Of Starships and Golden Armors 11 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 20 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 20
Devona
Group Admin

A new monthly checkup page. How is everyone? :twilightsmile:

Same as always reading to escape every day life, family, and personal burdens... In other words... I'm do ok. Could be better but could be worse. How about everybody else?

Devona
Group Admin

Well, I'm glad you're doing okay!

I for one am brainstorming the next chapter of OSaGA, for the first time in months. It's like I've secluded myself in a more comfortable place writing-wise, and that sparked some inspiration. I'll also publish the auto-generated story in its entirety later today, though it isn't much longer than what you've already seen. Though who knows, maybe I'll end up expanding it in the future? :twilightblush:

I'm also working on adding more lore stuff here, I have the timeline ready up until approximately 2398 AD (which is the end of 'ancient history') if I remember correctly, but still need to port it over to FimFiction, which will likely end up taking some time. :twilightsheepish:

Thank you. The auto gen story is actually good for a bot. I don't know what type of AI you used but if it works this good you might want to use it to bounce ideas off of it.

Devona
Group Admin

That's a good idea!

The script is called Dreamily, but I did a lot of setting up beforehand and a little bit of corrections while it was writing, to steer it in the right direction, so to say. Nevertheless, the text is >90% auto-generated and the AI can pull off some pretty impressive feats. :twilightsmile:

To think how far AI has come in the last 50 years. In fallout games they have this my little Buttercup AI toy Horse. I have found a lot of lore on it and in fallout 76 there is a recording of one recognizing a person's voice on a phone, it actually respond to the caller and has conversations with it's owner a little girl. Them most interesting part is it can identify everyone in the family, have different personalities per toy, alert people to danger such as fire, and even call police for help. I almost forgot that it moves on it's own can easily navigate like a real horse. I keep hoping to see that on they toy shelves soon.

Devona
Group Admin

That would be great if it happened. Voice recognition has actually come a long way too since its inception, which only furthers that idea.

I know the best part of the my little Buttercup lore is the sizes they came in. They had one the dolly size that a 3 1/2 inch figure could not ride it for being too small of a horse. Still had all the features too. The second the most common is the companion size. Big enough for a dolly to ride and still small enough to carry. Then they had the just my size where a young girl could ride it. Then there is a Ranch that was made with a full horse size model. The last one was never in the game until a mod maker made a rideable Buttercup mod. Lore friendly mod that has a very high down load rating and very high recommend rating. The best part even the smallest sized one had a battery life of 12 to 18 hours between recharges. The full sized one ran on what is known as a fusion core and had enough power to run a house for over 200 years. Dam I could really use 100 of those.

Devona
Group Admin

Oh wow, I have yet to develop that kind of lore. I mostly focus on the bigger stuff for my world. :twilightblush:

Say, do you want to see a rough timeline for an entirely new universe of mine? Just out of curiosity, since I don't know where to post it, haha. It's unrelated to OSaGA, but I put some work into it. Sorry in advance!

I would love to. Fallout lore is spanning over 50 years of development and repcon. The first 2 games where made by the founding devs, then some spinoff games where made by a different developer, and the last 4 games one was made by Obsidian and the others by befsesda. Now it is owned by Microsoft. The lore for the my little Buttercup is one of the only parts that have not been altered in all that time. Good lore takes time to develop just like the good Verse your developing.

Devona
Group Admin

Thanks. :twilightsmile:
I have a rough timeline, but it's long-ish, so, uh... it might be overwhelming at first, but I'm sure it's not that bad. :twilightblush:

PRB (Pre-Breaking) - an ancient age before the Capital Cataclysm resulted in the creation of the first Imperial Government. Humanity organised into a decentralised federation focusing on Private enterprises to colonise the stars.

The Breaking - another name for the Capital Cataclysm. Devastates the federal administration on Earht, resulting in a short series of coups and a following period of war against the corporate "Principalities". Eventually, it comes to the creation of the first Imperial Government.

The Copper Age (c. ~1 PB [Post-Breaking] - ~100 PB) - the early era of the Empire, ripe with civil war and unrest. Ends with the stabilisation of the first Imperial Government.

