Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Devona
Group Admin

The ALH (Army for the Liberation of Humanity/Armeea wor de Liberatyon ow Humanity) was the principal armed wing of the colonial resistance organisation known as the GHR/RRH (Government of Human Resistance/Rhad ow Resistanca Humanitego). Formed during the Chirr War's prolonged period of Chirr domination in space, and thus a near-total interterrestrial communications blockade, the ALH consisted of what was left of Republican colonial garrisons in the Sol system as well as civilian volunteers, with its main goal being the defense of Mars and eventual liberation of Luna. Under the direct auspices of the GHR/RRH, the Army for the Liberation of Humanity acted both as frontline troops and partisan saboteurs behind enemy lines. With their aims eventually achieved after the completion of the great colonial offensive later named the "Martian Sword Offensive", the ALH turned its sight towards the occupied areas of Earth itself, which it eventually helped liberate by opening a second front in the northernmost reaches of the planet.

The war march of the ALH, "Banner of All Mankind", would later go on to become the first officially recognised federal anthem of the post-war Republic of Sol.

Nice update. Makes great point for other stories for that time period.

Devona
Group Admin

I've been thinking of setting some future story around this time period in human history, so this very much might act as a sort of small introduction to it. But we'll cross that bridge when we get there, so to say. :twilightblush:

Sounds good. I could see it as some ponies sitting in a classroom learning about that time period. That way it still can be posted on here.

Devona
Group Admin

Something like that, haha. Or something connected to Discord and time travel shenanigans, but that'd be much harder to write and I don't think I'm up to it just yet, so your idea is significantly more likely :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6