Project ACES 167 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 319 )
  • Viewing 201 - 250 of 319
NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

539219>>539297>>539325

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, sure Northern. We crapped up your decks, so it's our job to take care of you guys." Orion was glad for the distraction.

Northern nodded, and left.

Damn. Archangel was walking right at her. Say something, Orion!

Instead, she let the human brush past her, turning her head away. Slick, Orion. Bloody slick.

I'll talk to him.
Is that wise?
He's my friend. Hopefully I can calm him down a bit.

Riley was headed after the pilot as well. Orion took the chance. She intercepted him.

"What...?" Riley was clearly surprised.

"I'll come with you. I've got something to settle, as well."

smoers06
Group Contributor

"Hmmm? Oh, ok." He wasn't really paying attention, he was deep in thought.
Was it wrong of me?
I knew Talisman and him were together, but I never thought....
Oh the Maker certainly has a sick sense of humor. My best friend, who was dating my wife, now comes back from the dead, hoping to rekindle what they had
And I'm the one thing that stopped it from happening
I'm a horrible friend, aren't I?
I should never gone after her, even if he was dead, I should have been respectful.
But... she seemed to finally get over the pain. She accepted when I proposed!
But was I just a substitute for him? Was I exploiting her when she was hurt?
Maker, maybe it would have been better if I had died at Megalith...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

"Hey, you okay?" Orion could see the self-doubt building in Riley as they walked the long corridors.

He just nodded.

Orion sighed. "Look, Riley. I know the look of a man trying to beat himself up inside, trust me, I've been there, but this isn't your fault. You couldn't have known that he was alive, you couldn't have known that he still harboured feelings for her."

The man kept walking.

"You shouldn't keep telling yourself that this is you fault. It's unfair to everyone around. Come on now, Riley. Archangel has just got to get over it." Orion stretched out a wing and held him, like a human arm would.

Setton
Group Admin

539538>>539653
*THUMP THUMP THUMP!*
"You in there buddy, Arky?"

I groaned in pain as I rose of the micro pony-sized cot. Ok.. Note to self, Navy beds are as shitty as they look, get a couch next time. I swung my aching legs around as I stood up, cracking my poor back as I did so. But the mirror in the corner caught my eye as I headed for the door. I approached it, taking a long hard look at the man before me.

My brown eyes were bloodshot, and dark circles formed beneath my puffy eyes. The rest of my face didn't do much better, Damn I look like shit, feel like shit.. Its a miracle I'm awake! I thought sarcastically as I approached the door, and opened it. Revealing a bothered Riley and Orion beside him.

"Hey, what *Yawn* ya need?" I inquired sleepily. Five bucks says its about Amber...

"Hey Archangel, about Talisman..." Called it... whoopdeefuckindoo..

"Riley, understand right now I'm not mad at you or Am-Talisman, and I never will be. I'm completely at fault for this situation, not you or her or anyone for that matter. I stupidly made a presumption despite the likely senario that I could continue our relationship, to just completely ignore the fact I've been hidden away and thought for dead by the world for the past few years. And I was wrong to do that Riley, very, very wrong. I'm truly sorry for this Riley, I really am. I should've prepared for something I saw coming for years, but I didn't... Can.. Can you ever forgive me Riley?"

smoers06
Group Contributor

539791>>539725
Riley couldn't quite believe what he was hearing.
He was Apologizing to Riley?
"You have nothing to be sorry for," The marine said, shaking his head. "I can't hold it against you for holding on to hope.I would have done the same in your position." He looked down. "I... I'm sorry man. I shouldn't have blindsided you with that, It wasn't right. And I swear, had I known you were alive, I never would have done any of this. I know how much she means to you."
No matter how much I might have wanted too...
Although he'd never admit it, he'd always been Jealous of his friend. Although he would have never deliberately taken Talisman away from him, Riley always had a thing for her, even before the Chandelier incident

Setton
Group Admin

539951>>539725
"Riley, there's no easy way to break news like that to someone. I prefer blunt rather than softly... So, we good?"

smoers06
Group Contributor

Cole smiled, and nodded.
"Ya, we're good."

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

539791>>539951

"Wut?" Orion was stunned by how easy that was.

To bad she never got the chance to voice her feelings.

"All hands, battle stations! Code Gaiass!" The entire deck heaved under her hooves.

"Speak to me! What's happening?" Code Gaiass was reserved for ship to ship battle.

"The Monolyth!"

Orion's irises shrunk to pinpricks.

"Oh shit."

The Fortitude listed, smoke trailing from the crater that was the Monolyth's attack.

"Press the advantage! Take them down!" The captain of the Monolyth declared.

Throughout the Fortitude, lights lost power and emergency lighting strips came online.

Orion galloped her all to the Command Deck. "Turn us around, Get us facing them!"

"Aye aye. Commander!" The ship began to spin.

"120 mm array, you're clear to fire!" The cannons began tossing high-explosive shells towards the twelve kilometer ship. The Monolyth made the four kilometer long Fortitude look tiny.

The narrowing airspace between the two combatants came alive as the Fortitude's 30 mm point defence Gatling guns and bigger 120 mm autocannons spewed out continuous streams of fire. The Monolyth's own antiaircraft guns added to the thunder of her main missile batteries, which were firing at a four-shot-a-minute clip.

The Fortitude rang like a bell with each staggering impact. The rounds from the AAA penetrated her hull but were stopped by the next bulkhead. Missiles left smoking breaches in the hull.

"The automated fire-suppression system is battling a half dozen simultaneous blazes. Fire teams have been told to stay away, lest they get into harm's way."

"Good. Unleash the Exorcets!"

The Fortitude was giving as good as she got. The Monolyth's turbine's were smoking, and her hull had holes where the 120 mm shells hit. 30 mm rounds sparked off her armored hide, while the Exorcet anti-ship missile blew gaping gaps in the Monolyth.

The two ships continued to pound on each other, each capable of absorbing tremendous punishment, as the gap grew narrower still. At point-blank range, there was no need to aim. Rounds impacted almost the instant they left the guns.

The Fortitude danced alongside the Monolyth, gliding in an orbit around the behemoth. Nothing like this had been seen in the history of ship to ship battle, two capital ships pounding each other, and despite the danger, Orion wouldn't have wanted to be anyplace else in the world.

Technology had sanitized warfare, made it cold and distant. The press of a button was all that was needed to vanquish your enemy. This was something else entirely. She could feel their hatred. It was as if each shot they took was an expression of personal loathing. Orion smiled back as the autocannons blew apart the Monolyth's AAA guns.

Then, a brutal shudder and a flash of light. The Fortitude shrieked and lost a hundred feet in altitude, armor plating shredding and falling off.

"Damage report!" Orion regained her footing.

"Shock cannon discharged! Heavy damage to port side!"

"Get transports loaded! I want troops on that ship!" Orion gave orders.

Setton
Group Admin

539967 539725
"Orion, I'm taking off, I still have some AIR-2's ready to fire." I stated, watching her give orders.
-------------
Meanwhile, Felisian Naval Battlegroup Kestrel, FRN Hood...

"Sir! The hostile superweapon has been spotted, Main guns are in range!"

"FIRE, GODDAMMIT FIRE!"

(24" Guns, triple barrelled turrets with four turrets, 2 forward, two aft. Think of a very mega modern Montana-Class Battleship)

smoers06
Group Contributor

"Get transports loaded! I want troops on that ship!"

"I'm on it!" Riley said over the radio, boarding a VTOL. "Load up ladies!" He waved for his troops to board the transports. All of them were survivors from the Death Watch fleet: Marine's, Sailors, Rangers, all of them now slinging a rifle and ready for some payback.
"All transports loaded, launching now!"

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

"No! Runways are locked down until further notice! It's to dangerous out there! You'll be paste in minutes!" Orion shouted. The Fortitude shuddered again.

"Hawkeye, you have command over this ship! Keep it alive, while we go board this thing!"

The captain of the Monolyth smiled sickeningly, as the puny toy that the NLR had gave it's best.

"Heavy damage to hanger bay, sir. They might attempt a landing."

The captain was shocked to hear that. "Get response teams there! Not a single blasted NLR hoof is touching my deck!"

The armory was surprisingly quiet. All the commando's in there moved quickly and quietly, checking each other's armor, cleaning weaponry. Orion herself was decked in a medium armor BulletProof chestplate, with interlocking leg guards. She checked on her armament, consisting of the unusual human bullpup rifle, the Steyr AUG, in her left holster, and in her right, a Vector .45 ACP SMG.

She watched Cole and the other's looking really lost in the large armory.

"Cole! We're preparing to board that thing. You can either, A, come along and help the assault, or B, stay onboard this ship. It's your choice."

"Seagull craft ready for take off, all personnel, report to your transports." The large group of commando's filtered off, leaving Orion with the rest of her friends.

"First wave of transports launched. Prepping next wave."

Setton
Group Admin

539993>>540002
Absolute SHAME I'm really bad at taking orders... I began charging towards the hanger bays, while I thought of a.. "brilliant" plan, while letting Celestia know that her worst Nightmare is still alive...

smoers06
Group Contributor

Cole snorted,
"Right, like I'd miss out on any battle."
Talisman suddenly appeared, carrying an assault shotgun and wearing the combat uniform of a Federation Marine, probably appropriated by her husband. She tossed Cole a Standard Assault rifle, as he strapped on his body armor.
"Let's get going!" Talisman said. "I have some payback to give those Solars for Gracemeria!"

