Pokemon Club 535 members · 190 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I don't know if any of you know this, but a Poketuber called Bird Keeper Toby has a series that talks about how he'd change a legendary Pokemon if he could go back to when that Pokemon was introduced and had a say.

That's gotten me thinking of what else a modern Poke-fan could do if they went back in time and was able to help the creators of the game. I've been thinking mainly about what I'd do if I could help make red and green version and I've come up with a few ideas that could have improved the game.

The first one would be telling the creators about the Steel, Dark and Fairy types. I'm positive they would have put them in the original game if they had thought of them. This would mean that the Kanto Pokemon that became Steel and Fairy would be that from the beginning and a few new Dark types might be created, maybe even adding to Dark type to some of the existing Pokemon. I can see Fearow becoming Dark type. I would also suggest making Blastoise a Steel type, since it's the only single typed starter and it looks like a steel type. This would probably make the game unbalanced, but I think it would have been interesting.

I'd have also suggested making Steel weak to Electric, since the only reason Water is weak to it is because it's a conductor and that only happens because it has metal in it.

Another change I'd make is changing where you get certain rods. I would have made the Old Rod gettable in Viridian, but also give it a 1% chance of catching Poliwag in ponds and Krabby in the sea. This would mean you'd need to spend hours fishing for that Pokemon or get incredibly lucky, either that or train a Magikarp up to Level 20. If someone's willing to go through all that, they deserve to have an advantage over Broke. I'd then move the Good Rod to Vermilion City and keep the Super Rod were it is. I think that would make getting a Water type a little more better, since by the time you get the Good Rod you're at an area of the game where Water types aren't great.

And the last change I'd make involve the fossils. I'd keep the Dome and Helix Fossils where you get them in the game, but make it easier to get them. I'd make it so the museum in Pewter has a research lab instead of the spot you get the old Amber, but the MPC says the machine isn't ready yet. But if you go there after getting the Vermilion City Badge, the MPC will tell you the machine works and you can restore your Fossils. They would be restored at about Level 20 or 25, which means they could be easily fit onto your team since most of your Pokemon will be around that level at the time. Then, on Cinnabar Island, you can get the Old Amber from the place where the fossil machine is in the original game.

Those are just my ideas for how I'd change the game. I hope you like them and what would you change if you could?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1