Fan/fic/ Theater 3000 336 members · 144 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Ringmaster
Group Admin

There's something I've been enforcing as a rule these past few months, which I've only just realized isn't really stated anywhere.

As a way to avoid ending up the same way as other old riff projects, something I strive to maintain about F/F/T3K is that it's simply... well, riffing. There are no characters, no set location, nobody's riffing as a pony, there's no continuity outside of a few running gags, that kind of thing.

Some of you might be thinking "Oh, but there is a location, it's a theater". But no, it works on Rule Of Funny. If it better serves the riff to have the door be locked, it's locked. If there needs to be a table to slam your head into, there is one. Pretty much, as long as you don't try to riff as "characters" other than yourself(or ponies), don't try to set the location so "we always riff in x place every time" and don't try to add some really stupid backstory to things, anything goes.

...As long as it's not overly "disruptive" to the riff, but that should go without saying.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1