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

"You'll wanna take my Seagull." Orion hoofed it ahead of the troupe. Her Heavy Troop Transport, or Seagull, was already prepped and had it's engines running hot.

Orion headed up to the cockpit. There sat a very familiar face.

"Hey, it's you again!" The co-pilot from the trench run from before turned and smiled.

"Hey, boss. Ready to go buckwild again?"

Orion flinched as a stray missile flew into the cavernous hanger from one end and exited through the other. "We're clear. X-117, launch!"

The catapult dragged the transport up to speed, before spitting it out of the hanger. Ten transports followed.

Immediately, the flight came under fire. The sky filled with flak and missiles. Orion watched as a missile homed in on another transport and blew up, sending it crashing in to its wing mate.

"Fuck. Do we have an LZ?" She asked through her helmet mike.

"Hang on, we'll bust one open for you." An Exorcet missile streaked past the transport flight. and blew a hole into the Monolyth's hanger bay.

"There. Wing Delta, head for new LZ." Orion ordered. The nine transports grouped together, making a beeline for the hole in the hull.

"Delta four, increase your altitude!"
"I've lost engines! Going down!"
"Delta seven, watch your flank!"

Orion felt the big chaingun mounted beneath her cockpit open fire. And then, a flash of light.

The Transport slipped sideways.

"Delta three! I've lost control!"
"Delta nine?! Respond, Delta nine!"

"What the hell happened?" The co-pilot asked.

"Somebody is launching AIR-2 Genies!"

"Damn. Archangel." Orion concentrated on getting her transport into the LZ.

The transport's of Delta flight landed. They all waited for a counter offence, but nothing happened.

"Lower ramps. Storm the bay!" Orion stood by the ramp of her transport.

When the first NLR transport dropped it's ramp, the leader of the Solar defense stood up.

"Light them up! Don't let them in her..." He died a quick death.

Orion lowered her smoking gun. "Kill confirmed." She whispered.

smoers06
Group Contributor

If you were an Imperial Commander in charge of the Hangar deck, the last you would want to see would be a group of NLR transports landing on your deck.
Riley was pretty sure of that.
And he was absolutely certain that you would not want to see squads of heavily armed, pissed off humans coming off the Transports.
And he was about to make many Imperial Soldiers regret their choice of careers.
"Suppressing fire!" He shouted, unleashing lead upon the enemy forces. "Drive them back and clear the hanger deck!"
Now Talisman and Cole joined the fray, taking cover behind overturned ammo crates and the likes, as the allied force pushed against the Solar Defenders

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

"This is Delta regiment, to Alpha regiment! Say status!" Orion shouted over comms as she ducked behind cover. The Steyr was glowing red hot, and Orion tried to cool it.

"Delta, Alpha is pushing through, breaching Hanger two's door now." Orion could hear the sound of gunfire in the background.

"Good, continue pushing through, We'll meet in the middle!"

"Yes Commander."

"Bravo regiment?"

"We're stuck at the Reactor room! They're putting up a heavy fight!"

"This is Charlie Regiment! We've encountered some unusual humans, commander. They're very strong. Keep your heads up for those guys."

"Understood, Charlie. If possible, head to reactor room and help out Bravo." Orion ordered.

"Ten four, commander."

"Grenade out!" Orion shouted over the cacophony of guns firing and lobbed the ticking bomb.

Setton
Group Admin

540197>>540183>>540130
I roared past the transports, drawing fire away as they assaulted the Superweapon. I knew for a fact that Orion would have my ass for using micro WMD's when I landed, but she'd owe me for being a bullseye for the Solar guns.

I throttled up, and accended with a trail of lead following every move I made. Fuck these bastards shoot better than Riley does, if he still shoots for shit that is.. I wretched the Flanker into a tight turn as I hugged the monolith for protection in vain against the wall of AA fire. I took one, deep breath as I throttled to full power and eye'd the mirror waryily as the fire seemed to increase. You owe me a drink for this Orion..

I broadcasted to all channels, including the Solars.."You all thought me for dead in the cold frozen north. But all you did after my loss, was delay my dreaded return.. For behold the 'White Death' has returned, and in the skies I will rule once more. For I am Archangel, and with the lord my protector, will send every last Solar to the deepest depths of hell.. Fear my return, fear my rath mortals, as the Makers Angel of Death has arrived...."

"Is..Is that him?"
"It can't be.. He died!"
"Commander, we have confirmation... Its the Archangel!"
This is Commander Blackbane of the SES Monolith, All guns capable of anti-aircraft fire are to focus on the destruction of the Archangel. Anypony who downs him, will recieve a massive pay raise and promotion!"
"Alert Queen Celestia at once! She must be informed that he has returned!"

The fire increased as I heard the sound of rounds punching into my Deadly Angel, and the missle locks increasing. Hope this works... I thought with growing concern as I continued my distractions and taunts to them, drawing fire and their attention away from the assault troops, to me...

Because this is becoming the Chandiler attack all over again... Hurry Orion, please.. I thought as my body began to grow more weary and tired with each passing moment doing the extreme and costly aerial manouvers.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

540213>>540183

"Is..Is that him?"
"It can't be.. He died!"
"Commander, we have confirmation... Its the Archangel!"
This is Commander Blackbane of the SES Monolith, All guns capable of anti-aircraft fire are to focus on the destruction of the Archangel. Anypony who downs him, will recieve a massive pay raise and promotion!"
"Alert Queen Celestia at once! She must be informed that he has returned!"

"Begin final runs, aim for AAA turrets and Missile ports. Let's get the Solar's defense down while Archangel draws their fire." Hawkeye ordered. Immediately, the 120 mm cannons realigned, and began knocking turrets off at their bases.

Meanwhile, the battle raged on within the corridors of the Monolyth itself. Orion was running out of bullets, so she retreated from the front line to go back to the dropships to acquire more ammo.

The walkways were deserted, which should have been Orion's first warning. Also, traversing enemy territory without a friend was highly disadvisable.

Just as she walked past a previously locked door, it slid open and revealed a menacing human.

Orion jumped back. She could see the patch that signified the guy as a Cerberus operative. She yanked out her Vector and began to spray the guy.

"Stay back!" She shouted, but he took no heed. Bullets just seemed to bounce off him. He rushed forward, putting Orion in a bad spot, unable to get a shot. He backhanded Orion, and she was sent flying.

The last thing she heard before she passed out was: "You're coming with me. No more nosy pilots to stop us now."

Setton
Group Admin

540258>>540183
Alarms and warnings filled the Sukhoi's cockpit, and the panel was lit like a tree on christmas as he flew harder and faster than ever before..

"BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP-BEEP!~"
"Too low, pull up! Woop woop!~"
"Caution, Caution, Caution~,"
"Stabilizer vibration critical! EEP, EEP~"

Damage is getting worse, might not gonna last much longer but I need too, for they need time. My breathing became more and more haggered as this continued, I haven't fought and flew like this since dogfighting Pasternak! *Twing-Twack-Shink!*

"BZZZZZTBZZZZZZT! WARNING, FIRE RIGHT ENGINE!~"

My heart sunk as I flipped the fire suppression, I glanced back and saw a trail of billowing smoke from my right engine. With the lord as my protector.. I kept the throttle for the right engine at full power, earning more stress and presure upon my body as the noise increased and became worse.

I flipped the Master Arms switch back on as I roared around the Monolyth to repay the favor..

"Archangel, Excaliber Away!" The missile shot forward and slammed into the side of the Monolith, as the fireball quickly expanded and dissapated, I shot through it but heard a distant, and familiar that noise graced my ears.

Is that?.. Before I could ponder any further, the entire port side lit up like a christmas tree as the comms crackled to life.

"This is Battlefleet Kestrel of the Royal Felisian Navy, were here to assist and send those damned Solars to bottom of the sea!" Admiral Sobel declared, as the thunder of the Hood's massive 24" guns echoed through the skies.

I let a small smile grace my lips as I kept manouvering, trying to survive against the onslaught of hell just a bit longer with newfound confidence, with shells as big as trees striking the Monolyth.

smoers06
Group Contributor

540258>>540449
"Hangar clear!" A Ranger called out.

"This is Charlie Regiment! We've encountered some unusual humans, commander. They're very strong. Keep your heads up for those guys."