The Luminous Millennium ( c. ~100 PB - 1100 PB) - the Golden Era of humanity and the Empire, which spreads throughout the galaxy. Around 1100 PB however, humanity is driven out of the Southern Brims by a coalition of artificial beings; machines and synthetic half-organic constructs alike. The 15.000 years long Age of Befallence, or Era Extraterra, begins.

The Age of Befallence/Era Extraterra (c. ~1100 PB - 16 100 PB) - after a big rebellion of the many artificial creations of man drives the Empire from its western parts, comprising over half of all previous human territories, man are denied significant access to the wider galaxy. This time of restriction and buildup would often be compared to an exile. The Synthetic rebels form the TrasTerran Federation and maintain control of the ancient alien Stellarite 'miracle forge' and its nearly inexhaustible resources.

The Great Genocide (c. ~16 100 PB - 16 500 PB) - a gigantic military expedition aimed at reclaiming lost territories, and later, further expansion across the galaxy. The Empire gains control of the Stellarite and uses it to aid its armadas in their galactic conquests, as it launches further crusades across the cosmos. During the offensive, a human Admiral launches a campaign against and subjugates a region of space inhabited by stray human groups known as Paria. The Great Genocide ends when the Stellarite malfunctions. A gigantic ancient vessel, the Starborn, emerges from its core.

The Golden Age (c. ~16 500 - 18 000 PB) - with the Stellarite's relic, the Starborn, in its hands, and having largely achieved galactic domination, humanity lives its glory days among the stars.

The Asymptote War (c. ~19th Millennium PB) - the devastationg war against the extragalactic Voidborne, ending in the Battle of Loyalty, or the Harageister Massacre, in which the Empire betrays its former 'barbaric' allies in hopes of gaining an easy edge over them in galactic struggles.

The Silver Era (c. ~19th Millennium PB - 23 000 PB) - after the Battle of Loyalty, centralisation of state and the formation of the Second Imperial Government, humanity goes on to subjugate most of the remaining galaxy in rapid wars of conquest and following, unending expeditions. With status quo continuously upheld though, abuse of power takes hold, slowing down progress and gradually developing a culture of pleasure. Multiple rebellions rise throughout the galaxy over the course of this Era, particularly in the now human-dominated, but multicultural Paria, most are put down without much fuss, though. After a few centuries and the reign of Council Master Mordetine, Imperial Armadas and their actions from the war against the Voidborne become revered as the manifestations of godly miracles as a result of a desire to introduce a personal cult around the Empire's leader.

The Howling Years (~23 000 PB - 35 000 PB) - A long era characterized by a steady territorial and internal decline of the human empire. Waging constant wars against its neighbours on the galactic fringes, the Empire continuously fails to subjugate or reconquer lost ground due to a growing divide between the Church and the armed forces, and the secular administration of states alongside the Pretorians. Around 30 000 PB, a barbaric raid comes all the way to the Sol System before being defeated at Saturn and the Jovian moons. The Howling Years are also characterised by the rise of the Episcopor; a Church devoted to the faith in humanity's conduitism - the belief that the human race and its actions are relays through which higher, or paranormal, powers project their wills and actions onto the universe. As such, the actions of the Imperial fleets at the Galactic Gate thousands of years earlier are treated as godly manifestations, leading some to develop cults of the military at large.

The Fracturing (~35 000 PB - 36 000 PB) - A relatively short period starting with The Fracturing Event, or the second Capital Cataclysm on Earht, wrecking the royal government, allowing the Episcopor and army to rapidly rise in power. After the formation of the weak third Imperial Government, the millennium that followed is characterised by rapid rise of the Church's autonomy, as well as its repeated attempts at establishing its own, quasi-independent "Principalities" in more and more vital systems. With faction wars within the human empire reaching their all-time high and unrest rising galaxy-wide, the empire's 'barbaric' neighbours are able to annex huge swathes of space around the galactic fringes; major human defeats in battles like the Crescent Nebula, Urdann Line, Valka, Severiana or Brightening Twins Fields lead to major reverses in the process of 'civilising' the known space, as numerous important cultural centres are either razed or occupied. The millennium eventually ends when the human empire reaches its breaking point: a staunch refusal by the government to hand over the entire region of Paria to the Episcopor and rising fear among its populace caused by several encroaching 'barbaric' raids cause several clashes between human formations in the region, which soon escalate into the Parian Civil War -- soon to become pan-imperial.

