• Published 17th Dec 2015
  • 437 Views, 4 Comments

My Little Pony: Tales from Equestria County - The Narrator ME



A collection of documents and stories collected from the world of Equestria girls

  • ...
 4
 437

Bonnie "Bon Bon" Cream

Author's Note:

Dear Reader,
While I was at Canterlot High, I noticed that Bonnie was writing on the school computer. Ms. Cheerilee had stepped out for a minute, so decided to see what she was up to. Bonnie was so absorbed in her work, she didn't even realize I was standing behind her! I copied down what saw as quickly as I could and hurried away before she could see me. I'll have to be more careful around the residents of Canterlot. It seems I'm not the only one investigating around here.
ME

10/01/15
To: CirqueDeesweet@MEPS.XXX
From: bonbonpompom@hotmare.net
Subject: Classified Report #37

My apologies for the late correspondence. Recent events beyond my control have delayed my latest report. Namely Mrs. Cream, my foster mother, banning me from technology for the month for reasons I’d prefer not to discuss. As you can see, I’ve also been forced into sending this message via public e-mail instead of the agency’s private one due to having my personal computer confiscated(I’m using the school library’s). Rest assured, I do not intend for this to happen again. I understand how vital my information is and am ready to receive any punishment fitting my actions. However, I believe you’ll find this report quite worthy of the delay.

As I’m positive you’ve read my report of the recent “Friendship Games” I will not waste time repeating myself. I wish to simply emphasize this point. These girls, known collectively around Canterlot High as the “Mane six”, are beginning to experiment with their newfound magical abilities. Though I hate to inform you, Director Starswirl was wrong in his assumption that the girl’s powers would “wear off”. My investigations actually lead me to believe that the theory of Doctor Turner might be more correct then we first realized. His documents should be in the archives if you have the time, but the core idea is this. Because of the similarities between individuals in our world as compared to the Equestrian, whom are known as “Doppelgangers”, magic leaks between the two worlds are drawn to these people and fuse to the person’s DNA. This causes the imbalance of energy created by the leaks to straighten out because the Doppelgangers are now at equal power, therefore balancing out the two worlds. Similarly, the imbalance caused by Sunset Shimmer’s use of the E.O.H-Magic forced herself and the other girls to be infused with magical powers whose extent I’m still unsure of. Further proof of this theory can be found within the most infamous case of magic interference from Equestria, Mithias Discord. I don’t believe I’ll need to explain what I mean by him.

Also, to confirm your inquiry, the “Mane six” have indeed taken Twilight Sparkle into their fold. Sadly, our attempts to subtly keep her distanced from these girls with our free application to the Everton Independent Study Program were foiled by the influence of Mrs. Cinch. Yet strangely enough, Twilight Sparkles’ encounter with the Equine Twilight has not caused any disturbances, even though both Twilight’s are infused with Equestrian magic. Our expectation that the energy between the two would cause an overload of power has thankfully been proven false. My only thought as to how this could have happened would be that because of the more stable portal, which I’ve yet to test myself, the energy can be equally balanced by the two Twilights. However, this is only a theory.

While our knowledge about these Equestrian leaks has increased over the passed few months, I’ve begun to worry. Sunset Shimmer is looking even deeper into the magical properties that have appeared in this world, now with the help of Twilight Sparkles. If they somehow discovered anything about me or the society, I’m unsure of what could come of it. You’ve assured me that the remains of Twilight’s device are secured and being tested, but I feel that that was only the tip of the iceberg. The search for the sirens has been unfruitful; more mysterious occurrences have been reported all over the city and the “Mane Six” don’t even seem to realize how powerful they’ve become. Canterlot has been very accepting of them, but what if news reaches the rest of the world? What if other beings come through the portal? What if we’re not ready for them?

I implore you to rethink my request to send reinforcements. I find the need for another set of eye and ears in Canterlot is becoming more necessary by the day. Also, as a private request from one friend to another, please speak to Director Starswirl about my concerns. He might be more willing to listen to a high rank official like yourself and his reluctance to directly confront these issues might lead to even greater danger in the future. Magic is a part of our world now, Cirque; we can no longer pretend it isn’t.

Agent Sweetie Drops.
Field agent, Third Rank
Magical Exploration and Protection Society