"Damned Terrorists..." Talisman growled.
"Alright, split up by squad." Riley ordered. "Talisman, Cole; Take Fireteams Bravo, Charlie, and Zulu. Get to the generators and see what damage you can do down there. Inca, Foxtrot; make your way to the command center. Alpha, on me. We're going after those traitors."
As the humans all split to complete their said objectives, Riley lead his squad through the maze of corridors that made up the Megalith. They ran into some light resistance from crew members, but most ran after a few seconds of combat.
"I don't like this..." A marine mumbled. "It's too quiet. Where are all the Solars?"
"Probably being moved to defensive positions," another soldier suggested. "Around the Command Center and Generators."
They continued on in silence, until they saw a rather large door.
"Now what have we here..." Riley said to himself. "Stack up."
The four soldiers obliged, getting to the sides of the doors.
"Opening now." The door slid open, and the men rushed in. A lone human stood alone inside a large chamber, wearing a modified version of a Federation Navy Commander's jacket with Solar Empire insignia. the large symbol of the Terrorist organization was stamped on the back.
"Cerberus." Riley snarled.
"Down you go!" A Marine let loose with his rifle, the bullets impacting on the man, but seeming to have no effect. The Man slowly turned to the Marine, and he snapped his fingers. The soldier suddenly ignited on fire, screaming in pain and agony, as his charred corpse collapsed to the floor.
Riley and the remaining soldiers dived for cover, shocked at what they just saw.
The Cerberus Commander let out a maniacal laugh.
"Do you see it you Federation fools?!' He yelled, taking out a hypo with a glowing liquid inside. "We have reached the next step of Evolution!" He jammed the needle into his arm, injecting the substance into his bloodstream.
Riley's eyes widened, as he knew what he was looking at.
He was suddenly thrusted back in time, during a raid on a Cerberus lab.
What he saw...
The Test subjects...
"Plasmids..." He whispered. "Are you insane?! Those are only from fiction! They can't work!"
"They can!" The man insisted. "The labs found ways to make us stronger!"
"They found ways to kill you!" Riley countered. "The junk your labs spewed out destroyed anyone who used them!"
"YOU'RE WRONG!" The Commander boomed. "We've perfected it! Celestia made it work! She gave us the perfected Plasmid! We give her Information on the Mainland!"
Realization struck Riley like a bullet.
"It was Cerberus?! Cerberus gave Celestia the Intel on our Mainland defenses?! That's how they reached the Mainland without any resistance?!"
"That's right." The man smirked. "The Federation is an old shell of what it once was. It's no longer fit too lead humanity. Once Celestia gives us Control, we shall lead our species to a glorious new future, and people like you will be considered inhuman!"
"You're worse than inhuman," Riley snarled. "You're an abomination, a pitiful defect! A failed science experiment in a lab!"
"You pitiful fool!" The man laughed again. "We have reached supreme power!"
"And all you had to do was betray your own species..."
"We do the things Governments are unwilling to! We do the dirty work! We see the future!" The man stood up to his full height. "CERBERUS IS HUMANITY!"

TAB

540258>>540449 540183

Admiral Pitomik watched expectantly at the battle raging above his fleet, annoyed by the fact that he couldn't help his allies simply because of power. His lieutenant ran up breathless beside him, mumbling a message as he tried to catch his breath. Pitomik turned towards him, trying to hear him better.

"All, *gasp* weapon systems *gasp* are *gasp* back online." He managed to putter out, a look of relief on his face after he delivered his message.

"Good. Arm anything and anything that can hit the Monolyth and blast that unholy piece of machinery out the sky."

Four massive battleships turned their triple 24 inch deck guns towards the Monolyth, its size and immobility negating the usually ineffective shells. Twenty cruisers armed their aegis systems, the Monlolyth lighting up like a Christmas tree on their radars, while the destroyers in the fleet activated their AAA and light deck guns, all ready to tear the Monolyth a new one. All along the fleet, lighter patrol and PT boats locked and loaded their guns, hoping that could at least contribute to the massive barrage.

"All ships prepped and ready, waiting on your cue, Admiral." Another comms lieutenant called from his station.

"Give them hell!"

The roar of the fleet's guns was deafening, even from Pitomik's post in the bridge of the Razpuncha. The Admiral watched with satisfaction as explosions and bullets cascaded across the Monolyth, followed by even larger blasts when the capital ship's shells impacted the massive ship's hull.

-----

Northern and his group fell collectively, the unexpected blast throwing them off of their hooves.

"All hands, battle stations! Code Gaiass!"

One of the pilots called to Northern. "What the hell did they just say one the comms?"

"Something about going to battle stations and a code Gaiass." He replied back quickly, realizing that his pilots couldn't understand what what was being said across the ship.

"Alright, back to our hanger, everypony mount up and attack." Northern commanded, already moving towards the hanger they parked their planes in. Suddenly, the ship heaved again and explosion ripped apart the hallway they were talking in.

"Shock cannon discharged! Heavy damage to port side!"

"Is everypony alright? Hurry and take a head count!" Northern called out again, trying his best to keep his ponies under control. They quickly followed his orders, revealing that everyone was okay, but a more than a little shaken.

"I don't have a good feeling about this..." One of the pilots mumbled. His premonition held true as another message blared across the ship's communication network.

"All hands, Solar Troops are boarding the ship! Prepare for close quarters defense!"

Son of a manticore... North thought to himself as he pulled out and loaded his MP443. His ponies followed his lead, pulling out their PDW's as well. "Come on, we need to find an armory." He instructed, heading back to the control tower of the Fortitude.

Setton
Group Admin

540537>>540258>>540545
I could feel it, the feeling of pain, exaustion upon me.. My body was shutting down.

With the amount of stress and strain I was putting on my body, I went well byond my limits.. And now my time was quickly becoming shorter, with each turn, loop, and strike.. And the plane was on her last legs as well, her frame riddled with holes from AA & AAA fire. The right engine was hardly running at half thrust, left was beginning to fail as well. Systems and avionics destroyed, offline or fried. And every breath I took, burned and put in me great pain... I Cant stop.. They need time.. But they must hurry, or I'll be a flying coffin soon... The only things that kept me flying was knowing the cost of failure.. And possibly the grace of god.

I rolled the Angel across the bow of the Monolyth, and glanced down at the two fleets with guns ablazing as steel rain fell upon the superweapon. I reached down my sweaty, clammy palms and swicthed my comms to broadcast to any and all friendly forces, hoping to reach her.

"ORION!" I roared, my exhaustion and pain evident in my voice. "Orion, for fucks sake hurry! I-I can't last much longer, my body's shutting down for christs sake! So before I become swiss cheese, please blow this sonofabitch to hell soon!" I begged, a first in my life.. But recieved no response.

"O-orion? Orion.. ORION RESPOND! RESPOND GODDAMNIT RESPOND!" I Cried, but to no avail..

"P-please..." I mumbled, as I begun to lose feeling in my lower extremities. Death was coming, his cold fingers touching my soul, my steel determination not enough..

"Gott mit uns sein... We all stand united at the gates of hell, freedom we bring. Gott mit uns..." Orion, please hurry.. Before I make the ultimate sacrifice...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

540609>>540545>>540537

"Sir, we're losing him. His vital's are fading."

"Scramble all squadrons, arm with anything they want. Objective, keep Archangel alive while we get him to land." Hawkeye ordered and watched the collective planes leaved once again.

"His plane is falling apart, sir. He won't make it back like this!"

Hawkeye sighed. "Launch the mobile hanger plane."

Off the back of the Fortitude, a single, huge plane, clearly capable of taking a fighter inside of it, launched, ready to catch the falling Angel.

Getting a bucket of cold water on your face is not the way to wake up, but it works. Orion sputtered and gasped for air.

"Waky waky, Commander." Orion looked around and saw the same man. She wanted to move, to kill, but she couldn't. She was tied down, by some heavy duty rope.

"Let me go!"

"No. After all the grief that you've caused to the Solar Empire, I think it's fitting that you get some... Punishment... As well."

"Oh reall..." Orion couldn't finish her sentence, as she received a nasty punch to her face.

The blows kept coming, and Orion tried to fend the guy off, but to no avail. Blood flowed freely from wounds.

"Do you take pride in these wings?" Orion spat in his face and continued struggling. He grabbed her wings and began to twist ever so slowly, increasing the pain that she felt every second. "Well, do ya?" Orion quickly nodded, trying to manage the pain. But what came next, pushed her to her limits.

The human reached out and snapped some bones cleanly. Orion cried out in pure agony and began sobbing.

"That's quite enough, Malcolm. I think she's learnt her lesson." Another pony stepped from the darkness.

"Yessir." The human stood and walked away. The pony walked around to face the defeated Orion, lying strapped to the table.

Orion hung her head, unable to think, tears of pain rolling down her face.

The pony brought her earpiece closer to her. "Listen, and see what your friends are going through."

Orion, for fucks sake hurry! I-I can't last much longer, my body's shutting down for christ's sake! So before I become swiss cheese, please blow this sonofabitch to hell soon!

You're an abomination, a pitiful defect! A failed science experiment in a lab!

O-orion? Orion.. ORION RESPOND! RESPOND GODDAMNIT RESPOND!

It was Cerberus?! Cerberus gave Celestia the Intel on our Mainland defenses?! That's how they reached the Mainland without any resistance?!

Orion couldn't listen anymore. She just sobbed even quieter. The other pony pulled his hoof away, and crushed the earpiece under it.

"Pitiful. You should have just all died and be forgotten when Celestia came."

Orion laughed. It must have been a macabre sight. A broken mare, crying, at the same time, laughing?

"What's so funny?" The captain of the Monolyth

"You...should...not...under...estimate...them... Brother." Orion got out.

It was the last straw, and Blackbane pulled out his knife. "Yes, Orion. Welcome to my patch of grass."

smoers06
Group Contributor

541185>>540609>>540545
Riley was about to retort the man, when he saw one of his surviving soldiers trying to get his attention.
The Ranger pointed to his flashbang grenade that was in his hand.
Riley nodded, then started a countdown on his fingers.
“You forgot one very important thing mate…” Riley did his best impression of a famous pirate from Cinema.
“Oh? And what’s that?”
He hit zero, and the grenade went soaring over the Ranger’s cover. It detonated with a deafening boom. Riley leaped over his cover, as his two squadmates fired at the man, their bullets doing no damage. The man was covering his eyes, hurling fire blindly around the room.
Riley tackled the man, pinning him on the floor, driving his knife into the Terrorist’s head, piercing his brain.
“…I’m Captain Jack Sparrow.” He finished, taking a few deep breaths. He took a look at the man’s skin, seeing cracks and purple veins across his body. “Like I thought,” He mumbled. “These plasmids are better than the last batch, but it’s still slowly killing them.”
“Why didn’t our bullets work? Plasmids?”
“Not sure,” Riley said. “But I’ll bet Celestia send those drugs to all of the Cerberus organization.”
“Our jobs just got harder…”
As the men began to exit, one man spat on the body.
“May the Dread Wolf take you…”
~~
The Solar Empire crew members of the ship were highly disciplined, Cole had to give them that.
But the Equines were no match for the experienced and trained humans, whose species had mastered the art of war before even Celestia came to power.
Even so, they were under strict orders to protect the Generators at all cost.
So they tried, and they died, each falling victim to lead or explosives.
The last fell to Talisman, her shotgun still smoking when they heard Riley over the radio.
“All Callsigns, report status."