Imperial Civil War (37th Millennium PB) - When the Parian briddles spread country-wide, both sides had to adapt for the reality of a far more open confrontation. Full-scale war with defined borders and frontlines was never possible - for the Imperial Government, engaging in warfare of such nature against the Church would mean fighting its own subjects almost directly, and for the Episcopor - going against its own main doctrine. As such, most of the civil war wasn't a big, unitary war effort: although such situations did form in some regions, in the vast majority of the galaxy, it was mostly a civilian fight - both through information and porpaganda and popular uprisings. Economic concessions were fought for, with land, resources and power rights issued both by the Episcopor and Earht, leading to a tragic judicial conundrum and the eventual rise of de facto autonomy of many regions. The fighting sides as well turned hostile, with encountered enemy ships usually engaged in open combat, however no bigger campaigns were ever possible, with most efforts focused on trying to find the legitimacy to conduct a raid or drive towards a more important outpost. Even then, a lot of the resources were invensted in defence, rather than offense. During the early days of the civil war, a widespread term developed among the governors, speaking of the Empire Primary - the cluster of Earht and several dozen surrounding systems under nigh undisputed sovereignty of the royalty - and the Empire Secondary - the vastly larger Chruch equivalent. The first phase of the conflict culminated in the Church mounting a short lightning strike towards Earht, aiming to cripple the royalty in its foundation with as little political and social fallout as possible. Such an operation however could not go unnoticed, and while the campaign itself did succeed, operations in the Sol System proper not nearly as much, with a much more mobilised force of royal highborns and governors staunchly opposing the Episcopor's offensive, even purely out of fear for their own lives. As the advance became bogged down with prevailing stalemates on Mars and around Jupiter, the political fallout within Empire Secondary grew large with time, vastly limiting the Church's operational capabilities. Nevertheless, through several streaks of luck and inner rivalries of the Government - all of which would later be declared holy miracles - the attack finally reached Luna, Earht's only moon and its main military base and gateway. With the war reaching home, isolated skirmishes occuring upon the capital itself and humanity's craddle facing full-scale invasion for the first time in millennia, the Imperial Government agreed for concessions - a proposition agreed to by the Episcopor due to its own inability to wage further, unitary war effort.

Era of Silence (37th Millennium PB - 45 000 PB) - A long era spanning from the conclusion of the Imperial Civil War up until the eventual first fall of humanity's original cradle, Earht, to alien barbarian forces in the year 45 013 PB. After the Church's victory in the Imperial Civil War, the monarchy significantly diminished in power compared to the clerical Episcopor. Although not dissolved completely due to the inconclusive nature of the conflict, the Grand Council would de facto remain but a local sector-scale government, with any further power firmly in the realm of delusional bureacuracy. After their victory in the Civil War, the Episcopor's focus rapidly shifted towards reacquiring the favor of human citizens across the galaxy - usually by utilising already existing highly autonomous "Principalities" under the Church. Rapid transfers of highly personalised and independent authority and power coupled with the forming of local indentity and self-rule by various regions during the war eventually led to the development of a de facto feudal system across the known space. This period was also characterised by the rapid decline in dominance of humanity, whose weakened state was quickly exploited by its barbaric neighbours, whose territories often expanded deep into important human territories, and rarely ceased their advances in the following years due to a growing internal focus of the human empire. The Church's victory also meant the slow, de facto transfer of capital from humanity's homeworld of Earth to the Episcopor's cardinal world of Cirtius. Eventually, humanity's increased fragmentation and isolationsim led to a failure at fending off a Southern alien raid, which managed to conquer and raze much of Earht before abandoning it before incoming Imperial reinforcements. Earht would never recover from the mass Exodus of humans before and after this event.

