Project ACES 167 members · 70 stories
Comments ( 109 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 109

1251748>>1140887

I take it this RP is dead, then?

Setton
Group Admin

I have no clue, lass. This Canuck has been brain-fried for the past week...

It's safe to say this RP is now considerably banjaxed.

Setton
Group Admin

*Sigh* Damn, this wasn't a bad one either.

Setton
Group Admin

1314102>>1266797>>1168747

I Shan't allow this small, promising tale to fall short because of a lack of activity, neigh?! Why? Because, fellow commoner, you friendly neighborhood Canadian is here!

It's been... shit, I really couldn't say at this point. It's been a few hours, at least, since they've cuffed my ass and shoved me into this lowly interrogation room. A few stallions have come by, all of them have left the same way they entered.

Looking for answers amidst a sea of questions.

And that is how it'll stay, for until I deem it right for them to know what little knowledge I have. It isn't much, however, a few more years in the cage is worth it compared to what would happen if they discovered the true purpose of that demon weapon.

I knew of its purpose, hell, it was the core to a much larger device. One that was mounted beneath a CF-188 Hornet of the Royal Equestrian Air Force, one that I flew long ago.

Heh, Commander Windhover, flight lead of the Eighth Division, Fifteenth Squadron of the Royal Equestrian Air Force... arrested and charged with possession of a weaponized device of unknown power, smuggling, lying, and whatever other bullshit they can attach to my rap sheet. All of that is at least a five-year sentence in the cages. Three if they assign my sorry old bones to the forced-labour detail. HA! Shoveling sheep shit for three years, isn't that familiar...

I'm not worried by the fact that they have the package, not in the slightest really. It's only if there is another old buzzard from the old world that has experience with this kind of weapon system, that is what I'm worried about.

Even then, it's only the core device... the rest of the weapon, well. That isn't my responsibility.

With the room dead quiet, and the one-way mirror lacking anypony behind it's cold reflection. I started softly singing an old tune we sang when some of us were stationed to Royal Equestrian Air Force Station Alert, in the distant lands of the Frozen North.

"Ah, for just one time I would take the Northwest Passage
To find the hoof of Franklin reaching for the Beaufort Sea;
Tracing one warm line through a land so wide and savage
And make a northwest passage to the sea.

Westward from the Davis Strait 'tis there 'twas said to lie
The sea route to the Orient for which so many died;
Seeking gold and glory, leaving weathered, broken bones
And a long-forgotten lonely cairn of stones.

Ah, for just one time I would take the Northwest Passage

Three centuries thereafter, I take passage overland
In the footsteps of brave Kelso, where his "sea of flowers" began
Watching cities rise before me, then behind me sink again
This tardiest explorer, driving hard across the plain.

And through the night, behind the wheel, the mileage clicking west
I think upon Mackenzie, David Thompson and the rest
Who cracked the mountain ramparts and did show a path for me
To race the roaring Fraser to the sea.

How then am I so different from the first stallions through this way?
Like them, I left a settled life, I threw it all away.
To seek a Northwest Passage at the call of many stallions
To find there but the road back home again.

And make a northwest passage to the sea."

Come on! Kick-start your hearts, and lets do this!

"Greetings, Orin."

Orin growled at the being that had teleported into the Tank barracks. "...Hello, Mako."

General Mako, the 15 year old black haired bane of Orin's existence, sat down on her Vintage T-90 Battle Tank and laughed. "Hello to you too, you lovable Homicidal Maniac. How did Concordia go?"

"Absolutely and utterly terrible." Orin grumbled, flicking through the pages of her newspaper. "There's no good stories in the newspapers anymore. Just tabloids and General Kendra's Sweet tooth controversy."

"The Times have really gone downhill recently." Mako agreed. "Speaking of Downhill, The Emperor has lost trust in you after you managed to FUBAR the whole Concordia Operation. Then there's the fact that you left my M9 pistol back at the base you just left." Mako said, lowering herself into the tank turret, her crew already inside and awaiting orders.

"Stellar." Orin rolled her eyes, flicking to page 9 of her newspaper.

"I have some stuff to collect at the abandoned base. And please try not to mess up your next mission. You're making me look bad." Mako said. Orin looked up at her with a deadpan expression.

"Ok, Mako, you go ahead and do what ever you're doing. But if you annoy me one more time, I'll tell the Times about your sister's perverse tendencies."

"...Your opinion has been noted. I'll be off now." Mako said, before ducking down, pulling down the tank hatches and driving off.

Orion weakly opened her eyes, noticing the young black haired human girl in front of her.

"Dang, Orin went to town on you." The human said, before walking over and unshackling Orin. "Time to get you back to your own side, Pegasu---errr, Ex-Pegasus. Should I call you an Earth Pony?" The Human asked, the last thing Orion heard before she lost consciousness.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1591036>>1595597

"Satellite nearly in position."
"All arrays aligned."
"Target locked."
"It's on the move."
"Pod away, compensating for movement."
"Slight coil hysteresis in reactor. Readjusting."
"Encountering atmosphere. Retrograde rockets firing."
"Confirmed. Popping parachutes."
"Ten thousand."
"Fuel flow increasing. Retardation at seventy percent of speed."
"Five thousand."
"Maximum retrograde."
"Five hundred."
"Locking down cores."
"Impact."
"Running diagnostics... Everything checks out. Payload secure."
"SPYDER concurs."
"REPTYLE concurs."
"NYTE concurs."
"Actual concurs. Delivery successful. Pod detonation registered."

Viewed from the ground, the SPYDER satellite soared gracefully overhead, a tiny glimmer of light in the sky.

A lone light broke off from it, starting a parabolic decent towards the ground. Silently growing larger, the colourful lights of re-entry burned bright against the metal tube.

Within seconds, the tube grew tenfold in size, soaring with deadly accuracy, dropping down upon the abandoned base.

Some described the impact as 'a glorious flash of heat and light.'

Others did not live to tell the tale.

The tube impacted with a force of a small bunker buster, cracking the roof open and falling down the subterranean passageways. Anything outside that was not bolted down was instantly blown away with just the force of impact alone.

The careful calculations of the REPTYLE onboard computer gave the tube enough speed and energy to penetrate roof of Orion's prison just barely, with the tube falling to the ground with a rather anti-climatic "tink".

NYTE took over, identifying the objects in the immediate vicinity. Registering the proper user, it also detected several organisms within range of the user, perceiving them as 'threats'. Using about a handful of explosives, it popped the cover, firing the useless pieces into the 'threat' with just enough force to incapacitate, not kill.

Inert nitrogen gas flowed out of the tube, emptying the gases that had been in there for about ten years.

Orion 'awoke' when she heard the detonation, knowing fully what the tube entailed.

"Somebody is digging up old graves again..." She muttered as the condensation dissipated.

Short bursts of thrust propelled the olden-looking pieces of armour to her, each slotting over each other to build the suit. Orion just hung there, waiting as the systems ran diagnostics.

>Ready

She flexed once, and the powerful servos of the suit allowed her to snap the restraining chains quickly. She landed on the ground, crouching.

>Warning, severe injury to wings. Dispensing sedative.

"Belay, dispense painkiller and healing field." She ordered. The medical dispenser on her left hip whirred as it registered her command.

"Is FlyteGear still compatible?" She asked.

>Compatible.

"Attach." The small backpack flew out of the pod, attaching to where her wings once were.

Standing on her hind legs, she pointed to the hole the pod created.

"Ignite."

The backpack obeyed, extending out to form an outline of wings using thin metal strips. Magic flowed into the reactor, fuelling it even though Orion was not a Unicorn.

A loud burst and the burning magic filled in the gaps of the wings, creating two navy-blue, ghostly wings.

She jumped up, launching herself up and out.

The tunnel was pretty long, but it ended abruptly as she departed at two times the speed of sound.

Hovering above the base revealed that the bipedal creatures had suffered greatly form the impact. She dropped down, looking very regal in the aged armour.

Twin swords flew into her hooves from a sheath on her right, building up to become short but sharp one meter Backswords. The sharp edges glinted in the radioactive sunlight.

She approached the fallen. Choosing one that looked alive, she approached it, still standing bipedal.

"Tell me, where do you come from? Which direction and how far?" She smashed a blade into the ground behind the creature, leaning on it.

"I won't tell you! Never!"

She curb-stomped its leg. The sound of the bone shattering was surprisingly soft.

A long drawn out scream came from the creatures mouth.

She bent down, and using a metal clad hoof, tilted its face up to look at hers. She could see the look of pure fear.

"Next will be your other leg, then your arms, both of them. And then I get creative."

Within seconds, she had her answer.

"Back to Concordia, I guess." Setting the autopilot, she suddenly felt a pang of pain. Exertion after losing limbs ain't exactly healthy.

