German brony community 114 members · 203 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

...And it's a lot easier for me to translate auf Deutche than to German.

So, I came across a fanfic in German that I want to try and translate into English. I've gotten the author's support and blessing, but since it's 46 chapters and counting - and the first chapter alone is 13 pages in Google Docs - I'm not sure I'm up to the task. Not to mention, while I can translate German to English, I'm not actually fluent in it, nor am I familiar with the culture and whatever linguistic idioms it may have. Thus, I require co-translators to assist me.

The name of the fanfic is "13 Schicksale" (13 Fates) by I. M. Legion, and it can be found over at the bronies.de forums - since the fic itself is rated 16+ I don't think I can link it in this post. It's an adventure story where the bounty hunter protagonist hunts for evil duplicates of the Mane Six, with the assistance of the real Mane Six, while uncovering evidence of a deep conspiracy. The author describes it as having "a lot of action in it, drama, but also lots of black humor." It promises to be a long story, and I haven't tried to count the words of all 46 chapters yet.

Ideally I'd like to get a few people behind this project, set up a Skype group where we can communicate and aid each others' translations, and probably talk about the fic itself. PM me if interested, and we can discuss details before setting things up.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1