“Cole here, we’ve secured the Generator room.”
“Inca here, we’re meeting heavy resistance, but we’re pushing toward the command center.”
Silence followed.
“Orion? Orion do you copy?”
No response.
“I don’t like it.” Cole said. “I’m taking some men to look for her.”
“Roger that, we’ll be joining you once we make a sweep of the deck. Riley out.”
“Bravo, on me.” The pilot said, leaving the room with a squad of soldiers. Talisman was about to look at the Generators, when another voice came over the radio.

"Gott mit uns sein... We all stand united at the gates of hell, freedom we bring. Gott mit uns..."

Her heart sank, and she immidiatly responded.
“Archangel! It’s Ta…. It’s Amber! You have to pull out NOW! Do you hear me? NOW! I refuse to let you die here you selfless bastard!” Tears were now streaming down her face. “Get out of there, you have to! Please…”
~~~
"Alliance Fleet, this is F.S.S. Leviathan. We have a full payload of Cruise Missiles Ready for launch, give us the target and we'll bring the rain."

"No ships on Radar sir. Could be a Sub."

Setton
Group Admin

541185>>540545>>540537
Talismans cry burned in my chest, but she need not worry too much longer as I finished contacting the recovery craft, and lined up on an intercept course. Support fighters gave me cover while I prepared to land my stricken bird and rest my exhausted body, but a voice screamed into my ears, and my blood froze at who it was...

"*Static*GAHHHH! Y-you fuc-GAAAAHHHHAAHAHA!*Static*"You bastards...You've no idea what you've released upon you... Few things made me angry, and even fewer things made me rage.. Talisman is the only person alive to ever experience me rage, and even she couldn't calm me when I did, because that day I lost Archangel Two, my closest friend and only wingman at the battle of Moloch desert.. Now, my friend and sister-in-arms was being tortured.. And my friends are all I have left...

Maker, please forgive me...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Sir, I've detected a massive influx of Epinephrine in his system.."

"Adrenaline?" Hawkeye walked over and checked the monitor for himself, and saw all his vital being boosted and maintained by the ungodly amount of adrenaline now flowing through his system.

"Get him into the medical bay immediately upon landing, his heart and body can't handle that much without overdosing and failing!" Hawkeye ordered as he watched the screen, observing his skyrocketing heartrate, blood pressure and pulse.

"Yessir! I'll have the medical bay alerted at once."

This isn't right.. Whats going on up there?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wretched the stick hard into my gut as I whipped the crumbling fighter back towards the hell I escaped moments before. Now I was returning the Monolyth, only I wasn't planning a distraction.. Oh no, I'm doing one better...

"Arc-"

"Dismiss recovery, I've recieved a new objective, and I'm going to board the Monolyth.."And unleash my fury... I decreased the speed as I aimed for the open hanger decks, troop transports parked on the opposite runway. I could hear brass and those on the recovery craft ordering me to obey, to listen to them.. But this isn't about me anymore, she needs help.

So here comes the Archangel...
Troops we're being offloaded and wounded being extracted from the captured hangers on the Monolyth. As the troops ran about, a squad was taking a five minute breather. After coming into contact with a group of Cerberus soldiers, and suffering a few casualties, nothing too serious in injuries.

"So Bill, hows the wife doing?" One of the soldiers asked, getting annoyed stares form his comrades.

"Really? Not the time Jackson, save the jokes for when we get back." His Sargeant replied, smacking the private with his hand across his helmet.

"HEY! Ok ok I'll save the wisecracks for later, just had to you know? Tensions a bit high, don't ya know?" jackson responded wearily, fixing his helmet.

"Yes..Yes they are. I appreciate the concern for our... The hell is that?" They turned and saw a bullet and shrapnel ridden snow coloured Sukhoi as it slammed into the deck, and grinded along, shearing its wings and an engine. While causing a noise equivilient to a ship having nasty anal sex with an iceberg, before coming to a abrupt halt, a smoky haze surrounding the destroyed fighter.

They stared in stunned silence as the canopy opened, and out stepped Archangel, but his face... His face had eyes filled and burning with primal rage, his hands held a handgun and a combat knife as he charged forward, sprinting towards the bulkheads leading into the bowels of the ship...

"Run you cowards, run.. Because here I come..."

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

541594>>541605

"Had enough?" BlackBane tilted Orion's head.

"N...n...nope..." Orion gathered her remaining strength and answered.

She was bleeding from several deep cuts on her belly and her legs. Both wings lay useless against her back, bones rendered broken.

"How are you so resilient?" BlackBane pulled out the knife from where it was, embedded in Orion's leg, with a whip of blood. Orion just whimpered in reply.

"Let me ask you again. What is Luna's next plan of attack?" Orion couldn't resist.

"To... to... blow up... Celestia's... plot hole...."

"Well then." The knife again made another incision upon her body.

Orion screamed out and began crying again.

"Sir! They're are at our doors!"

"What?! Defend the command deck!" BlackBane turned to Orion.

"You're coming with me, sweetheart. Pick her up, Malcolm, and put her where they can see her if they break through those doors."

"Yessir." Orion simply yelped as her mane was abused again.

"Delta, to Alpha. Ready charges." Skybolt nodded and placed the det packs on the heavy doors.

"Charges set. Ready to go." He tapped the guy behind him, who passed the check message down the line of troops.

Setton
Group Admin

541594>>541770
*Thwack-Shwicquish, BANG-BANG!*

I let the dead Solar filth drop to the ground, his blood spilt upon my once pristine white flight suit, now stained dark crimson with Solar blood. I made my way towards the Command deck, the bridge but taking the long route. In my attempt to find Solars, and get the drop on those there. And hopefully, find her location on this scrap heap... And make them pay greatly for their mistake...

I've also killed a Cerberus creature.. I've seen that kind of work before, it belongs to the same savages who trained me all those years ago... And they say when planning your revenge, you should dig two graves.. One for your enemy, and one for yourself... well I can tell you right now, two just ain't gonna be enough.

My feet thundered down the empty corridors as I kept running, my heart pounding, my mind processing the fact that the organization I once helped create had turned against us, my blood boiled as I ran even harder. For the more I destroy the organization, the more I'll redeem myself... But Celestia will pay, by my own hands she'll pay.. In royal blood. I helped create this organization as force for global peace.. Not tools for war.

I slowed to a stop as I came upon a speaker that was taped into the ships communications system. Why not? let'em know a nightmare stalks their ship, and let Cerberus dogs know who's back..

*Click*

"This, This is the Archangel.. And I have a message for all those who stand in my way... Pray."

*Click*

Because here comes wrath of the Maker

smoers06
Group Contributor

541889>>541770
The humans moved through the decks, before they all stopped, hearing a voice that made their blood run cold.

*Click*

"This, This is the Archangel.. And I have a message for all those who stand in my way... Pray."

*Click* Because here comes wrath of the Maker

"Oh shit..." Riley whispered. He had never actually seen his friend get enraged himself, but Talisman had, she had told him how he looked...
And Riley had saw the Aftermath...
He activated his radio.
"This is Colonel Davis to all fireteams with completed objectives, our new objective is to find Commander Orion. Start search grid patterns across the decks."
"Foxtrot here. We're about to breach the command center, and there's a lot more commotion going on up here than there should be. I'll bet a year's paycheck that the Commander is being held in there."
"Copy that, all free Callsigns, make your way to the Command Deck."
"Cole here, We're moving."
"Talisman here, we're still trying to study the generators but I can spare one of my fireteams."
Riley switched channels.
"Archangel, it's Riley. Listen to me man, you gotta calm down. You're hurt and enraged, you don't want to do what you're doing. Just take a deep breath, calm down, and let me send a medic to you so we can get you healed up.

Setton
Group Admin

542131>>541770
(the *click* because here comes the wrath of the maker is in his head, not spoken)

I Looked down at the radio on my hip, I grinned, and snatched the radio and started to speak.. Only to make an... Interesting discovery. The radio played my response through the speakers.. Which meant they all could hear me. And hear me they shall...I will find you Orion, hold on a bit longer..

"They will run, I will hunt. They will hide, I will search. They will retreat, I will charge. Running is futile, so meet your fate, destiny awaits.." I taunted as I walked on, .45 in hand, and knife ready for action. The halls and corridors I walked through empty, but my anger grew. My breathing became quicker and more shallow. My heartbeat quickened, my senses sharpened, and my muscles contracted..

"Arky, you require medical aid, Please man, just listen to me!" Riley cried, but I wasn't of importance. She was.

"Commander Blackbane.. Face me you child, come out of hiding as I will find you. All you are accomplishing is the delay of your death." I snarled, picking up the pace towards the bridge doors before me.

"Come on Archangel, just take a deep breath, and calm down. You don't want to do this!" Riley begged.

*THWUMP!*

" YOU BETTER HOPE I CAN'T BREAK DOWN THIS DOOR BANE! *THWUMP!* BECAUSE I'VE COME FOR YOU! THE ANGEL OF DEATH HAS CALLED YOUR NAME, SO TIME TO MEET YOUR FATE, YOUR DESTINY AWAITS! *THWUMP!* I roared, ramming the door into the bridge with my shoulder.

Setton
Group Admin

542131>>542228>>541770

Meanwhile..

"Sir, his Epinephrine levels have spiked again, vitals are passing his recorded maximums, his heartrate has just past 227 Beats-per-Minute!" The medical pony that was monitoring the pilots vitals just gawked in shock and horror as Archangels vitals climbed past the maximums of known Olympic athletes.. And was still climbing.

Hawkeye knew something had to be done, at this rate, a massive heart attack was guaranteed. All they could do was be ready and attempt to revive him when his body climaxed from the ungodly adrenaline levels. And that was likely when he became calm, when the full weight of his physical exhaustion returns, and the adrenaline passed through his system fully..

"Get a medical unit dispatched to the Monolyth immidiately, and get me Colonel Davis on the horn!" Hawkeye barked, eyes glued to the screen as his heartrate inched past 231BPM, his blood pressure and pulse at deadly levels as well.

"We already have a medical unit dispatched, contacting Colonel Davis now." Hawkeye didn't acknowledge as he kept watching the slowly climbing vitals, as warnings and cautions continually blipped on sceen.

Maker help him when he peaks...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

542419>>542131>>540545

Skybolt watched quietly as the human began to try to break down the door with nothing but his shoulder. Normally, he would have declared it futile, and pried the person from the doors, but in this instance, he could actually see the door starting to crumple.

"My god... I'll never want to be on this guy's bad side."
"Can the chatter, Private."
"Defuse charges." Skybolt ordered, slowly replacing the pin of the primer.

"Yes, sir."

YOU BETTER HOPE I CAN'T BREAK DOWN THIS DOOR BANE! BECAUSE I'VE COME FOR YOU! THE ANGEL OF DEATH HAS CALLED YOUR NAME, SO TIME TO MEET YOUR FATE, YOUR DESTINY AWAITS!

"Hmm... Who's your friend?" BlackBane was standing in his command dais, facing the doors. Orion lay at his feet, unable to stand up.

"Y...y...your death, brother" Orion could feel Luna's blessing starting to grant her strength, but would it be enough?

"Charming, sister. You've picked up quite a few friends lately. How's mum?" BlackBane leaned down and kissed Orion, who tried to recoil.

"She's fine." Orion muttered, turning her head away.

"Hmm." The door was cracking at places. Orion could see the troops standing behind the doors.

Finally, the doors gave way, falling as twin slabs of metal.

BlackBane gripped Orion in a choke hold, raising his other.

Orion's irises shrunk yet again as she saw what was in his upraised hoof.

"Is... that a... Grena..."

"DESTINY MAY TAKE MY LIFE, BUT I'M NOT GOING ALONE!"

Skybolt was inside the room and taking up a firing position even before the doors hit the ground. All commandos were like that.

"Primary and Secondary sighted!"
"No clear line of sight, sir."
"Watch the crew!"
"Wait, in his hoof..."
"It's a 'nade." Skybolt acknowledged.
"All units, stand down."

smoers06
Group Contributor

542586>>542419
Cole was right behind the commandos, his weapon raised
"We got him!" One of his men said.
"Wohwohwoh," He pushed the man's gun down. "He's got Orion."
"What do we do?"
"Whatever we can."
Dammit, where's Phoenix when you need him?!
"Alright, you've made your point," Cole said to the opposing commander. "There's no need for anyone else to die today. Let Orion go, and you get your life in return. Sound Fair?"
~~~
"I'll do what I can!" Riley yelled back to Hawkeye. "But He's not real happy with me right now, and he doesn't listen to me under normal circumstances!" He continued to sprint down the Corridor toward the Command center as he switched frequencies. "Arky, listen to me, you're reaching dangerous levels right now, going into a rage isn't going to help Orion or anyone else. STAND DOWN DAMMIT!"