The suit took off, with it's occupant in an unconscious state.

Hey dudes and lasses. I have exams coming up within... 58 days. These aren't normal exams, these determine my choice of subjects for the next two years and indirectly my job for the rest of my life.

Please forgive if my contributions are sporadic and short.

Orin looked at the satellite view of what was left of the base. The platoon Orin had loaned Mako was well nigh annihilated, and Mako had seen the pony fly off. Several seconds later, a unicorn had teleported in and grabbed Mako, before teleporting away again.

"...Sir?" a soldier asked.

"Acceptable losses. Mako was not the most professional General in our forces. Tell Commander Minase to go ahead and attack that underground pony base." (The one that Windhover is in)

"And if she fails?" The soldier asked.

"Then we up the ante and call in our magical Brethren. I heard the N.E.R and the Changelings each have a force that rivals that of the Stalkers."

General Shiori Minase of the Third Europan Army opened the tank turret and looked out, her long white hair having interrupted operations inside the tank. The lieutenant of the Infantry force accompanying her Tank Division hopped up onto the Tank chassis.

"Rough area, isn't it?" The lieutenant asked.

"You don't have to say it, Lieutenant. Some of the landscape here reminds me of that national park on Madagascar hundreds of years ago. The Stalkers do know where to put a base. Lieutenant, The Tank treads probably aren't going to last long on the group up ahead."

The Lieutenant looked at the field of razor sharp spikes jutting several inches out of the ground blocking their progress. "Touché, Commander."

"Headcount." Shiori said, looking at her forces. "15 T-34s, 5 IS-2s, and...how many soldiers do you have?"

"250, sir."

"....A narrow margin if you ask me......Wait, 250? I'm only seeing 15."

The Lieutenant looked around, seeing 15 soldiers puzzled by the fact that 235 soldiers had vanished into thin air. In fact, the 235 soldiers had seen something coming and ran for it.

"Cowards, I'll get them later. Now, Lieutenant, about the road up a.......head....." Shiori looked at the Lieutenant to see a tranquiliser dart sticking out of neck before he toppled over, unconscious. The 15 soldiers were themselves knocked out, and most of the tank crews had been captured by the stalkers, while 3 IS-2s and 1 T-34 had escaped.

Shiori had little time to take all of this in before there was a knife to her throat.

"Hello there, human." A voice hissed into her ear. You be good and say nothing. We'll put your soldiers in the common cells, but we're throwing yourself into the same dungeon as a very troublesome arms smuggler. And sooner or later Commander Orion will be along to interrogate you. From what I hear, she just lost her wings to a human, so I'm sure the two of you will get along juuust fine.

All Shiori could do was blanch in terror. Then she thought, "Orin, if I get out of this, you're dead!"

Mako, I think, will end up at the Stalker prison.

Shiori also looks like this.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Windhover is in Concordia, under the Spectre HQ Tower, with seventy layers of ten meter thick blast-concrete suspended with electrified impact gel inbetween the layers. It'll take more than a few nuclear bombs to make it past layer Twenty. However there is the Concordian Solar Facility about three klicks from Concordia. Heavy defence with at least three Spectre teams, Seven Defender teams, three M1A3 Heavy Tanks with rocket pods and one single Apache Attack Helicopter. Basic base defences, couple of Turrets. Expecting an attack on this installation 1599922

I didn't know that. Thanks for just telling your fortress Specifications.

(Copies and pastes)

"What's the specs on their Solar facility?" A Lieutenant asked.

"..."

"Tactical Nuke time, General Miyashiro?"

"Yes please."

When Orion woke up, the first thing she saw was the Mushroom cloud spreading out from the Solar facility, everything there reduced to ash.

Most of the Spectre units were running around in a panic, Mako stayed in the Europan's cell while Berlitz and the Europan Soldiers made a break for it, (getting approximately 4 feet before several rubber bullets slammed into them) while Shiori was thrown into Windhover's cell by two very perturbed unicorns.

Setton
Group Admin

1609441>>1599026

Here's a tip by your local Canadian. Don't forget sunscreen when going to an airshow. Seriously. I'm burned worse than blackened toast... at least I have plenty of booze here! (It slightly helps)

Good God almighty, where are they? I've been through enough of this to know when they're fuckin' slow or late! To say that I wasn't overly pleased, would be an understatement. I knew a few hours, or at least several have past since my internment into the interrogation room. But, considering the fact that nopony had bothered to return, or observe through the glass, meant that my best guess would be I was forgotten about.

"... he's in here, sir." I lifted my head as the heavy steel door creaked open, revealing three figures in complete combat gear. Their battered rifles fixed upon my chest, while an equally aged stallion much alike myself, calmly entered the room.

"Centennial, aged forty-seven, arrested for smuggling and falsified information." He rambled, as his cold blue eyes climbed from his clipboard to meet my own.

"You're in luck, Centy, we've a proper cell available. And better yet, you'll have a... "friend" to share it with." I could feel my stomach wrench at the sight of his yellowed, broken smile. His two subordinates stepping forward with weapons drawn as they modified my shackles.

With a few clicks, and a few strikes later I found myself limping along down the cold, unwelcoming corridors of the holding wing. The heavy, re-enforced concrete walls providing a strong feeling of uneasiness as we continued down a labyrinth of hallways and checkpoints. Any hope of escaping by force, faded by the seconds.

"Oh don't worry, you're not staying in here. These are reserved for the most dangerous, high-priority prisoners. Considering the fact you've been... cooperative, and behaved. You'll be going somewhere a lil' more special." Those words from the equally ancient stallion, didn't rest easy with my burned out nerves.

We walked for a while, I started to notice the change in scenery as we descended deeper into the earth. As the heavy, bland concrete switched over to mouldy, cracked, and water stained brick. The heavy metal cell doors already well rusted from neglect, and lack of use.

"Here we are, buzzard, and enjoy your company!" I felt myself kicked to the floor, as my shackles were removed and I was thrown into my newest cell with a heavy toss, as the heavy door slammed behind me. However, instead of landing harshly on the cold stone. I found myself on top of a warm, mushy creature. One that seemed very displeased to being used as a cushion.

"MRPH!"

"Sorry, not like I was intending to do that." I grunted, as I lifted myself from the woman's body. I recognized her kind, although, I hadn't see one of them in a couple of years. I would say since Stalliongrad, and that was quite awhile back.

"Mmmrph, Mmph..." I stepped back cautiously, and took a moment to observe in the meager light, the awkwardly laid out woman.

She was laid out like a plank, with arms and legs tightly bound to her body with heavy rope, to the point which the heavy rope split her skin in a few places on her exposed legs. While her mouth was stuffed with a rag, and taped partially closed with cellophane tape. I could feel her eyes burning a hole into my own as I limped my way to her.

"Relax now, I aren't going to hurt ya. Compared to those assholes, I'm quite the nice fella. So, try to be patient and I'll see if I can get ya untangled." Her gaze eased slightly, as my eyes wandered her battered form. Whoever captured her, didn't spare her any mercy in regards to treatment. Considering the sorry state of her uniform, or what's left of it, if that's anything to go by.

I released a heavy sigh as I looked at her, "Shit, it seems that the knots are on your back. So try to refrain from kickin' me while I do this, okay?" She gave a muffled groan as I nudged her with my muzzle, slowly rolling her onto her stomach.

"They weren't too kind to you now, were they?" I mumbled, as I stared for a moment at the marks of abuse on her back. My eyes drifted down her back, to her rather... er... "plump" rump. Which revealed one of two things.

The master knot... and the fact that those pricks didn't overly care for her decency.

I could feel my face flush, as I noted the alabaster fabric of her... undergarments. Wow, it's been a long while since I've- wait a minute, focus! I knew I couldn't untie the rope with my hoofs, I lacked the touch for it. So, that left one option... one I wasn't overly looking forward too. At least my teeth are still sharp. I swallowed hard, and braced for a fight to free her.

"I'm jus' going to say this ahead of time, I'm sorry."

"Mmpfh...? MMMPH!!"

1624060 Shiori's 15. Most of the Europan General are in their teens.
Also, School's started over here. I will make time to comment, but expect the posts to be short.

"What the...? Crazy Pony!" Shiori thought as the pony limped over. "And what are you going to do?" She continued as the pony looked at her, before turning her on her stomach.
"Wait. Wait wait wait, what are you....Don't do thaaaaa-"

Windhover succeeded in getting off the knot, but received a slap from a very embarrassed Shiori. Then the door opened and Mako got thrown in onto the both of them, leading to a pileup of pony and Europan.

Mako, with her uniform intact, looked at Shiori and said "Hey Shiori. Nice dress design."

Shiori looked down at her sorry-looking uniform, and burst into tears.

