Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Devona
Group Admin

Hello all, whoever might be reading this, and welcome to a little meta post from me. Today I want to talk a little bit about the state of the Of Starships and Golden Armors universe and its development, as well as about what types of content can be expected in the near - and far - future.

As most of you probably know, by the end of OSaGA, the Swarm War is still very much ongoing, as Coalition counterattacks partially succeed in orbit around Sazana but largely fail to gain ground on the surface, with the Swarm bringing in more and more reinforcements from unknown locations in order to assist its fleet engaged in the planet's orbit. Stanley's human squadmates, except for Jason who remains MIA, are all now presumed dead with the exception of Jasvant Fran, the new temporary leader of the squad, who encounters a mysterious team of Cyanosian commandos rescuing him from a Swarm battalion in order to ask questions. The Cyanosian Empire itself however, as well as its forces, remains largely unaccounted for. Meanwhile Luna, the Diarch of Equestria, is stranded in the human dimension together with Stanley with seemingly no means of getting back home; this might be for the best though, as Cloud Haze, the newest, slightly unwilling member of the conspiratory group dubbing itself the Lair of Knowledge, uses the first contact with humanity to convince other ponies of the group's legitimacy, and with the newly gained political power orchestrates a coup using popular discontent with how the first contact was being handled. However, while he and his followers do seize power and manage to overrun the few human outposts in Equestria, Princesses Celestia and Twilight Sparkle, just like much of the human leadership on Equis, remain on the run hiding in the Everfree Forest, forced to put their differences aside and work together to suvive.
Also worth noting is how - after having been briefly kidnapped by the Darknight Cult, a group convinced that the core personality of Luna's body is in fact Nightmare Moon, and the current Princess remains but an "impostor" - the Lunar Diarch seems to have lost her ability to access the Dreamscape, due to magical rituals performed on her by the Cult.

That is the current state of this universe, if anyone needed it summarised in one place. I have dropped subtle hints as for what will happen next here and there, but that's irrelevant as none of that is featured in a full, canon story, and thus - even though everything I post in this here group is indeed canon - most people will never see it.

So... what's going to happen in the future? What content might be expected? Well, I am working on another project to post here in the lore group, but it might be a while before it is released. That's not even because it's a big or impressive project, no, but rather because I still remain rather busy in everyday life and progress on OSaGA stuff has been slow.

...and so has the progress on my current main story, Deos ex Caellis. As you know, that tale is completely separate from the OSaGA universe and is unrelated to it, but its development does take up a lot of my time. Therefore, proper sequels to Of Starships and Golden Armors will only come after that story is finished. Yes, Deos ex Caellis is still in its relative infancy, but by no means is it meant to end up being as long as OSaGA. As for how the sequels will look like, well... I am indeed slightly leaning towards making them a collection of shorter stories rather than a proper book - I simply don't have the strength right now to write something as ambitious as the original OSaGA.

This is it for today, although I do plan on releasing another announcement here relatively soon. Thank you so much for reading everyone, and I'll see you then! :twilightsmile:

Thank you for the update. We will still be there when you post.

Devona
Group Admin

And thank you for being here. Views and upvotes are one thing, but it's the comments that really keep me going. So, thank you. A lot. :twilightsmile:

Your welcome. I comment when I can and am happy that it helps.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4