Setton
Group Admin

542586>>542131>>540545

Out of the men around me, I stood the closest between Cole, and Orion's hostage taker. And the only one who kept a firearm levelled at the stupid prick. The men around me began to stand down, trying to negotiate, but I knew from previous experience, this was a lost cause...

"Alright you made your point. There's no need for anybody else to die today. Let Orion go, and you get your life in return. Sound fair?" Cole explained to Blackbane as bane look at me with intrigue..

"So your the formerly lost and dead Gracemerian Ace pilot Archangel, the co-founder and operative in Cerberus.. Before they changed of what they're motives are anyways, and has quite the nasty temper it seems. Tsk-tsk-tsk, you really need to improve upon that Arky." My skin crawled as I felt the men behind me stare at me, their minds likely questioning me, as they now know a horrible secret from my past.. But they could kill me later after a court-martial, Orion was the priority, the objective.

"I'm curious, why so much trouble for her, what is she to you?" He questioned, his hoof tightly clutching the frag as he awaited his answer.

"She's my Commander, a sister-in-arms, and my friend.. And friends are all I have left, so I protect, and treat them as if they were my own family." I stated, my eyes burning holes into his as I kept eyeing him down the sights. While Orion stayed silent, her eyes upon me, begging me...

*Sizzt-pfft!*

"Arky, listen to me, you're reaching dangerous levels right now, going into a rage isn't going to help Orion or anyone else. STAND DOWN DAMMIT!" Riley.. You never pick the right time for shit like this.. I watched as Blackbane smiled, stared at me with anticipation.

"Well? did he not give you an order? Stand down Tyler, before you escalate the.. Situation." How?! Amber is the only person who knows my first name, who does this fu.. Celestia, that Royal Whore. I though coldly as I glared at him, knowing if I did, he'd have complete control of the situation.

"Archangel, stand down, thats an order. We can talk this out, without any more bloodshed" Cole explained, while I decided to think, and formulate a plan of action.. And began to analyize this.. 'Situation'

He's an Earth Stallion, so superior hoof grasp. His positioning on the S77F grenade is that if I, or anyone kills him, the pin will be pulled free. Giving someone a five second window to grab Orion and pull her into cover, kill radius in open terrain is five metres, cole and his men are in the injury radius, I, Bane and Orion are in the kill radius.. his stature is one of uncertainty, masked by one of confidence. Sweating slightly, is nervous of the outcome of this encounter. The command dias he's upon.. It rises to my knee, and I'm 6'6" inches tall. And my size is greater than Orions... Plan, Pull trigger, killing Bane. As bane falls, and pin is likely pulled. Grab Orion and pull her down, using my body as a shield and a cover while using the side of the dias to protect myself. Shrapnel wounds a risk, death too. negligable, Orion important asset.. The Lord my Protector...

Without a further thought, I steadied my hands as I lined the sights straight and true for his exposed face. Knowing the outcomes were against me, I focused myself as hard as possible on the plan in my mind, as I slowly tightened my finger around the trigger. Taking one, last deep breath. As time seemed to slow to a fucking crawl, My heart seemed to beat like an F-1's engine as the Browning Hi-Power's hammer came, and struck down upon the primer...

*BANG!*

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

542774>>542616>>540545

Orion saw it coming. She always had, from the beginning.

She knew that she would be remembered.

"Luna forgive me, for I have sinned." Orion whispered, before jumping up and pushing BlackBane out of the dais. The duo careened towards a window, finally smashing against it and breaking the glass. Orion vaguely heard the sound of a pin unlatching, and knew she had seconds left to live.

BlackBane smiled and hugged Orion. "Forgive me, sister."

Both of them fell out the breach. Soon after, came the sound of a grenade exploding.

smoers06
Group Contributor

543163>>542774
"ORION!!!!" Cole sprinted to the window, searching desperatly for his friend. "Nonononononono...." He gritted his teeth, fists cleched, he turned to Archangel, murder in his eyes. "You..."
Riley sprinted through the doors, and quickly in his head he figured out what had happened. He looked at Cole, and felt his heart sink.
"Oh shit..."
He quickly rushed over to the pilot, holding him back.
"YOU FUCKING SON OF A BITCH!" He screamed. "YOU KILLED HER! SHE WAS GOING TO BE FINE! BUT YOU! YOU HAD TO BE FUCKING GLORY BASTARD!" Riley struggled, and started dragging him out of the Command Center as the other soldiers began to realize what had just happened. "MAY THE DREAD WOLF TAKE YOU! YOU MAKER FORSAKEN SHUTTA!! YOU SHOULD HAVE DIED!! WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST FUCKING STAY DEAD?!"

Setton
Group Admin

543208>>543163
(Ok, that REALLY didn't go as I thought it would.. Actually had a "SAY WHAT?!" moment :P)

The situation was a loss, in his eyes I knew it was a loss, and her eyes... She... I don't know. Cole roared as I remained standing, the weapon at my side as I looked out the shattered window, the sea far below.. I knew explanations would do me no good with Cole, the men stared at me, shocked by what happened. I simply stood staring upon the shatted window, Coles yells and cries fading away.. Leaving myself, and the troops.

"Return to the Hanger deck for extraction.. G-go." my voice, hollow and quiet. My body, my heart, my soul ran cold... I lost two friends, both by my own hand..

What have I become... My rage cost me my two oldest friends, and possibly more. Maker.. I am no longer a man worthy of the title and name of Archangel, I'm a Death Rider, Demon of the North, The White Death... What have I done.. What have I become?