Elsewhere, Orin, with her tank squad, had just attacked a Concordian supply train. The Europans had decided to blockade Concordia, cutting off all supply lines leading into the city.

Unfortunately, she had just received word that Estovakian Aerial forces were approaching the city, and it seemed they were going to talk to the Concordians. Several SAM batteries were set up to shoot them down.

Setton
Group Admin

1625370>>1599026
I know, I figured as much considering the Girls und Panzer picture of Mako. So I guessed they're still young on the scales. I tossed that chunk in for shits n' giggles really.

Damn, well at least I was expecting that... I rubbed my cheek and tried to remove the bitter taste from my mouth, as this... "Shiori" began to cry as the far more intact human stared at her expectantly after speaking. Our newest cellmate looked to be in better shape, uniform included. Which meant she was freshly captured, or wasn't interrogated yet by those damned pricks upstairs, like her friend Shiori was.

"What happened to you, Commander?" Shiori quickly stuffed up on the water works, as she took a cautious seat on the lumpy mattress by the toilet. Her face again flared in embarrassment when she finally sat down. Both of which, I wouldn't want to touch with a ten foot pole by the gross condition of them. Even by my low standards.

"General Mako, T-those damned bastards, they began to beat me for information w-when I wouldn't talk. From what w-whispers I've heard, they've received word that a convoy of theirs w-was attacked and captured by Europans. And those guarding me had friends on that convoy, so... they bgean to vent their frustrations and anger upon me." She finished, wiping the tears from her eyes as her friend turned to stare at me.

"Then, when they were finished with their fun, they immobilized me before throwing me in here. Which is when he arrived-" She pointed a shaky finger at me, to which this "Mako" maintained her stern, cold glare. One of which I returned.

"I don't know why he's in here, however, he was at least kind enough to free me of the bindings." She said, her face burning in a very deep red from what I did to help.

"You're welcome by the way." I said quietly.

"You could've given some warning! I wasn't expecting you to do what you did!"

I frowned, "I did.. I apologized before hoof and I tried to be gentle." Mako turned her attention to her comrade, who stood and turned while bending over. Showing the still ever present... erm... slobber patch from my hoofiwork. I could see the struggle in Mako's complexion as she tried not to snigger at her fellow human.

"Well, that explains your sorry state. However, what happened during your mission?" The extremely embarrassed Shiori once again took a seat, and began recounting her story. Of which I didn't really care, nor did I want to be included. My attention was brought to the overall condition of our cell, and the fact that it didn't look right.

I can't say what it is, really. Something in this room is off, as if it was missing something or something was present and couldn't be felt. I knew the humans wouldn't feel it, only those who've used or come into frequent contact of magic would feel it.

So, I started feeling the crumbling walls. The two ladies seemed to be engaged in heavy conversation about offensives and more professional military topics. Of which, I didn't really care. I've already had my fair share in the fires of war. I don't need to become part of another conflict.

The strange feeling grew stronger as I neared the back of our cell. I frowned as I felt nothing at my own height, to which, I stood upright and used my hoofs to feel up higher.

And that's where I found it.

My hoof came close to it, which caused the fake brick to shimmer. I couldn't help but smile as I found something of importance, possibly a way out.

"What are you doing?" I turned and faced the two, as the both stood up and walked over to me. I knew I probably looked strange, considering my current posture.

"Searching for an exit, of which I may have found one. Miss Shiori, shove your hand into the wall where my hoof is would you?" She gave a perplexed look, before doing as I said hesitantly. At the second when her hand made contact with the magical shimmer, it collapsed, revealing a small, cramped looking ventilation duct. One that looked more neglected than this cellblock did.

"Well, well, well, good work..." Mako paused, looking at me expectantly.

"The name's Centennial, we'll save the pleasantries for later. For now, ladies first." I said, stepping back down as the two stared into the vent hesitantly. For those two, it would be a very tight squeeze alone. For myself? It would be one helluva fight for every inch of movment towards freedom.

"I'll go first, Shiori, you'll be behind me, and you Centennial will be last." Mako finished, as she pulled off the cover with ease, and began to pull herself through. Only, her figure didn't help much, if at all. As she struggled heavily to force her hips through the rusting vent cover.

I gave Shiori's young figure another glance, and sighed deeply. As my old bones knew what was coming, and it wasn't going to be enjoyable for any of us.

"This is going to be a long, long day..."

Mako's backstory was slightly peculiar. As a child, she didn't have many friends and had a warped sense of humour, getting amused by the misfortune of others. After Shiori showed what the pony had to do, she nearly died from trying not to laugh.

30 minutes later, the three had gotten out of Concordia. It turned out Centennial was very good at stealth and assassinations.

"Well, we're going to have to split up now. My colleagues have a camp set up a klick fro here, we'll be fine. What about you---" Mako turned around, only to see that Centennial had vanished into the dust. "....Dammit, I've always wanted to do that!"

"Ahem." Shiori scowled.

"New clothes, Yes got it. Stay here, ok? We both do not want my soldiers to die laughing at you." Mako said, stifling a laugh.

"Fine....Hurry up, ok? It's getting---" Shiori turned around to see that Mako had walked off into the dust, leaving her behind. "...DAMN YOU, MAKO!"
15 minutes later, Mako returned with a spare uniform matching Shiori's (Pre interrogation) General's Uniform, then walked off again while Shiori changed. After Shiori had changed into the fresh undamaged uniform and burned the ruined one, they walked towards the Europan Lines.

Right as they reached the base, Several Black Hawk Helicopters belonging to the second Human civilization flew over their heads, causing several Europan SAM batteries to fire missiles at them, shooting down 5 helicopters and causing the other 6 to crash land around Concordia.
In one Black Hawk, The Sniper that had wounded Orion several weeks earlier, Ossa staggered to her feet. The Changeling Sniper, really a human undercover Agent, had been part of the delegation that would try to speak to the Spectres. Instead, most of the Estovakian personnel on the helicopters had been annihilated, with only Ossa, Her commander Katyusha, her attaché Nonna, the Helicopter Pilot Serafina and 20 other Estovakians spread out between the crash sites surviving.

The Spectres would surround the crash sites and bring in the Estovakians for questioning.

Setton
Group Admin

1632775>>1599026

I shadowed the young women as I followed a small distance behind. At first, I simply walked off to "vent" some pressure from been mostly crammed into a small, humid space, and forced to kill a few of my fellow comrades. It wasn't an easy choice, however, it needed to be done.

Not to mention... pushing n' shoving Shiori's rump along with my rough muzzle every few feet.... Aw Hell, more along the lines of every few inches, as she kept getting wedged and stuck in the damned vents. I'd wager that I pushed her the entire way honestly. Her hearty and curvy figure being the primary cause of the hang ups. I honestly felt bad for her, really. As she'll likely never be able to look at me with a straight face for a long time.

Who am I kidding, she probably enjoyed all of that "posterior" attention. I instantly froze in place, as I struggled to process the bizarrely random thought.

Yeap...right... I'm jus' gonna file that under "Now Isn't The Time", and be done with that. I couldn't help but chuckle, as the most badly neglected section of my ever weary mind had another dirty thought joining it.

I resumed my observational stalking as they continued to walk further into the badlands, I couldn't help but wonder what the hell, or who the hell they are. I knew as much species wise, however, it was more towards their organization and who they were personally that intrigued me.

For now, I can only hope they provide some aid later. My damn foreleg is murder, not to mention... a firearm and some camouflage would be nice, if it isn't too much to ask.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1632775>>1634473

Orion searched quietly, occasionally using her strength to lift a concrete slab, allowing access to rescue workers. Overhead, the mushroom cloud simmered, clearing up.

She heard, more than saw, her rad meter spiking every now and then. Its glowing red tiles reminded her to get more Rad treatment later.

"Captain!" Orion turned. A messenger ran up to her, panting.

"What is it?" She asked, curiously.

He pointed in the general direction of north-west. "We have two escapees, possibly a third headed that way!"

Her blood ran cold.

"That's the Lapsis Stella... Any further... And..." She quickly took off, soaring into the sky.

Orion cruised overhead, picking out targets of opportunity. Every feature leaped out at her, every rock, every pebble, thanks to her augmented helmet.

She quickly tagged the two girls, swooping in silently behind them at roughly the same speed.

"Heyo, it's not safe that way." She shouted, doing a barrel-roll above their heads, her wings emitting a screeching sound at her will.

Who am I kidding... One more pass, then if they don't turn back, I'll grab them and choke them, before bring them back to Concordia. She was still actively looking for the third, but whoever it was evaded her keen senses.

"I'm serious! Turn back now!" She floated just above them, like a guardian angel of a hellish kind, her thick, ornate armour glinting in the sunlight.

The two figures broke into a run.

"I said stop!" Orion swooped down, very much like a bird-of-prey.

