Equestria Forum Writers 63 members · 75 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Hawkeye
Group Admin

OK, it's time we use this group for something that I think, could be pretty awesome if we can work together to do it, here it is:

... I want to write a multi-chapter adventure story. I don't know what it would be about but I want to do it. I doubt I could do it myself though. I can barely finish a one-shot and I've been working on a second one shot for over a month and haven't even made it to 1000 words yet.

Basically what I'm saying is that I'd like to do a collaboration project for an adventure fanfic.

I'm open to any ideas people have because I don't have many. I just know that it will be an adventure fic that will span across basically all of Equestria and outer regions into the areas outside of Equestria. I do have names for all the regions outside Equestria, they are: Gem Fido, That's where mostly Diamond Dogs live. Dominion, Griffins occupy that area, the little amount that there are. Black Marsh, just a shitty marsh infested with creatures like Hydras. Dragon Badlands, obviously dragons live there. Volcanic Wastes, not much lives there but mostly criminals. Feline Jungle, the area that is from the Daring Do book series, mostly inhabited be felines of some sort.

That's about all I have right now. Any input and any partners on this project would be awesome.

List of different species that the characters are:

1 Griffin: being half birds, they have an extremely heightened eyesight. And I know one of the characters should probably be one. I imagine they would have a bit of a sarcastic personality with some sass, not great at taking orders.

2 ponies: Nothing thought up about them yet, need help for that.

1 Dragon, maybe about teenager age: Nothing yet.

2 Diamond Dogs: Dogs have better hearing than many other animals. Nothing personality-wise yet.

and finally, I think this one's going to be the most difficult, 1 Changeling: They can change shapes. Nothing personality-wise yet..

I'd love to help collaborate with you. My pieces of work isn't that amazing (if you check my stories, I have only one published and is still incomplete) but that's because of exams (done) and other projects I'm working on (similar to this).

Question: Any politics involved? Is there a overall villain? Does it have one linear path or are the stories random (For example, these characters throughout the plot are trying to save a Kingdom by traveling to other lands or is it characters explore different lands and come across different unexpected adventures.)

Characters: I see the Griffon as being way over him/herself. Challenging the 'leader' and proposing that he leads the group. Basically, an asshole but when the situation demands it, he has a heart of gold, putting his life on the line to keep everyone alive.

As for the other characters. Because I dont really know the plot nor anything about them, I can't really say much other than the Changeling trying to fit in. In fact, you could have the Changeling act like a pony and no one realizes it until it reveals its true form during i.e. a battle. This causes the group to distrust it and from there, anything goes.

All in all, I'm up for a collab :pinkiehappy:

Hawkeye
Group Admin

301364 Been thinking a lot about what you posted. I think there will be a big villain of some kind but that's something I'm going to have to figure out. I don't even know what species they would be.

I also thought about characters and how they're going to be introduced and all that stuff. I imagine that none of them really are going to know each other at all but will eventually come together after about maybe 3-4 chapters after they have all been introduced. Or at least that would just be like one meeting up with another and then slowly they all end up coming together. Another thing is that I'm thinking the entire thing could be told from the point of view of one of the characters, like they're telling the story. Of course, we'd need to explain how they know all this stuff that happened with the other characters from before he/she even met them. Thought about that too and the best I could come up with is that they all told their stories of before around a campfire or something after the big conflict, or maybe during a transition to another scene.

As for the Changeling, you have a good idea with that. I think I might go with that but I'll have to think up a personality. Luckily I actually had been thinking up a character for a Changeling before I even starting thinking about this idea so I will probably add all that as soon as I figure everything out about him.

And yay for collabs! :yay:

Hawkeye
Group Admin

301515 That would be great! I'd love to read any ideas you may have for this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5