I glanced around the now empty command deck, looking simply at the dias that stood empty, and the casing that lay upon the floor. I don't understand why she did what she did, I could have saved her, but now.. her death, her blood is on my hands.. I glanced down at the .45 in my hand, the two-tone barrel inscribed with a popular saying back home. Go dance with the Angels...

"Orion..." My voice broken, my chest and body sore as I slid down against a console, quietly weeping as I held my head in my blood covered hands.

smoers06
Group Contributor

543269>>543163
"From Ashes we came, to Ashes we return," Riley prayed. "Maker, please take our brave friend Orion, for she has saved many lives, including our own. Take her, Maker, and she will be a companion to you, as she was to us." There was silence for a few moments, then Talisman spoke.
"Our Lives mean more to her than our prayers," She said. "We need to blow this fucking thing up, then get back and take our home back." Riley nodded solemnly. "How's Cole taking it?"
"Not well," Riley admitted. "He's back at the transports, cooling off. He was ready to murder Archangel, he still might be."
"Was it really his fault?"
"I don't know. Maybe he made them jump, maybe Cole wouldn't have been able to save her. In the end, it matters little. He blames Archangel, and this is a cut that's hit him deep."

Setton
Group Admin

543290>>543163

I stopped weeping ten minutes ago, my body was numb, cold and numb. My body ached horribly as attempted to move, but couldn't find the strength. My chest hurt with each breath, my shallow breathing left me tired, sleepy.. I relaxed my aching muscles as I sat there, unmoving, and staring at the bullet hole in the wall behind where Blackbane and Orion stood before...Why didn't I just die that day? Seems like ever since I returned, only death follows my path... Why do I even bother with fighting? I've already lost everything. Now, I may have lost everyone that kept me wanting to fly... And if that happens..

I'll have no reason to fly or fight.. And on that day, I'll sign my resignation papers. For the world may be better off without the Archangel after all. I thought sadly, as I closed my eyes, and passed out.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

543290>>543340

As Archangel passed out, the vitals in the Fortitude corresponded.

"Sir... He's gone."

Hawkeye sat with stunned silence. Two of his friends, one a lifelong one, had just died on the raid to take out the Monolyth.

"Right." Hawkeye smashed his head against the Command Dais.

"You okay, sir?"

"Yeah. Yeah, just give me a second." Dammit, Orion. You always had a penchant for saving others first.

"Order all units to get off that wreck. Now. We're destroying that thing."

Archangel lay on the command deck, barely hanging on to the thin strip that kept him anchored to life.

*clop* *clop* *clop*

The sound of hooves striking steel approached the pilot. A nuzzle, and then a sigh.

"His heart rate is irregular. Maybe if you have a... a..."

"A defibrillator? That won't help."

"Got any atropine and adrenaline?"

"Yeah. Just there."

"Great. Grab it, will you?"

Two hooves pressed down on the pilot's chest. Beginning CPR, Archangel mustered his last reserves of energy, to see his saviour.

A blood soaked hoof reached out and pushed the pilot down. "Rest. Your heart isn't beating properly."

Archangel couldn't do anything anyway, so he laid his head back down.

But that millisecond, before the hoof obstructed him, he could swear he saw a flash of brown fur, the lilac eyes, the matted blood.

Ori...

(Lol, didn't know. :derpytongue2: Will explain why later.)

Setton
Group Admin

543290>>543571

(Re-vised & Re-done at 8:31PM GMT)

Or..Ori..Orion..? I questioned sleepily and painfuly as my head lulled about, my eyes blured and unfocused as I attempted to see the two beings before me. My body feel like I was covered in sand, my attempts to extremites were met with little or no response. My mind began to feel like mush, Any complicated thoughts or commands were not followed, finished or started. My legs were like jelly, non-responsive and heavy. My chest burned with pain, like I was inhaling water. And exhaling fire. Every breath was a fight, and so far, I was beginning to lose despite my fight to live. I wanted to speak, but jaw felt like I'd been chewing rubber, and wouldn't move. But I heard a voice, one I haven't heard in years..

Come on Ty, don't die now, not like this.. A-Anthony?

Yeah buddy, I'm here, right here buddy. You.. You died, I watched you die, I watched you get shot down over sands of Moloch..

Tyler, you need to fight, you must fight the pain and live. You hear me? W-what.. But I'm just so damn tired brother, I need a few minutes, just to r-rest my...

NO! Don't close your eyes! FIGHT, FIGHT THAT FEELING! But...

No buts pal. Tyler keep fighting, live for me, for dad.. I-I miss you so much.. W-why can't I see you?.. Even for just a minute, j-just to see dad even..

When the time is right Ty, and when that time comes and your duty is done. Me.. Me and Dad will be waiting, we'll be waiting at the old house, you remember it right? I-I do.. I do... The house in Bathurst. At the end of the path, the white farm house, with the old Spit' in the barn.

Thats right, Little Brother. And when that time comes, we'll be waiting for you on the porch. C-can I talk to dad? Please.. I'm a-assuming it may be a while till we speak or meet again..

The next time speak or meet each-other again until the time is right little guy..

Tyler... ..D-dad.. Is.. Is that you?

It's me son, I'm right here. B-but.. I-I can't see you..

Hahaha, When the time is right, you'll see us again my son. But always know were with you, you may not see us, but we are with you. It's time for us to go my boy, until the time is right, we'll be together again. D-dad? I l-love you...

I love you too Tyler, very, very much. Now, can you make me and your big brother a promise? A very important one my son, that you must do for us. W-what is it D-dad?

live..Live...LIVE! MY SON LIVE FOR US! LIVE!!
live..Live...LIVE! LITTLE BROTHER LIVE FOR US! LIVE!!

i will Live..
I WILL LIVE!
I. WILL. LIVE!!