She would not miss.

The Estovakians were escorted to a rather plush area, reserved for diplomats. And meanwhile, Ardent grilled the security detail for letting three prisoners escape.

Amusing.

"Heyo, it's not safe that way." The Pegasus shouted.

"Piss off, we're busy!" Mako shouted back. The two continued to trudge to their base, glaring daggers at the Pegasus as it looped around again.

"I'm serious! Turn back now!" The Pegasus repeated. Shiori and Mako began to run to get away from the annoying thing.

"I said stop!"

That's what yo mama said last nig--" Mako didn't finish this sentence, as the Pegasus slammed into them like a runaway train.

---
"Well, there goes my first human copy." Shiori said. The real Shiori, a faux-human that had supervised the Europan Wars for 25 years had been created using nanotechnology by an egghead that lived in the Waldreich Mountains, between Europa and Concordia, Hakase.

(Yes. That Hakase)

Shiori, One of the few Europans ranked higher than Orion, had supervised The Soldiers that had raided Concordia.

"That Pony sure had odd tastes, didn't he?" Orin remarked.

"....Never Again. Never. EVER. AGAIN." Shiori grumbled, embarrassed by the ordeal she had watched through the screen.

"Mako got a kick out of it though." Orin said. Indeed, Mako had looked like she was howling with laughter internally.

"Sigh...whatever." Shiori groaned. "I'm still a bit curious as to how we're to destroy Concordia with their tower able to withstand nukes."

"It's built to withstand nukes, yes. But a high-intensity Laser beam at about 5,600 degrees Celsius should melt through it like a warm knife through butter."

"You mean....a Laser harvesting the Sun's Energy." Shiori guessed.

"Precisely. We have a Satellite in place now. We tested it on one of Concordia's sister cities, Large tower and all, and they razed it in 5 hours, without the modifications we've made on it. First we need their Proteus Array offline. That structure, according to my sources, powers the Shield and Defence mechanisms for Concordia. Then there's the Power core, supplying Power to all of Concordia. That's how we destroyed the other city. Can you handle this operation?" Orin said.

"Leave that to my Sleeper Agents." Shiori replied, grinning maniacally.

Glowing Meadow, a Pegasus Spectre agent who's job was to Operate Concordia's Proteus Array, looked over at her fellow Pegasus and colleague, Frost Glacier, an old grizzled veteran Agent, had been given this job after he'd been wounded in a firefight with several Changeling Soldiers. Meadow, a veteran as well, knew the Proteus Array controls too. They, Meadow and Glacier, were talking with several Spectre Guards about the recent Nuclear detonation when they received a message on their headsets.

Operation Nemesis has been approved. Do what must be done.

Meadow nodded to Glacier, who pulled out his trusty silenced Assault Pistol-40, loaded with Armour piercing rounds, and shot out the cameras in the room. As he did so, Glacier pulled out her own Assault Pistol and gunned down the Spectre Agents with precise headshots. The guards were dead before they hit the ground.

The two traitors then began typing in the Shut Down command for the Proteus Array. Outside the Control room, Every light in Concordia went out as the Sleeper Agents in the Power Core Station shut it down as well. Glacier shot out the windows, then she and Glacier jumped out the window and flew hell for leather as the Laser began striking down on the city, melting everything it touched. The Spectre HQ, the Pillar it was, suffered Laser hit after Laser hit until its structure, Looking like a colander from all the laser hits that had burned their way through the building, groaned, before toppling sideways, slamming into the Proteus Array. The Estovakians, and what few Concordians and Spectre Agents that were left, fled the city any way they could, the Laser picking them off as they ran.

Many miles away, Shiori cackled with delight.

Closer to the city, Orion looked up from the unconscious Mako and the destroyed clone, and saw Concordia, Her city, engulfed in flames. It was several minutes before the Ash started falling on them. As it did, a truck commandeered by Spectre Agents drove up next to them.

"Commander Orion! We're evacuating the city!"

"It..It isn't an illusion?" Orion gasped out.

"Negative, ma'am! The Commander has ordered a full evacuation. We're retreating into Equestria!" A lieutenant replied. Get aboard, and bring the black-haired Europan with you! We need to find out what that thing was!"

That night, Orion walked into Ardent's office. The Commander of the Spectres seemed to have aged several years, his eyes tired, lifeless, completely devoid of hope. The look on his face told Orion exactly how much trouble they were in. With whatever had fired the Laser still operational, they were in dire straits. Mako was still refusing to divulge any details on the laser, and it was becoming apparent she had no idea what the laser was, besides its name, Chandelier. The Europans had begun their Offensive into Equestrian territory, Their Forces advancing behind the barrage of the Chandelier. There wasn't much time left before they would conquer all of Equestria. Ardent stood up, and shushed Orion before she got a chance to speak.

"Concordia has fallen. We don't have any idea how this Chandelier works. We do have some good news though. The Satellite can only target what is illuminated by the Sun. As it's night here, it won't be able to target us. but that isn't good. If the Europans are smart enough to make something that powerful, it won't be long before they make it able to target areas covered in darkness. Then we're all fucked." Ardent said bitterly.

"Don't we have a plan for this, sir?" Orion asked.

"Yes, we do. Follow me." Ardent said. Orion followed him to one of their Aircraft, a CHA-47 Military Helicopter adapted to transport Spectre Commanders. As they got on, the doors closed and the helicopter lifted off.

"Where are we going?" Orion asked. Ardent laughed.

"Canterlot, Orion! We're going to see Princess Luna!"

Setton
Group Admin

1648093>>1600735

"Christ, so I've been both deceived and nearly vaporized this week." I grumbled, as I prodded the disabled faux human. Its mechanical components strewn about on the ash salted ground. After witnessing the utter destruction of Concordia, and the evacuation of who remained. That left a handful of survivors... who were likely trapped, dead, and or dying.

I took a long glance to the Eastern horizon, as the moon slowly began to crest the irradiated horizon. I knew there was only one place I could go now, with the Metro devastated and Concordia annihilated.

"As Pop once said, "You're never too young too go home again."" I snagged a Browning Hi-Power from Shiori's mangled parts, and spread my crisp white wings.

"I'm comin' home, Equestria. This ol' soldier isn't dead yet."

Well, that's a sudden twist I wasn't expecting. Nevertheless, time to retrieve the STARFIGHTER! Muwahaha...

This plot was getting repetitive. I decided to accelerate the proceedings. Now to wait for Calamity to find out my faction has a superweapon.

---

"The Spectres have Satellites huh?" Orin asked.

Shiori nodded. Chandelier itself, So massive to the point that it blocked out the sun when it went past, was 15 kilometres long, 20 kilometres wide, 5 kilometres high, and had a crew of 150,000. The Station was self-sustainable, but it had a Hangar Bay so shuttles could land with new personnel. And to land the modified Aerial fighters and the massive ships of their Defence fleet, ranging from the X-03 Space Wyvern to the Massive Aigaion.

SPYDER itself, however was tiny, 8 metres by 16 metres by 2 metres. it was the same for REPTYLE and NYTE. The projectiles they fired would not destroy Chandelier, but it would make quite a dent. It was for this reason the Shield Generator and smaller lasers along the hull were installed; To make Chandelier the most heavily defended fortress since the days Luna's Armies held Ragno Fortress. Chandelier, it was said, was older than all of them. It appeared as the weapon of Death in ancient scrolls, while some Europans thought it was an old relic from the Civil War over a thousand years earlier. The Europans didn't make it. They just modified it, fixed it....Perfected it. One of the Longer ranged Burst Lasers picked out the SPYDER satellite. the laser burst disintegrated the SPYDER Satellite, leaving it unable to launch any more attacks. The Lasers on the opposite side activated and took down NYTE and REPTYLE in quick succession.

"Gyges Squadron and Kottos Squadron. Initiate Patrol around Chandelier. Flagship Aigaion, remain parked in the Hangar. Laser, you may commence firing on select targets on the Anean Continent. Do not target our homeland." The Commander of the Space Station, Lorenz Riedel, said to the Lieutenant in charge of the Laser.

"Beg Pardon, but...I don't know the maps of our homeland. I only have an outdated one. Yuktobania, Estovakia, Kaluga. This is the map of the world created by the Oseans."

"Our homeland, Lieutenant?" Lorenz asked. "Our homeland is....and forever shall be..."

"Our guise of this stupid Europa has outlived its purpose. Announce this message to the world. Tell the scum of this earth who their future Rulers shall be!" Orin ordered.

The transmission blared out of the radio in the helicopter, and also out of every radio in the world. Then the voice of a man, unknown to all but the princesses, made his speech.

