." she said, smiling. Sunset nodded, focusing all of her magical ability onto an apple on the table, the blue aura began to glow around it as it lifted up and grew. Only, it wouldn't stop growing. It grew and grew and grew, until it burst through the ceiling.

Sunset blushed, embarrassed. Shrinking the apple back down to size and fixing up the ceiling with her magic. The judges nodded in approval, smiling and writing onto their notepads. "Thank you Sunset, we'll let you know once Princess Celestia accepts or not via mail." Said a judge, taking a sip of tea.

"Okay, thank you!" Sunset said, smiling and exiting with her parents.

"Great job Sunny!" her mother said, hugging her.

Sunset smirked confidently, "Thanks mom, you think I'll get accepted?"

"Of course!" Her mother and father said at the same time, laughing afterward.

----

The letter came in two weeks later:

To the Parents of Sunset Shimmer,
Congratulations! Sunset Shimmer has now been officially approved by Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns by the princess herself. She has shown exceptional skill in the arts of magic, and she'd love to see her on Wednesday. Please contact Princess Celestia via mail if your filly cannot make it to the first class day.

We are going to be learning about how to improve simple spells for the first unit for Sunset Shimmer. Her other students shall be seen on the back of this letter if you want to see who will be in her classroom this year, you will also receive reports on how your filly is doing behavior-wise and magical-wise. We hope you understand these terms and conditions.

See you soon!

-Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns

"Gifted unicorns?" said her older sister, "What, are you gonna start talking like a total brainiac now?"

"No way, Amethyst!" Sunset Shimmer said, chuckling a little, "Well, maybe a little bit."

"Well, I hope you have a nice time." Amethyst said, scratching her head.

"I hope so too."

They smiled at each other. Finally, two days later, Sunset went to school, she walked toward the bus and looked out the window to see her family waving to her, grinning. Sunset smiled.

"Hey there!" a voice said next to her.

She looked up to see a pony with a blue coat and a white mane and tail, "My name is Trixie, nice to meet you." she said, sitting down next to her.

"What's your name?"

"Sunset Shimmer." she said, twirling her hair shyly.

"Nice name, you excited?" Trixie said, putting on a purple wizard hat with white stars on it.

"Totally." Sunset said, smiling at Trixie.

Trixie sat down, "So, Sunset, what do you want to learn with Celestia?" she asked, smiling.

Sunset pondered this, she hadn't thought about that yet at all! She looked at Trixie, "I'm not actually sure." she said, shrugging, "I just want to be the best unicorn there ever was and maybe rule Equestria."

"Really? Same!" she said, smiling, "I kinda want to learn how to do an age spell."

"Nice!"

They continued talking until they finally got to school, they got off the bus, still chatting. Until the bell rang, signalling that it was time for class. After their goodbyes, Sunset turned towards the door, coming into the large school. Once she saw what was in there, her mouth dropped open in shock. It was a beautiful school, the walls were made out of crystal, and there were multiple pictures of famous unicorns. One was of Star Swirl the Bearded, looking elegant as ever.

As she looked around, she noticed classroom A-3. "There's my class!" she said excitedly, rushing in. Once she walked in, she saw a bunch of other fillies and foals. Trixie was there too, she waved, smiling. Sunset sat down in a desk in the front of the class, Princess Celestia walked in, ringing a small bell on her desk.

"Hello, everyone. Welcome to my school for gifted unicorns like yourselves, I hope you have a fantastic year and grow as a unicorn." she said, smirking, "Now, let's talk about what to do and where to go." she said, teleporting a map on everyone's desk.

After a half an hour of learning the basics, the bell rang. "Okay, class. I hope you have fun picking your dorm partners. See you after you unpack!" Celestia said.

Sunset walked towards the large staircase, walking upwards, she saw Trixie. She trotted up to her, smiling, "Hey, Trixie, want to be my dorm partner?" she asked, smiling.

Trixie smiled, "Of course!"

So, they chatted about what they were going to learn as they walked to where the rest of the students were. "Alright, alright! Listen up, Twilight Sparkle and her partner go into D-1, Dusk Star and her partner in D-2, Sunset Shimmer and her partner in D-3..." said a stallion, holding up a list.

"C'mon, Sunny! In here!" Trixie said, smiling.

Sunset smiled, "Coming, Trixie!" she shouted, speeding towards the dorm room.

Her smile widened, this was going to be a great year.