smoers06
Group Contributor

543692>>543571
"Hey, HEY!" RIley was now shaking his friend. "C'mon Arky, if I can take three bullets to the chest, you can take a little adrenaline!"
~~~
Cole continued to look at the Generator in front of him, glaring at it as if he could destroy it from the inside out using his mind.
"Hey... Are you ok?" Talisman asked.
"No, no I'm not," He shot back. "I just want to blow this thing to hell, and be done with it, then go back to the mainland and kick the Solars off our land."

(Little self promotion here, but if you wouldn't mind taking the time to check this out. I worked hard on it, and want to know if I did good.)

Setton
Group Admin

544793>>543571
I Will Live... I gasped for air as my head began to clear, but my body wouldn't move, like I was all rubber and gelatin. My eyes wouldn't focus well, but I could see two blobs, one tall and one short, One Green and one brown. And the feeling of sleep was gone. Only great sorness, pain, and confusion remained..

"Wri-ry, Wriby..? Wuhmursibumwhpmnd..." My jaw and tongue felt numb, like I'd had been to a dentist a dozen times.

"Moo..Hrwo..Whoo...reside u. Ann.. Ad..wha..happthnnd?" I lazed out, my speech barely understandable.

(Part 3)

Shattered Skies was sitting in the Fortitude’s galley, slowly eating a pair of lettuce and tomato sandwiches. Once the transport had landed and Orion had been carted off to surgery with Cole and Talisman following after her, he had chosen to go and grab something to eat. While he hoped that Orion would recover, he didn’t see the point in waiting around doing nothing. On his way to the galley, he had stopped by the war room where he reported to Sky Eye on his condition. Though most people wouldn’t have noticed it, Shattered could tell that he was relieved. Now he was filling his empty belly, something he hadn’t done since he had taken off from the Gryphon’s Aeronautical Research center. With the spare time, he found himself reflecting on past events. He could have ended up like Orion, slowly dying as doctors cut him open in a desperate attempt to save him. Shattered shuttered at the thought, partly because he hated the idea of cutting any living thing open, and partly because he had no idea how he would react. Would anyone wait in the waiting room for him? His squadron and Dualshock probably would, as would Cole, but he couldn’t think of anyone else. Now that Shattered thought about it, he was surprised to see the Cole had bonded so quickly with Orion. Maybe life threatening situations had the effect on people. Thinking back, that is how he and Cole and initially become acquainted.

Back during the continental war, Equagga had constructed a massive missile launch facility called Megalith. The weapon was capable shooting down asteroid fragments, causing them to rain down upon the world. The humans correctly identified it as a global threat, not just a threat to ISAF, so they offered covert support in the event that is should ever become active. Sure enough, the Equaggans activated it after their capital fell in a last ditch attempt to destroy ISAF. The ensuing battle involved the newly formed Mobius Squadron, a group of ISAF and human commandoes, and a human squadron. The Equaggans defended Megalith with the final remnants of their air force, including the famed Yellow Squadron. It was the human squadron’s job to pull away as many enemy forces as they could while his squadron supported the commandoes as they took the sub-control room and opened up the missile silos so that the missiles could be destroyed along with the facility itself.

Shattered could remember clearly that he had shot past Yellow squadron to destroy the generators that were preventing the commandoes from breaching the sub-control room. The human squadron had done its job, leaving only Yellow squadron to defend Megalith. As the rest of Mobius squadron fended off the Yellows, he flew inside the massive facility three times, destroying a generator on each pass. As he emerged from the third pass, one of the Yellows had slipped away and was now directly in front of him. With it so close, there was no way to dodge its missiles, but it never got the chance to fire. Cole flew in and shot the Yellow down before it could end Shattered’s life. With the generators down, the commandoes opened up the missile silos and he flew in for one final time destroying the central missile and the entire facility. Even though he had done it as quickly as he could, it hadn’t stopped Charlie 1 from getting wiped out nor did it stop Riley from getting shot as the commandoes attempted to hold the area round the sub-control room. Afterwards, he thanked Cole for his help and they had sat down and swapped stories, during which he developed a strong respect for Cole.

Respect. Not friendship. Shattered frowned at that. That choice of wording showed that Shattered had never really considered anyone a friend. He had always respected others or trusted them, but never had he truly consider someone to be a friend. He respected his fellow pilots and trusted his squadron mates, but he didn’t think of them as friends. Before he could contemplate his situation further, Shattered’s hoof hit any empty plate. He had eaten both sandwiches without noticing. The noise brought him out of his thoughts. Now back in reality, Shattered realized how exhausted he was both physically, and mentally, but mostly mentally. He let out a yawn and placed his head upon the now empty plate. Surely a nap wouldn’t hurt?

----

The clatter of many hooves on steel woke Shattered from his nap. He stretched his back and stood up before trotting out of the galley and into the hallway. He spotted the last few ponies of what must have been a much larger group as they rounded the corner. The blue pegasus grimaced. This couldn’t bode well.

He followed the herd of ponies as they moved through the ship until they came upon one of the hangars. Suddenly the entire herd dispersed, heading for various aircraft spread out around the hangar. Shattered realized that they were all pilots. Something was definitely not right. He turned to one of the less occupied ponies and asked “What’s going on?”

“Haven’t you heard? The Yukes are attacking. All pilots are to report to their aircraft. We’re scrambling everything we’ve got.”

Shattered was only a little surprised at the news. He had expected there to be a little more time before a counter attack, but this war was moving faster than any previous war he had ever read about. Shattered looked around the hangar bay and noticed that it didn’t look familiar. “What hangar am I in?”

“Hangar two.” The pony replied without turning away from his work.

Shattered Skies sighed. He could never be in the right place, could he?

----

The sight of hangar suddenly reminded him of one crucial fact. As he looked around he realized that he had no plane to fly. He had given his X-02 to Mobius 6. He continued to search the hangar looking for something to fly but the only things left were support craft, dropships and a few fighters he couldn’t even identify, never mind pilot. Disappointed, he turned around and left the hangar. At least he’d be able to watch in the war room.

----

Shattered stared at the hologram of the battle taking place just outside of the ship, trying to keep track of every friendly arrow as they twisted and turned among a flurry of red. Every time an aircraft disappeared, a beep would sound and a board would update with the information on what type of aircraft and who it belonged to. Occasionally Shattered would spot some action that would coincide with the radio chatter, such as Cole stealing Northern’s kill and Orion destroying nine aircraft at once. As he continued to scan the map, he noticed a grey arrow appear in the northern area, heading towards the fight.

"This is GhostEye to all aircraft. Unidentified lone aircraft on heading one-eight-zero, bearing south, flying at flight level four-zero." Archangel smiled, Time to acknowledge a dead legend...
He switched his comms to be receivable on all channels, and spoke..
"Fader vår som som är i himmelen helgat varde ditt namn
Tillkomme ditt rike ske din vilja
Såsom i himmelen så ock uppå jorden ge oss bröd ock idag
Och förlåt oss våran skuld..
Som jag Archangelsk, bli dödsängeln..."

Shattered was completely baffled. He had no idea what this mystery aircraft had just said. He didn’t even know what language that was. It was obvious that everyone else did not share this ignorance judging by the radio chatter. Even with his confusion, it became quickly apparent that this pilot, Archangel, was an ally as the grey aircraft became blue.

As the fight continued, the new pilot demonstrated just how good he was. His maneuvers were well executed and his kill count was quickly rising, a fact that he was glad to share with the others. His demeanor reminded Shattered of himself when he was the new hotshot ace of ISAF during the continental war. At least until what occurred at Faith Park. Shattered shuddered and quickly repressed those memories before returning his attention to the battle. Now the number of red arrows had thinned greatly, and the battle was winding down. Most of the friendly aircraft were returning to the Fortitude while the major squadrons stayed behind and began to pick off the last of the enemy. Suddenly the last 12 enemy aircraft disappeared from the map all at once. Shattered’s eyes bulged at the sheer power of whatever had hit those planes.

"Splash multiple.. Seems clear at this time, AWACS confirm?"
"...Splash confirmed." GhostEye said. "All aircraft, RTC."

Sure enough, the holographic map was completely without hostiles. Shattered glanced over his shoulder at the board and was relieved to find that the allies had taken light casualties and that none of those were from any of the ISAF squadrons.

“Captain Skies?” Somepony called out from with the room. Shattered looked around before spotting a radio officer beckoning him over. “Your AWACS Sky Eye has a message for you. He says it’s important.”

Shattered walked over and took the radio headset, placing it comfortably upon his head. “Hello? Sky Eye, do you read?”

“This is Sky Eye. Mobius 1 is that you?”

“Yes.”

“What’s his favorite beer?”

Shattered rolled his eyes. He wasn’t sure if Dualshock was being serious, or if he was just messing with him. Either way, he gave his response. “Root beer. Now, would you care to tell me the important message?”

“ISAF command is pulling its forces back to Axel Bay to be rearmed and refitted.”

Shattered was surprised to hear this. “Why?”

“The fleet took serious damage from the Yukes’ burst missile and most of the squadrons, besides Mobius and Omega, are running low on fuel and ammunition. The fleet is already heading towards the mainland and several tankers have been dispatched to ensure the rest of the 118th makes it home.”

“I can’t comply with that order. I don’t have an aircraft to fly.” He also didn’t want everyone else thinking that he had abandoned them.

“What about the human aircraft the Mobius 6 flew?”

If Shattered had face-hoofed any harder, his leg would’ve have gone through his head. He could have joined in the battle, but he had completely forgotten about the human F-15C that had been given to Brick. “I had forgotten about that plane. I’ll be joining the formation ASAP.”

“Good. Also, let whoever is in command know that ISAF is also offering Axel Bay as a safe port for the use of any our allies, should they need to make repairs.”

“I will. See you soon. Mobius 1 out.” Shattered took off the headset and approached a very focused Hawkeye. “ISAF has made Axel bay available should anyone need repairs.” He just nodded so Shattered began trotting to the hangar.

----

Upon reaching hangar four, Shattered began scanning the space again, this time looking for human markings rather than NLR ones. Even with all of the hustle in preparation for the landing aircraft, he quickly spotted the out of place Eagle. He quickly approached, since he wanted to leave before all of the other planes started trying to land. To his relief, the plane was already prepared for takeoff. He wasted no time in climbing into the unfamiliar cockpit. While it had been hastily modified for equine use, Shattered didn’t feel very comfortable being outside of a control cradle. Ignoring his discomfort, he quickly started up the plane. The technicians and crew members were initially confused, but they cooperated and Shattered soon was in the air with the rest of the 118th tactical fighter wing, on the way back to the mainland.

----

The fleet was well away from the Fortitude by the time Sky Eye let him know that the Monolyth had attacked. Shattered’s mood was the worst it had been in a long time. He had abandoned his fellow pilots when they need him most. He had abandoned Cole when he was needed most. As much as he tried to put such depressing thoughts out of his mind, he couldn’t. The human plane he was flying was a constant reminder of who he had left behind.

(End of part 3)

(Well, that's it. I am caught up. Since ISAF really hasn't played much of a role, I have decided to back them off until someone decides to incorporate them.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

544793>>544837>>545178

"Hey, hey. Calm down, before you shoot anyone else." Orion watched the pilot in front of her slur.

"My job here is done. I'm going to leave." The ghost whispered in her head.

"Thanks, Luna. Without your guidance, I may not have known to quickly grab the radio spar." Orion gave a mental wink.

"Welcome, Commander. Try not to die anytime soon, eh?" The mental image faded.

Orion turned to Riley. "Hey, um, thanks. For sticking around."

"Yeah. But I thing I don't understand... Why?"

Orion pointed to the tied Stallion behind them. "His grenade. I remember. They aren't standard. It was a HE charge. It would have taken out everyone inside the room. And there was a dead trigger on it, meaning once his heart stopped, the grenade blew. No way to stop it."

"I see."

The Monolyth shuddered.

"Damn. They're starting to destroy this thing."

"Let's get of this bucket."

Setton
Group Admin

545637>>544793

I frowned, or at least I felt like I did at Orions comment about me shooting someone. I knew that would bite me in the ass later, but I did do it stupidly in my.. State. But in that situation, I was compromised, and she knew what was best. And did just that.. Except it nearly took her life, and almost cost me two friends. But we still had to get to the transports, and find ourselfs medical attention, since Orion had bad injuries from what I saw earlier, and I still had three major problems..

I could barely talk, could hardly see and likely couldn't walk or stand because of exhaustion and pain.. That last one needs testing.

The other two were improving, but VERY slowly. and I'd rather not wait for them to get better while this tub is being scuttled. I stared at the green blob, which I had figured for Riley. And decided to share, the very best I could anyway, my current problems. If Amber saw me like this now...

"Wribry..." I said horribly. This may be harder than I thought.. Wait, that might work. As an idea floated in my head. I hope I remember the proper signals

"Yeah Arky?" He kneeled down, likely looking at me.

I sighed, and began, quite painfuly, using hand signals to tell him the three issues that I had.. I just hope that my likely rough and badly done handcode would get the message across.

"Oh.. That's not good." No really Mavis?.. I thought it was good news!..

"Yarr.." I slurred. Yeah, she might just lose it..

"What is it? What did he say?" Orion asked, her blob approaching me.

"We've got a small problem.." Riley explained.

"Mell NARR smhit smrrmock.." Smooth.. Slurred and likely making me look like an ass.

Setton
Group Admin

545637>>544793

"Hush Archangel, now what were you saying?" She questioned, her blurred form beside me. Even though rubbing my eyes heavily was reducing the blur, it was very slow going. And my mouth's feeling began to return as I caused pain by biting my tongue. I listened as he explained our problem of just upping and leaving to Orion, but as he did. I started to feel the full weight of exhaustion upon me, and began to feel very tired again..

"Hey Arky you there?" I lazily looked up to Rileys fuzzy face as a familiar tunnel began to form. I struggled to keep my eyes open, but each blink, they stayed closed longer.

"The Adrenaline is wearing off, we must hurry." Orion stated, as I felt a hoof brush my cheek. I struggled to say something, but couldn't, no matter the effort, my body said 'No'.

"Alright, hold on buddy, I've got ya." I let my head roll around on my neck as Riley picked me up, and put me into a fireman's carry. I normally would protest, but I couldn't, I was just too damn sore and tired to fight. I closed my eyes, and listened to the rushed sounds around me, and felt the movment from Riley as he began to run..

"Archangel, stay with us!" Orion shouted, her cries along with Riley's fading into the darkness as the cold embraced me once more.. And I found myself surrounded by cold and darkness.

P-please.. Help me..

A-archangel.. H-help...

Who's there?

Please.. Find me, to stop the suffering.. The bloodshed, the fighting...

Again, Who is this?

Tyler.. P-please... H-help me...

I can't help you if I don't know you, so tell me, what is your name?

I A-always remember a fallen soldier unique i-in history...

...Celestia? --------------------------------------------------------------------
(Meh, just a twist, if not liked, I can remove it/change it)

smoers06
Group Contributor

549423>>545178>>545637
(I like it, opens many doors for the Federation in terms of story)
Cole and Talisman sat in the Transport, waiting for their friends to arrive.
Even though they learned that Orion was still alive, Cole was still livid at Archangel.
But the pilot was too exhausted to act on that anger.
Instead, he chose to close his eyes, and reflect on how he got here.