"The table is surrounded by politicians who have never placed a foot on the battlefield. It's a disgusting squabble over who gets the largest piece of the pie, and that's why it needs to end. It is for that duty we raised the King. That's why we're fighting. This message goes out to all of those who resist our Armies. If you continue to fight, the Chandelier will annihilate your entire army without pause. This Declaration goes to the Estovakians, the Equestrians, anyone who is curious of our origins. We are not Europa, the nation that was once your weakest enemy. Quite the opposite. I am Anton Kupchenko, and We are in fact...

Belka."

Setton
Group Admin

I ain't complaining, actually made my idea a lil' easier to start now... :moustache:

Wait, what was your idea?

Setton
Group Admin

Can't tell, it's a secret. :trollestia:

The Fleet guarding the Chandelier had a sister fleet. This fleet, now moving across the Equestrian continent, would strike Canterlot within a day. The Chandelier was in position to fire on Canterlot, and the Belkan Planes filled the skies. The fires and the ash that spread across the Equestrian skies coupled with this gave the impression of the End of the World.

Centennial, however, was following the Belkan Army passing through the Waldreich mountains. But a blizzard forced him to hide in a small town, in the Medical centre. However, a Belkan Squad, lost, tired, and starving staggered into the Medical Centre, thus leading to an 'Oh Crap' moment for both parties as Centennial and the squad looked at each other. The other being in the room was a young girl who was tinkering with a robot. She was known as Hakase.

Scion breathed his last as Foerster, Belkan Scientist extraordinaire, had fried him internally. Foerster morphed into her true form, a 28 year old scientist with long brown hair. The Belkan soldiers who had massacred the Changelings reported in.

"All changelings annihilated, Dr. Foerster." One of the soldiers said.

"Good." Foerster replied. "What about the Rift?"

"Undamaged, sir."

"Leave it alone, then. Dr. Chesnikov back at Grunder Industries shall be the only one to research it."

"Yes, sir."

"Soon. My comrades." Foerster thought as they vacated the Hive. "Soon the world will be back to normal, free of the destruction and Misery the Princesses inflicted on the world. If the Rift works...we will have the power to go back in time...and prevent this future from existing."

Comment posted by The Sergeant deleted Sep 1st, 2013

Ok, you got a bit further than I thought, but you've been quiet for a while.

Setton
Group Admin

1654994>>1646633

I hate to be the bringer of bad news, really I do.. however, I'll be unable to reply for a few days at minimum. My sister has left for school again in the provincial capital, and she took her computer too.

The same computer I used for my daily internet access for all my shit.

So, until I recieve my newly ordered laptop on coming Monday... yeah, I'll be deader than a door nail.

Oh, and if your wonderin'... I'm on my Xbox, using the Internet Browser app.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

I've become a passenger on the train to destruction...

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

And I can't lift a finger to do anything. FIMfiction is not optimised for my phone, and I can't get a computer. Guess it's time to sit back and launch Project Stellar. In four days.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

And yes. Stellar pertains to this thread. You have four days, plus minus two of free reign and destruction before my Spectres and Paladins rise from the ashes, like Phoenixes, blazing. Calamity, out.

"Is Canterlot targeted already? I've been hearing talks about a counterattack. I do not like counterattacks. They can royally mess up one's day." Orin grumbled.

Shiori leaned back in her chair and sighed. "Apologies, my friend, but the satellite can't pick up Canterlot. I keep getting redirected to a mountain in England."

A massive blast shook the building, knocking Shiori off the chair and covering Orin in dust.

"Target. Canterlot. Now. Better yet, blast every town, every city, EVERYONE, off the face of the earth. I want Operation Nemesis to be an Operation Cakewalk."

Shiori groaned. "....Sure..."

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1661712>>1678725

Orion strode into the cavernous throne room, hastily converted into a war room. Ponies rushed about, carrying information too sensitive for even technology to send.

She spun off into the smaller corridors, ending up in a small lecture area. About twenty more armoured ponies milled about.

"Paladin Light. You're back." She bowed gracefully, regarding Princess Luna.

"I wish the circumstances could be better, but not the time. Are we enacting Project Stellar and the Continuity of Government yet?"

"Project Stellar, yes. C.O.G. not yet." Luna walked forward. "I'm sure you remember your team."

Orion scanned the faces. "I do. I'm not sure if they want to remember me."

"We've gotten over Dragon Mountain. We've got bigger fish to fry." Paladin Everbright offered.

Looking around, she saw the faces of confirmation, all mostly reassuring.

"REPTYLE, NYTE and SPYDER are down. We're blind." She stood up. "But we need to activate Project Stellar."

Luna pulled up some schematics. "It's simple, Paladins..."

At dawn, there was a weird sight in the square of Canterlot. A pyramid of fully armoured ponies, all waiting for the signal.

Orion hugged her wingmate, Everbright. Below her, a pyramid of other Paladins supported them.

"Stage one, Ten Paladins will propel the other eleven up to the top cruising height of the Flytegear, 100000 meters."

She felt the heavy kick as ten Paladins shared magic, flapping their strong wings and lifting off. The ungainly pyramid soared up and out of the square, lighting up every radar in twenty miles.

The ground fell away as they accelerated up to speed. Her altimeter spun wildly, going upwards.

"Stage two. The ten will drop away, magic spent. Nine will ignite boosters, bring them up to 200000."

Roaring of rockets assailed her finely tuned ears. She could feel the G-forces clinging to her body.

Ten specks flew away, intercepting the approaching enemy jets and ripping them apart.

Another alarm rang, reaching 200000.

"Three. Orion and Everbright are let go. They will engage their own rockets, bring them right up to the enemy satellite weapon."

She felt a tug as the signal was given, releasing the nine. Everbright gestured, pointing to the giant weapon ahead of them.

"Lets do this." Orion kicked her boosters to max, boosting towards the satellite.

Onboard the Chandelier, alarms went off. Lasers swivelled, but were unable to fully track the two specks.

Orion swivelled around, pointing an armoured hoof at the hanger door.

"Say CHEESE!" Three hundred kg's of dead weight smashed through the metal door, leaving a neat hole. Doing a roll, she came up swinging, ripping a soldier in half. Smoke obscured all vision in the hanger.

"Let's go." She pulled out her shotgun, blowing away the resistance. She reached up and dislodges a vent cover, clambering up, using the smoke as cover.

Everbright dropped an EMP in their wake, covering their tracks.

Defenders stunned, they are now safe and hidden.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Footnote Paladin Armor can take a direct tank shell impact without denting, but usually the Paladins can react fast enough to avoid the shell. Orion's packing her twin swords, her trusty Vector and a SPAS12. Everbright is all about stealth, so throwing knives, dual MP5-SD(silenced) and a silenced Dragunov.

"You're...kidding." Orin said as Shiori thumped the screen with her finger.

"I'm afraid not, my friend, I....WHAT THE FUCK!? WHAT THE ABSOLUTE BLOODY FUCK!? SHE JUST BLASTED THROUGH 20 METRES OF STEEL!" Shiori screamed, after seeing Orion finally piss her off.

"I'll take care of this, comman--" Orin fell over dead after Shiori pulled out her M9 pistol and emptied a full clip into her head.

"I'm afraid not, you incompetent pest. I'll take over, and do things the way they should be done." Shiori said, before walking out of the Chandelier Control room. "Laser, cease firing."

Everbright and Orion looked out the window of the gigantic Hangar bay as the Laser ceased fire on Canterlot. The Chandelier, despite taking quite a hit from the two Wildcat spectre agents, was still at peak Capacity, and now every single soldier on the ship was on the lookout for the two. Everbright looked over and saw Shiori standing there, looking at the two of them.

"Apologies for cutting the trip short, my courageous foes, but now, the game is up. The Conquest is in full swing by now, and Every Belkan wants your head. Yet, what you may not know is that Princess Luna is the cause of all the chaos your planet is going through at this point in time. Sure, the Belkans want to conquer the planet, but I want to undo the damage. Do you remember the Crystal Caverns, My dear Orion? There's an artifact in there of untold power, one to turn back time, to the start of this disaster. That's why I want to get into the mountain. To stop this infernal timeline from existing, to change history and prevent the Sun scorching the earth...Do you agree, or do you want to stop me?" Shiori said, folding her arms. Go ahead, cut me down. I'm an unarmed Belkan. take your pick."

"Join me, and save this Earth? Or Kill me, and doom it to extinction?"

Your choice Calamity.

Choice A: Save Equestria will cause a temporary alliance between the sane Belkans and the Spectres. Orion, Everbright, Shiori, Mako, Berlitz, and several soldiers of Equestrian and Belkan origin to journey to Canterlot Mountain, find the artifact and travel back in time to FIM stop the war while the other Spectres hold off the rest of the Belkans.

