Vinyl Scratch/Octavia 1,523 members · 643 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20

I do, because I wrote it! Well, co-authored, but details. Anywho, long story short, my co-author hit a bit of a low and decided to distance himself from the fandom, taking the story down with him. Well, after some prodding, I got the Okay! to re-upload it. I was just gonna put it up as it was, but decided to both edit and do a bit of a rewrite, as I feel like there was a lot that I wanted to do with the original and never got too.

Long story short: I need your help. Needless to say, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me with the re-write. Editors, Pre-readers, or just general fans that would like to help out. Figured I could use some help in my endeavor. Please let me know in a PM or a comment if you are interested. You don't need any editing experience (but it would help) just the wanting to lend a hand.

Hope some of you are interested!

Message me to get a link to the story.

What was the plot of the original story?

It was about Octavia being a ghost, mainly.

I can help! Didn't get a chance to read it before it was taken down, but I'd love to help get t back on its' feet.

Original Description: It was just a myth, a superstition, an old urban legend that drifted around Downtown Canterlot for almost a century. It was merely nothing more than an old mare's tale to scare the foals or a simple story that stallions would tell at a bar.

"Stay away from the Melody Grand Theatre," they'd say. "It's haunted!"

Vinyl Scratch was never really interested in such tales because, well, that's what stories are: just stories. But, one night changed everything for her. As she weaved through the rubble inside of the Melody Grand Theatre, Vinyl would soon find out that there is always some truth to each myth.

A truth that roamed the hallowed walls.

I got the Okay! to re-upload it.

(Go to ~55 seconds in)

HELL THE FUCK YES.

Part of it might've had to do with, at the time I read it, I really couldn't for my life tell good fanfiction apart from the loads of trash, but FUCK that was probably my favorite Romance, (although I still haven't gotten around to reading University Days, so, take that with a grain of salt). And hopefully this time you don't include that god-awful epilogue, (if you don't mind me calling it that, but honestly, I read it and was like 'wtf? We know all this stuff. Nothing's new OK HI THERE CELESTIA WHERE THE FUCK DID YOU COME FROM ")

You don't need any editing experience

Well I might be able to help copy edit if you want...Caveat Emptor, I'd have basically no idea what the hell I was doing, since I don't edit, and don't even read very much romance.

6692286 Lol, I’m glad you liked it! The ending will change, that much I can tell you.

The bittersweet part, or the god-awful, "here's what happened ya morons, here you go, you asked for this" epilogue?

And I am unsure if I should just publish the rewrite (because a lot will change) or edit the original and the publish the rewrite as a standalone. Thoughts?

Publish both? If nothing else, to see how you've grown as an author.

6692295 Never thought of that! I’ll go with that, then.

Here is a link to the Folder with everything in it. You should be able to comment on the chapters I am editing, and read the orginal. Feel free to add your thoughts or any changes / corrections you see.

I was wondering what happened to that story. I tried to look for it for hours and couldn't find it. Glad to know it's being brought back.

6692318 My co-author kinda fell out of the fandom and took it down. I was none to please, as I wrote a good 70% of it, and did all the editing. I had him post it because he was a more Octoscratch channel, while I was more of a grimdark channel. Anywho, that’s all worked out, now, so I just need some editing.

I'd like to take a swing at proofreading / editing, and I do consider myself somewhat well-versed in English grammar and spelling.

I think I favorited the original, and would love to see what changes may come:moustache:

I would love to pre read before u publish and give u my thoughts. Im so happy its being re-uploaded

Link in the comnents. Feel free to do your worst!

Oh my god, I loved that story! I remember reading it when it was still being published. I cried in a McDonalds while reading the last chapter :twilightsheepish:

*Pokes head in again*

This Guy does editing, but fyi I think he's already kinda busy, and I haven't PMed myself (that's your sales pitch, and you'd do a much better job)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20