~~~
It all really started right after he graduated from the flight academy, where he had met Talisman.
That was also when the Asteroids had started falling.
Like many other nations, the UHF became proactive in dealing with the threat. The Federation built an enormous Mass Accelerator Cannon to shoot down the asteroids.
It had successful.
Except for the fact that the space rocks had brought the damned Plague with them.
Officially named the "Andranoma Strain", the plague affected humans across the globe, as it did not seem to affect Equines.
Before anyone knew it, half of humanity had already been infected.
Their medicines could do nothing to stop it, the plague baffled the scientific community.
Desperate and out of options, the Federation turned to Equestria and their magic.
Princess Celestia agreed to help. Soon, Unicorns were all over the Federation, using their magic to heal the infected, within weeks, the Plague vanished for good.
Grateful, humanity vowed to lend their new friends the vast power of their military, the Federation claiming that Equestria was now under its protection.
That was about the time Cole was stationed in Equestria, put in an Air Base outside the small town of Ponyville.
For a couple of years, all was well.
But the Griffin Empire cared not for what humanity claimed.
They made Chemical strikes on human bases all over Equestria, crippling the Federation defenders. They followed up with a massive invasion leaving only a handful of human defenders, including Rogue Squadron to help their Equine friends.
In the end, the Federation ordered the total evacuation of their forces from Equestria, hoping to rally them for a counter-attack.
Unfortunately, that's when the rest of the world decided it would be an excellent time to start killing one another.
Estokia and Emmeria, two independent human nations, had gone to war.
With Estovakia using Super-Weapons, Emmeria turned to UHF, mostly by the urging of Talisman, a UHF-Trained Emmerian pilot.
The UHF agreed to help, provided at the end of the War Emmeria would join the Federation.
The new Alliance Counter-attacked, destroying the Chandelier and forcing Estovakia to surrender and join the Federation.
After that, Humanity was finally free to join in the war against the Griffins alongside Equestria and ISAF. The Griffins finally surrendered, but the war was not over, not yet.
They made their last strike against Megalith, the strike that had nearly cost the lives of Talisman, Riley, and Dare.
But it was over, it was finally over
Two years later, Cole had attended the wedding between Talisman and Riley, and it gave him hope, knowing he had secured a future without war.
He never imagined he could be so wrong.
~~~
"Gentlemen, give me the quick version."
"Yes Mr. President."
"We've managed to drive the enemy back to the harbor in Coronet, and the 5th and 7th fleets have boxed in the Solar Fleet in Coronet harbor, but we lack the resources to take it out completely. We have Gracemeria surrounded, but they have a large force protecting it. We've also managed to get Reinforcements to Estovakia, and we're now engaged in a bitter ground war. We won't be able to drive them back ourselves."
"... Contact ISAF."
"Is that wise sir? They may still harbor ill feelings for us after-"
"We don't have a choice," The President cut him off. "We need their help to drive back the invasion."

Setton
Group Admin

550379>>545637

Anger, rage, hate, resentment.. Sadness. All those feelings bubbled within me as I heard the Devils voice, and asking ME for help of all things, after everything shes done..

Y-yes, please.. help me.

You ruined my life, destroyed my family, shattered my relationship, took my home and country from me, and are using the organization... THAT WE CREATED IN THE NAME OF FREEDOM AND PEACE, AS TOOLS IN THE WAR THAT YOU STARTED, THAT YOU ARE FIGHTING WITH ME, MY FRIENDS, AND MY BROTHERS N' SISTERS-IN-ARMS! WHY, WHY IN THE GODS NAME, SHOULD I EVER HELP YOU? THE FUCKING MONSTER WHO COST. ME. EVERYTHING!

A-archangel.. You must understand, t-that wasn't and isn't me! You, a-and the world are being played!

And why the fuck should I believe you...

Do you really t-think I'd sacrifice what we did t-together, and what we h-had together, only to destroy it in war? Do you?.. T-think upon that Tyler, please, realize and see the real enemy in this! P-please.. For m-me.. For all I want n-now, is to hold my sister. And end t-this nightmare that I endure..

My body pain and exhaustion returned as her voice faded away, leaving me filled with mixed emotions. And a mind clouded with thoughts and questions.. Especially what Celestia said, about why she'd sacrifice everything...

"..ow's he doing Riley?" Orion voice echoed softly as I began to feel and hear again.

"H-he's barely breathing, I hardly feel his heartbeat. Come on Arch, stay with us!" Riley spoke, his voice echoing in my head, distant and softly, as I struggled to do what he asked.. The striking of boots and hoofs against steel as he carried me, his ragged breathing, along with Orions made me feel so.. Horrible. W-when this is done.. I owe them a beer

"TALISMAN, COLE, give me a hand, I *Pant* need some help over here!" Riley shouted, as a wave of great pain shot through my chest, eliciting a loud groan from me as I dazed back between the lines of Light and Darkness...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

550379>>550780>>545178

Orion looked on with increasing worry as the pilot on her back faded. She could sense the confusion emanating off Archangel.

"Let's go." The pilots shouted as the transport dusted off and left the hanger. And not a minute too soon.

Just as they vacated the hanger, several anti-ship missiles took their place and began the process of gutting the beast.

"Phew. Close one." Skybolt murmured, watching the flaming Monolyth begin to break apart.

Orion nodded, looking out the open hatch.

"May you rest...in quiet slumber." She whispered, remembering the line from a war long past.

The whole gang was in Orion's room, looking at a tired Archangel lying on her bed.

Archangel might not be completely healed, but he had enough control over his faculties to describe what Celestia had told him.

"Hmm... Interesting." Orion murmured.

"How do we know she's even right?" Talisman was clearly worked up.

"It fits right in... She's not in control..." Orion got up and wandered to a cupboard.

She pulled out two boxes hidden inside. It had a strange symbol on it, like a capital 'A', but with an extra dash at the bottom.

"Maybe... Maybe Cerberus isn't the only one's in for domination..." Orion opened the first box, revealing a dove white cloak and two old fashioned gauntlets. She opened the second, and revealed a more modern cloak, with many gadgets on the side.

"What do you mean?" Cole asked.

Orion looked around the room, before asking quietly. "How much do you humans know about the Brotherhood of Assassins?"

(Just completed AC 3, thought that since Cerb was aiming for world domination... They shouldn't be alone.)

smoers06
Group Contributor

(Sure, we already have a Mass Effect reference, lets put assassins creed in too haha)
"Why should we trust Celestia?" Cole asked.
"Because it makes sense."
"It does?"
"Yes." Riley started motioning with his hands. "Think about it. Princess Celestia saved humanity, not asking for anything in return, the same Princess who led both humans and ponies in the war against the Griffins, urging us all to not abandon our morals just because of war. Then, when peace is declared, she suddenly becomes a warmongering Tyrant who starts declaring war on everyone? Forcing her own sister to start a civil war?"
"It does seem kinda strange when you put it like that..." The Pair turned to Orion, who had some very interesting objects out.

"How much do you humans know about the Brotherhood of Assassins?"

The two humans looked at her for a moment, wondering whether or not she was serious. Finally, Riley answered,
"Uh, just a few rumors and stories that Equestrian troops would tell during the last war. They're a shadow group that answers to no government, operating and taking down targets of their own directive. But everyone I talked to said they were just stories, nothing more."

• Viewing 201 - 250 of 319