Choice B: Doom Equestria will cause the extinction of all civilisation on Equestria several years later as the sun scorches the planet again.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1685289>>1661712

"Holee mother of all things scary." Everbright whispered in the radio as they drew weapons.

Orion flicked down her X-Ray filter, scanning the being. The ping went out...

And immediately her goggles shorted. Orion recoiled slightly from the intense feedback, shutting the device down.

"Goddamn robot." She suggested quietly, unsheathing her sword.

They listened quietly, all the while staring at their radars, revealing the large amount of troops surrounding the area.

"We're in for some deep shit if we do anything." Everbright reached over for his throwing knives.

"I'm really, really sorry, but we can't help you. We have a mission to finish." With that, Orion turned to leave.

Something didn't feel right.

Orion ducked as the sharp blade whizzed by, slicing the top one centimetre of her mane off.

"Unarmed huh?" Everbright tossed a blade into the air, and Orion kicked it forcefully, impaling the soldier.

As it sparked, Orion walked up to it.

"Listen here. If you really want to help, you'd find me at dusk tomorrow, in the remnants of my Concordia, sitting on the highest piece of rubble available. I will bring no weapons, and I hope you'll reciprocate."

She punched the drone's head viciously, smashing the metal.

"I wish you had thought that through!" Everbright somersaulted, smashing a soldier under his weight.

Orion grunted as she ploughed through ranks of shooters.
"I'm done with thinking. We need to get to the command room." A stray bullet grazed her leg, but the auto-dispenser already had dispensed healing salve.

Gesturing, she hooked her rear hooves with Everbright's forehooves, spinning wildly like a top, slashing with her twin swords. The soldiers cried out as the lethal blades danced across them.

Letting go propelled her forwards, into the oncoming rush of new soldiers, slashing and hacking away like a madmare.

She ended with a simple roll to a good flourish of her swords at the end of the hallway. Behind her, bodies littered the floor and slash marks decorated the four walls.

"We have to go. Laser is in range in..." She checked.

"Ten minutes."

The pathway to the command room was heavily and bitterly contested, but it was a losing battle for the defenders. Corpses adorned the entire route of the two Paladins.

But it was not in total vain. Orion panted slightly from the multiple bullet injuries, and Everbright cradled a broken foreleg.

"Command room. We're here." Orion stabbed the twin blades through the doors, prying them apart.

Immediately, a hailstorm of bullets peppered her. Her shield glimmered from the constant barrage, slowly breaking.

Throwing an incendiary grenade, she dived to the side. A plume of flame roiled out of the room, along with the screams and the acrid smell of burnt flesh.

Everbright charged in, finishing off what still moved. He took up a defensive position near the door, holding back the soldiers.

"Suit, interface with computer." Orion laid her hoof on the charred LED screen. It flickered dimly, registering the connection.

>Done.

"Redirect. Fire at coordinates 40.6700° N, 73.9400° W. Timer set five minutes." She watched as the computer whirred quickly.

>Done.

A soldier burst in, wielding a shotgun. He got off a blast.

Orion felt the shells perforate her armour, hitting her back. She calmly turned around.

"I felt that." She said quietly to the quaking soldier. In seconds, she was by his side, twisting his neck violently. She let go, the body crumpling to the floor.

Everbright dragged out two long ropes, tying them to a railing. They both hooked up, facing the large window, and the actual focusing cannon beyond that.

"Ready?" Orion cocked her SPAS.

"Hell yeah." Everbright took out his Dragunov.

The radar lit up as the soldiers gained courage and charged in.

Orion blew out the window. The air flew out, dragging the two fearlessly towards their final target.

In front of them, the large laser discharged.

On the ground, the glorious heat beam struck just outside of Canterlot, vaporising most of the attacking forces. What's left quickly retreated away.

Orion and Everbright spiralled downwards, headed for the large focusing crystal that let the cannon fire. Without it, it would destabilize, and hopefully blow up.

"Det charges?" Orion breathed heavily. She was losing air. Fast. The precious gas whistled out of the many bullet holes in her suit. The only thing keeping her alive was magic.

"Ready. I'm letting go." The large ball floated away, moving faster than the duo. With a thunk, it secured itself to the crystal.

They took shelter under a smaller defensive laser turret. It must have looked funny, the two acting like total drunkards trying to sleep the booze off. The turret kept swivelling, trying to get a lock.

Orion gave the gunner the hoof.

Everbright fired his special round, right into the ball.

A large fireball consumed the cannon, before fading off, short-lived.

"Did it do it?" Orion looked up. She could see cracks, but the crystal was intact.

Everbright looked away.

"No. It did not. We're out of time, we've got to de-orbit now."

Orion thought quickly.

Brainwave.

"Everbright, you go first. I'll catch up." She shoved the stallion out to space. He nodded, jetting away quickly.

Unsheathing her swords again, Orion used a turret as a launch platform.

"Again and again. What's with me and living bullets?" she questioned herself as her toned muscles launchedd her right at the crystal.

The curved lens grew bigger in seconds. Turning, she stabbed both swords into the crystal.

"Checkmate." she pulled apart.

The crystal detonated. She saw a bright light, brighter that even the sun.

And then blackness.

The first thing she saw was...

Blackness. Again. And lines.

She then figured out that the stars were just spinning wildly.

Righting herself, she turned back to look. The station was on fire and blowing apart.

"Success, eh?" She smirked.

"Orion, you've got seconds to de-orbit! Do it now!" Her radio crackled.

"Don't get your panties in a bunch, I'm fine." She sighed, rockets propelling her downwards and back home.

"Paladin Light, RTBing now."

"Sir---Ma'am?" The technician asked as Shiori, Belka's top, and youngest, A.I Expert, transferred her system into her real self.
Let me interject here. Shiori discovered a way to revolutionise living, via the Electrosphere system. She them cloned herself, each clone ageless, and was able to transfer her soul, thanks to the Electrosphere, a system, into these clones. it came in handy when her first clone was killed when a certain Spectre Agent fired a Net missile at her helicopter.

Her biological was virtually identical to the clone Orion had destroyed in Chandelier. They all were. Shiori flexed her limbs, a bit sore after a long length of time in a clone's body, ran a System Assessment on a nearby console about the remaining clones, all destroyed, then stormed off, the technician running to keep up with her.

"We lost most of the Canterlot attack force--" The Technician started.

"I know."

"The Equestrians are pushing us back to the border--"

"I know."

"We don't have a good survival estimate for the Capital Defence--"

"I. Know." Shiori hissed. "My clones are dead, but I do not mind, that was merely a hobby. I think it's time for a do-over. And I intend to fix that problem. But for now, I have to see a mare about a city."

---
Back at Concordia, Shiori, stepping out of a Belkan CH-46 helicopter, scanned the city for the highest heap of rubble. The scan came back: The base of the Spectre HQ, at 25 metres. Shiori entered the ruined city, and set off in that direction. As per the agreement, she was unarmed. She hoped Orion had done the same, otherwise things may get awkward.

At last, she walked out of the dust cloud she had stepped into, coughing loudly. She could see Orion sitting on the top of the rubble, and made her way to the base of the base of the ruined building.

"I do wish you had refrained from crushing my head on Chandelier, Orion. Those robots were very hard to make." Shiori said. "It does not matter, my friend. The copies of the robot you destroyed on Chandelier, let me interject here, but Chandelier was 1,500 years old, but let's see.....you totalled our offensive, killed several thousand soldiers, wrecked a 5 billion dollar robot, wiped out half a mountain, and yet i'm still wanting to negotiate with you. What say you, Paladin? What say you now?"

The Mare gave a grin, the one of a pony who knew a good line when it's handed to her.

"The Aristocrats." Orion said, snickering.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1691823>>1661712

"I do wish you had refrained from crushing my head on Chandelier, Orion. Those robots were very hard to make. It does not matter, my friend. The copies of the robot you destroyed on Chandelier, let me interject here, but Chandelier was 1,500 years old, but let's see.....you totalled our offensive, killed several thousand soldiers, wrecked a 5 billion dollar robot, wiped out half a mountain, and yet i'm still wanting to negotiate with you. What say you, Paladin? What say you now?"

"Let's see, three million in Manehatten, four million in Trottingham, Two million in Seaddle. Not counting the four million lost in Bastion Cities." She bit back the retort, choosing instead for a cheaper, less controversial thought.

Sliding down the pillar, Orion alighted in front of the girl.

Then, she remembered that she had two new, open wounds. Blood trickled down from her fringe, coating her face.

"Sorry, I got injured on the way here, catching something for you." She muttered, wiping the scarlet liquid.

"What's that?" The girl leaned forward. Orion noticed the height difference then. The girl stood a whole head taller than her.

"Come. I hope you didn't pack weapons." Orion walked into the dust cloud.

"Paladin!"

She stopped, turning back. "What is it?"

