OC Adventure 268 members · 409 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I am currently working on finalizing the planning for my first real attempt at a good story. By good story, I mean that I will be trying really hard to not make it total shit like everything else I've posted on the Internet. I would like to keep as much of my own creation out of the story as possible, with the exception of a very specific list of characters that I must create on my own, to go along with the canon. I figured that a group dealing in OCs in Adventure stories would be a great place to find people with good ideas.
I need:
Scootaloo's parents
A rapist
A village of Fluffy ponies
A clan of dragons
An optometrist
A metalworker
A family clan of mercenaries specializing in bladed weapons that they conjure with magic
An orphanage
Twilight's parents and family
An archeaologist/historian

You don't need OC's for Twilight's parents and family (unless you want aunts, uncles, and grandparents, etc.)

Her parents are:
Mother - Twilight Velvet
Father - Night Light

A family clan of mercenaries specializing in bladed weapons that they conjure with magic

Damn!

I've got an earth pony saber duelist but that won't work. I tried. Good luck with your story man. :twilightsmile:

Silver out!

I could just use the name and his skill as the character. I don't really care if the two versions of him are indentical, as long as I don't have to come up with the personality. If you don't mind him being a unicorn that conjures his weapons in my version, we could still do it.

2633376 I did not know that. Kusod to you.

2633376 But yes, that's what I mean. Extended family.

His name is Blaze. He's the one you see on my avatar. He's smaller than many stallions, brown coat, green eyes and he has an English accent. He is from a country named Karalia. (Him being a Karalian isn't required, but you can put it in if you want).

He doesn't like the Upper Class too much (You can change this too if you want).

He is about 19 years old, he is a smart pony but he sometimes lets his raw emotions cloud his judgement.

(He goes absolutely mental when he wants revenge).

He can be good, evil, or neutral. His character is flexible like that.

He is a master strategist and an excellent defensive fighter.

His blade-wielding fighting style:

Can be found here...

Ignore the first video.

Of course, if he is a unicorn, he won't have to stand on two hooves.

His fighting style is based heavily off of and is a version of this:

You may not need all of this information, but using at least some of it would be great.

Do you need to know more?

If you have any questions on how Blaze would react to certain situations or things he might say, just let me know.

Silver out!

2634448 This will likely not be that case, but for the purpose of testing this, let's just say that Blaze is Trixie's father.

Small stature, English accent and colors are all compatible. However, all of the ponies from this family are native-Equestrian, as was their common ancestor (an alicorn), who helped found Equestria with her skill in swordplay, as well as her biological augmentation, making her the alicorns' trump card in frontline combat against the other army.

They are uptight about their heritage, and any insult to the family name is dealt with in sword combat. Not about class, just honor.

Trixie ran away from home when she was twelve. Five years later, the present time is occuring. He was 20 to 25 when she was born, so 17 years later, he would be 37 to 42.

Desperate to prove his worth to his father (the patriarch), he immediately shuns Trixie upon her return with her husband, who on top of her desertion of the family, bonded herself to a mate without making him pass the initiation to test his worth in front of the patriarch.

Like all aged members of the family, he is highly skilled with his blades, and has been tempered with years of experience in the field.
-
I really don't like the name Blaze. I feel that it is so common that it has become a cliche for OCs. I probably won't use him for an important member of the family, but I may use him for something. One of the other clans, perhaps.

You don't have to use him at all. If he's not compatible with the story, then he's not compatible with your story.

That's just a fact.

Oh well.

I mean, you can use him if you want, but if he's going to be a detriment to the story, then don't bother.

I don't mind the changes, just so long as his personality remains the same or similar and that he isn't changed TOO much to where he's not him anymore.

There are two things that I don't want to see from a story with my character in it.

#1 My character being completely off.

#2 A story ruined because of my character.

If you want a middle ground, you can invent a new character and just base him heavily off of Blaze if you want. I'd think that might be the best route, actually.

Fun Fact: The reason why Blaze (an earth pony) has a pegasus name is because his pegasi parents thought he was going to be born a pegasus. He wasn't given that name because: "Oews cools, he haz tha coool, an te egdy, alikorn names!"

Uh...no.

There is an actual story behind it.

Also, his name is a reference to Ace Combat 5. The silent protagonist's callsign was 'Blaze'. That's why I initially made that his name. In the Karalian universe, Blaze is an unlikely hero who started out as nothing and built himself from the ground up. The same thing with the Blaze in Ace Combat 5.

Sorry about the rant but that's why he has that name. It may be a cliche name but it wasn't given for a cliche reason.

Silver out!

I am truly late to the party, aren't I?

Well, you could always look for a theme or dig through history. I have had a really hard time with coming up with names.

The only names I ever made up and liked were "Yellow Belly," "Brown Streak," and "Skid Mark" who are side characters that may or may not make an appearance in my "A Game of Kings and Pretty Pony Princesses." Can you guess what they will be doing?

Look for some books on subjects of magic. Particularly old ones you can find on the internet like those of Geomancy or Occult Philosophy by Agrippa. You'd be surprise what you may find.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10