The girl caught up. "I lost you in the dust. It's not easy."

Orion sighed heavily, before offering a few strands of her tail. "But if you even think of yanking..." She warned.

The girl nodded quickly.

Orion trotted, moving through the rubble with ease. She had to stop sometimes because the girl... Shiori... had to clamber over a stray pillar or ledge.

"How much further?"

Orion approached a metal hatch in the ground. "We're here."

Opening the hatch released a musty smell. Inky darkness stretched on, seemingly going forever.

"This is going to take forever. Especially for YOU." Orion tapped her head, thinking.

Shiori was evidently not enthused. "I'm tired already, now we have to climb down there?"

Orion shuddered. "I need you to ride and hold on to me."

"What."

"Climb onto me. Now." The forceful command was evident. Shiori swung onto her back, and Orion grunted from the weight.

"Did anyone ever tell you... to lose weight?" Orion huffed.

Shiori opened her mouth to retort, but it was quickly drowned out by a scream as Orion jumped down the chute, hurtling into the darkness.

Nearing the bottom, Orion spread her 'wings', slowing the descent to a gallop.

"Hold on." She growled as the floor approached.

They impacted with a force enough to break bones.

"You okay?" Orion had made sure to take most of the force.

"Y...yeah."

Unceremoniously dumping Shiori on the floor, Orion approached the large metal door.

"Computer, enact Fifth Freedom. Open sparring room."

The door smashed open, revealing a well lit circular room.

Shiori stumbled in after Orion.

"What's this for?" She asked.

Orion gestured. "Welcome to Paladin Sparring Room. Many have died here, if your wondering..."

"Charming."

"This will be our evaluation of you. There will be three tests. Strength, Tenacity and Virtue. All paladins have to complete the course."

"Why do I have to..."

"Do it?" Orion turned around. "I'm not having an incompetent fool on my offensive team. I'm fine with a fool."

Orion suddenly jumped into the rafters above.

"Whenever you are ready, please approach the pedestal. And don't worry. I'll make sure this won't kill you. You can call for help three times, and I will only provide you with the means to solve the problem, not completely overcome it."

Orion ran through her mental list of things.

Strength - Defeating a Timberwolf.
Tenacity - Climbing a forty feet wall with nothing but two arrows.
Virtue...

Shiori touched the pedestal.

"RELEASE THE TIMBERWOLF!" She shouted, the computer registering her voice.

The wrought iron gate raised, revealing the creature with very sharp fangs, dripping with saliva.

On the opposite side of the room, a weapons crate containing swords dropped.

"This Timberwolf will not fall for easy tricks. He is smart, as smart.. as... YOU." Orion warned. "It is not a fair fight. I'd advise going for the crates, where you'll find swords. None will kill in one hit, but they will wound."

"GOOD LUCK!"

(K, the timberwolf will not die one-shot, extend the battle scene, eh?)

Shiori took one look at the Timberwolf, then at the crate of swords, considered her options, then took out a red cape from her pocket and held it out to one side.

"Toro, Toro!" She yelled. The Timberwolf, looking at her as if to say, 'Really?', charged at her. Shiori pirouetted out of the way, and the Timberwolf smashed into the wall headfirst, dazing it.

"Olé!" Shiori bowed, before rushing towards the crate. As the Timberwolf regained its bearing and growled at the one who had humiliated it, Shiori withdrew two swords and held one in each hand. She held out the left one, a rapier, and pointed it at the Timberwolf.

"En Garde." she said.

The Timberwolf gladly accepted the offer, and charged her. Shiori ran at the Timberwolf, then jumped, somersaulting over its back. As she did so, she thrust out with the rapier, scoring a long gash along the Timberwolf's back. She finished the manoeuvre with a bow, swords pointing outward, like inverted wings.

"One thing you do not know about me, Senorita Paladin." Shiori said. "I may be young, I may be geeky, I may be the one who you'll never get along with," A gleam appeared in her eye. "But what I am," She sliced at the Timberwolf's leg. "What I am good at," She sidestepped a snarling wolf. "What my lifelong profession is..." She looked up at Orion. "The Swordsmaster." She stood up quickly, before hurling the sword in her right hand, a Katana, at the wolf, hitting it in the side. In retaliation, the Timberwolf swiped at Shiori, slamming her into the wall.

Shiori slowly got up, surveyed the very painful hit she had taken to the torso, then glared daggers at the Wolf. "Alright, you Botanic Frankenstein, let's get this over with."

The Timberwolf obliged her, and charged. Shiori sidestepped again, pulling the katana out of the Timberwolf's body, before chopping at the neck, which didn't work. In response, the Timberwolf snapped at her and withdrew. The next 15 minutes passed with the two combatants circling the edges of the room warily, before Shiori used the wall as a springboard, propelled herself across the room and launched her attack, jamming the katana 8 inches into the Timberwolf's side again, not noticing the wolf paw kicking out at her until it kicked her swordless arm. Shiori retreated again, flexed her arm, and laughed.

"Is that how you treat the ladies? Damn, no wonder they filed you for assault!" Shiori taunted.

The wolf leapt at her, but Shiori dodged it and, using the wolf's momentum against it, sliced through two right legs, causing it to topple over, crippled. Shiori moved to the other side, dodging the snaps, and hacked through the other legs, leaving it legless.

She took the rapier, criss-crossed the sharp ends of it and the katana, and looked at the legless wolf.
"Let there be light, Motherfucker." She said, before scraping the two swords together, generating several sparks that landed on the wolf, setting it ablaze.

She took several steps back from the burning, screaming Wolf, before looking at Orion. "Anything else? Or is Practice over?"

Not by a longshot, Shiori.

Setton
Group Admin

1707987>>1706339
This isn't my new computer, I'm doing this via Xbox 360... and it really fuckin' blows.

I found myself locked eye-to-eye with the weary-looking Belkan squad leader. Much like myself, she was coated in fresh powder and frozen ice. And our weapons were no different from ourselfs, as they too were caked with snow and ice.

As much as I wanted to draw, and pepper them with my M14 rifle... I knew I couldn't, not without risking the life of that little girl between us in the waiting room. She wasn't paying us any mind, as her preoccupation with tinkering on the robotic device went on without disruption. As did that... tune... she hummed quietly.

I need to reach the runway, now! Or those damned bastards will dominate the airspace, and find the old runway along with my Starfighter!

I freed the breath that had become hostage in my chest, while I sang softly along with the young child on the second last verse. Slowly clicking the selector into automatic, I braced myself for attack.

"One by one their seats were emptied.
One by one they went away.
Now the family is parted.
Will it be complete one day?

Will the circle be unbroken
By and by, by and by?
Is a better home awaiting
In the sky, oh in the sky?"

As the final words left my mouth, I raised the rifle....

And pulled the trigger.

Song - Will The Circle Be Unbroken -- Bioshock: Infinite OST (Choral Version)

So yeah, I'm still waitin' on my new computer.. Yay~ and I'll be on here, via xbox for the time being though.

Lynch Motto - Semper Fidelis

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

1707987>>1710804

"Anything else? Or is Practice over?"

"Zzz...Huh? Wa?" Orion slurred. She rubbed her eyes with her hooves, yawning loudly.

The acrid smell of smoke filled her lungs. "Mmmm... Smells nice." She yawned again loudly, making a check mark on her clipboard.

"How much did I get?"

Orion stared at the board. "Let's see... Umm... Mmhm..." She dropped down with a flutter.

"Good enough. Barely." Orion turned to the charred wood. "Shame. I could have used the timber."

"Barely good enough?!?!" Shiori shouted incredulously.

Orion turned, with a 'seriously?' look on her face. "Yes. Barely good enough. In fact, by our standards, you've actually died already."

She watched the colour of Shiori's face cycle between rage and disbelief.

"Oh... Oh yeah?! How did you do, you..."

"I killed the Timberwolf in fourteen point two seconds." Orion polished her hoof. "Fifteen minutes to kill somepony in enemy territory with more coming in is not forgiveable. Nor survivable."

Shiori shut up.

"Eh, well. Victoria in fine tantum. Let's move on." Orion whistled, and the floor opened, dropping the carcass away.

The wall swivelled around, revealing a sheer rock face.

"Next challenge." Orion pulled two arrows out of her mane. "Don't ask. You'll have to climb this wall, using only these two arrows as such."

Orion lunged, lodging the two arrows into the rock. Flexing her abdomen, she swung, leaping up about two meters before re-lodging the arrows in.

"This trains your core muscles. I'm sure you can do it." Orion grunted as the rock face curved outwards, forming an overhang.

"This part is stressful. You have to hang and move, like the monkey-bars." Orion dropped down. "Objective is to pull my tail. I know you'll like that, seeing as though I've probably pissed you off."

Shiori looked unsure. "I don't think I can..."

"Hush. You most definitely can. Now go on." Orion hoofed her the arrows, taking off and draping her tail over the precipice of the over hang.

This will be interesting. Orion laid her head down. She's gonna take a while... Might as well rest...

(I mean like this is the second part of the course.)

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Yeah... I don't know why stuffs in italics.

"Son. Of. A. Bitch." Shiori said to herself. "And I have to do that with arrows?" She sighed. Oh well. the Timeline ain't going to reboot itself.

2 minutes later, Orion woke up to a shriek and saw Shiori near the top holding onto one arrow as the other plummeted to the bottom.

"You didn't tell me part of the wall was weakened!" Shiori yelled at her. Orion just laughed.

Shiori sighed, before testing the durability of the arrow's stem. Steel, one inch thick, one foot long. She hoped it would work. She pulled herself up onto the arrow, tested it's stability (Thank god her kind don't weigh much) and looked up at the top of the wall, 7 feet above her.

"Hmm...If I jump, the arrow will most likely break, meaning it's a terminal drop for me of I don't jump high enough." Shiori puzzled. "Eh, I'll take my chances." She jumped.

Her fingertips caught he edge of the top, and she pulled herself up and tugged Orion's tail.

"There. Done. I did it quicker this time." Shiori groaned. "What's Numero Tres?"

Berlitz was always the most isolated of the squad. Sure, she had been demoted and placed into an advance squad after she had escaped, but she had seen a grizzled pony in the centre, and wisely chose to stay outside with two other squadmembers while the gunfight raged indoors. When the pony walked out, he caught sight of the three of them.

"Err, hello there, Governor." Hannah said. "Brilliant day, is it not?" She caught sight of their vehicle next to one of the houses. "We'll be off now, Pip Pip, Cheerio, and all that." The three soldiers got into the vehicle and drove hell for leather out of the town.

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion smiled softly to herself, closing the window in her helmet HUD. Standing up, she pulled off the helmet, allowing her mane to cascade out.

She wiped the smile off, replacing it with a neutral line.

"You're doing fine. Although I don't quite know why you didn't pull more viciously. That's what I did." She relished the thought.

"Chop chop, next task."

"Oh, yes, right. Virtue." Orion rubbed her neck. "I want you to give me one thousand push ups and one thousand sit ups."

"Say wat."

"Mmmhm. One thousand of each." Orion raised an eyebrow. "Virtue tests your integrity. Will you complete the task? Or will you cheat and end short?"

"What the freak."

Orion shrugged. "Don't worry. I also had problems past seven hundred and fifty. You still have three skips. Use one now, and I'll share your burden. Each skip, and I will do two hundred and fifty of your share."

"So if I use all of them..."

Orion stretched lazily. "I do 750 of two types of exercise, your choice, be it wing ups, pull ups, crunches, the like, while you do 250 of each."

The armour suddenly shifted, dropping off Orion. The pieces rolled away, reassembling themselves on a nearby armour stand. "It gets stuffy after a while. I'll pick it up later."

Orion turned back. "So? Will you do all, or how many do you want me to do?"

In the far distance, four ponies, Scavengers, looked at the smoking city.

"How's bout it?" One asked, wielding a rifle.

Two had a mean Longbow, with armour piercing bolts. "Go for raid."

Three had gauntlets, each crackling with energy. "Go for raid. Who knows? There might be Spectre tech left over."

Four was unarmed, but he drove the truck. "I don't care. We can go anywhere."

One looked back. "All go. We stay quiet and low. They won't see us coming."

Shiori sighed. "No skips, thanks. If my initiations tells me to do one thousand of each, I shall do one thousand of each."

(500 push ups later)

"How're you feeling?" Orion asked.

"Quite fine actually." Shiori said.

Outside the room, the four scavengers set up a bomb, meant to blast through the wall. It blew, collapsing the wall, and they surged in. Inside they found a Pegasus turning to face them, and a human....charging at them.

Shiori pounced on One, used him as a human, err, pony shield, used his rifle to dispatch the other three in rapid succession with three well aimed shots, then bonked One on the head, knocking him out.

"I decided to make things quicker this time. That Timberwolf thing?" She said to Orion, unceremoniously tossing one onto the floor. "I like to play with my food. Now, about that Virtue thing..."

Orion sighed. "...Why did you knock him out?"

"He was the leader, judging by the fact he went in first. The three others were small fries. But this guy, we'll be able to get some, if no information out of him. After that, he's expendable."

NocturnalEagle
Group Admin

Orion withdrew her Vector, taking only one shot.

The raider's head exploded in Shiori's grip.

"Scavengers have no information we don't know about." Orion sheathed the gun. "In fact, only four is too damn small. There should still be about seven prowling around outside."

She stretched and smiled a big grin.

"I guess it's time to put your stuff to the test. In a combat scenario." Orion put on a basic harness for her guns. "Let's go, Ms Shellshock-ori."

Orion had already left and fifty rungs up the ladder when Shiori screamed.

"You okay?" Orion quizzed as she hung off a bare pylon. She spied the girl down in the alley, hiding.

"I'll be fine when I die."

Orion shrugged. "Good call." Heaving, she dropped down, landing on the passing scavenger and breaking his back. She twisted his neck to put him out of his misery.

"Six more." She slid back into the shadows. Orion's ears twitched, detecting the sound of a silenced rilfe discharging... Once... Twice...

"Two down. Four more. One on the other side of your wall, two coming right behind him."

"Good kill." Orion let loose a compliment. Crouching near a doorway to an destroyed building, the Scavenger drew closer.

She whistled to get his attention.

As he hoofed nearer, he drew his weapon, a pre-apocalypse rifle, from the looks of it.

Orion turned the corner, her hoof coming up and whacking the muzzle upwards. The Scavenger's line of sight followed the rifle, allowing Orion to throw another punch, breaking his hold on the rifle.

As the Scavenger stumbled backwards, the rifle fell back into the hooves of Orion, who swung quickly. The buttstock made a hollow noise as it impacted against the Scavenger's face.

"Another down." She rolled as the two following opened fire, rolling behind a broken wall. Plaster and concrete dust rained down on her as the bullets began to erode her cover.

"Shiori? Could use the help." She grunted.

The girl jumped down from the second level, killing the two with dual sword thrusts. "Gotcha covered."

Orion leaned out. "I couldn't find the last one."

"Neither could I." Shiori peeled off the sub-dermal radio.

Orion hoofed out. "You know what? I bet he's here somewhere, in this sector. I can feel it."

Shiori pointed upwards. "Rooftops always best spotting position."

"I concur."

"See anything?" Orion muttered.

"Zero, ziltch, nada."

"Meet back up at the chimney. Maybe I was wrong with the count." Orion shrugged, standing up.

"We're done. You've been initiated." Orion gave Shiori a slap on the back and a canned electrolyte drink.

"Really? Bothersome."

Orion just smiled, gritting teeth. Something was... off.

Shiori popped the tab off a can, taking a drink. Behind the gurgling... was... something.

Orion's left ear twitched.

Next building, behind the door... Oh fuck. She thought as her honed senses heard the faint twang.

Orion pushed Shiori, taking her place in space.

The first arrow pierced the can Shiori was holding, spewing fluids everywhere.

The second penetrated Orion's light barding like a hot knife through butter.

Orion felt the barbed arrow spread, pushing pain through her system. In the haze, her realised that her count was wrong... That there actually two left...

"Shiori! Drag me to cover!" She hissed as she grappled with the arrow.

The girl pulled her by the shoulder straps, dragging them behind a doorway.

"Oh shit, oh shit." Orion began to hyperventilate. "It's poisoned."

"What do I do?" Shiori was clearly out of her field.

Orion grunted. "You've got to... take... med pack... Extricate arrow... Find 'Anti-venom label 302'... pour... bandage."

Orion weaved words in and out of consciousness.

"I can't... help... you... her..."

*thunk*

Shiori waited until Orion was perfectly unconscious, then dropped the panicked expression from her face, then called out to the one who had shot the arrows.

"Nice First shot, Sharpshooter." Shiori said sarcastically. Mako, tossing aside the bow, walked over to Shiori, looking down at the poisoned Orion.

"Should we kill her?" Mako asked. Shiori snickered.

"Why waste ammo? The rest of the Scavengers outside are going to come here soon, 15 minutes tops, wondering where their friends went. When they see their 11 dead brethren and Snore-ion down here, they're going to take their sweet revenge. As for now, get your troops. The Artifact is in Canterlot Mountain, and we don't have a lot of time to get there."

The Two Belkans left, and five minutes later, Several Scavengers found their comrade's bodies and Orion. It took them nanoseconds to put 2 and 2 together, and another few minutes to load her into their truck to be taken to their base...and killed.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 109