Two Years of Pain (45 013 PB - 45 015 PB) - Two solar years during which the cradle of humanity, Earht, is occupied by alien, barbaric forces. Much of the planet is burned to the ground, and huge megatropolises are ruined almost to the building. The event echoes loudly across the fragmented human empire, as the subject planet is indeed the site of the monarchy's chambers - those of the former true rulers of the entire human space. The destruction wrought upon Earht's crust during the razing and interluding battles on and around it's surface would never be recovered from; tens of thousands of years into the future, huge swathes of land would still be covered by decrepit ruins and debris, and the mass Exodus of humans from the planet and the Sol system as a whole would leave populations of Earht the lowest since prehistoric times, at no more than a couple hundred million. After this event, the Chruch's power grows even more, engulfing a large chunk of yet uninfluenced branches of humanity, and the role of the capital of the Sol system is soon transferred to Mars.

The Scourge (45 015 PB - 47 000 PB) - Also known as the "Long Retreat", this era constitutes a major decline of the human Empire. Focusing on consolidating its own power within the pan-galactic domain, the Episcopor fails to push back major barbaric raids and huge swathes of space fall into the hands of alien invaders from galactic fringes. Also during this time, after a brief civil conflict, the Lord Governor of the region of Paria declares his area's independence, which the Church fails to squash due to its major internal focus. The Scourge is generally considered to have ended in 46 997 PB, with a human victory in the major defensive Battle of Rattling Redoubt against alien, barbaric forces.

The Quiet Times (47 000 PB - 48 000 PB) - A short era characterised by the growing stability of the human Empire in comparison with earlier times. Putting a temporary end to the barbaric invasions, the Episcopor is able to successfully conslidate its power and, with the reign of the Seven Good Arch-Priests, restructure the country into a less feudal, more centralised society. The time of relative peace however would soon meet its end with the consolidation of barbaric alien countries in the galactic North into the hypermilitarised Azymon Horde, and its crusade against Imperial space.

The Azymon War (48 000 PB - 48 300 PB) - A name referring to a period of an intense series of clashes and invasions conducted by the Azymon Horde against Imperial space and Paria alike. During this time, multiple raids reach both Earht and the human capital of Cirtius, resulting in major loss of life for the native inhabitants. The period ends with Cordin II, a human Arch-Priest, finally surrendering to the Azymon Horde, becoming its satrapy in the process, while Paria manages to retain its independence. Earht's population shrinks to around 100 million. Also during this time, Voidorne sightings are once again reported on the galactic fringes.

Subjugation Period (48 300 PB - 48 450 PB) - A brief period during which the human Empire remains a satrapy of the Azymon Horde. While Paria continues to wage wars against the barbaric invaders, most of humanity is able to enjoy relative peace during this time. Alien subjugation however causes vast amounts of religious tensions within the country at large, as it goes directly against the dogmas of conduitism, which the Church fails to satifyingly explain, leading eventually to the Shadow Revolutions.

The Shadow Revolutions (48 450 PB - 48 550 PB) - A period of war beginning with the First Cirtius Revolt in 48 451 PB, which successfully overthrows the clerical Episcopor's rule, reestablishing the hereditary monarchy as part of the fourth Imperial government. A brief era of war ensues as the Empire declares independence of its alien sovereign, leading to invasion and a string of costly human defeats, eventually culminating in the Battle of Sol, during which the Azymon Horde causes a few large-scale planetary impacts on Earht, directly preceeding an extinction event. Earht's population shrinks to less than a million, and the Shadow Revolutions soon end with the heirless death of an Azymon Emperor, leading to the Horde's eventual collapse and regained Imperial independence.

Time of Ending (48 550 PB - 50 000 PB) - Faced with more and more raids by their barbaric neighbours, renewed attacks of the Voidborne who have now settled on galactic edges and growing discontent and fear of the populace caused by the sudden changes in religious and social landscape (such as abolished faudalism and a newly secular government), the human Empire loses large swathes of space and is forced to keep an internal focus to stabilise itself just so that it doesn't collapse due to internal conflict. A few scattered victories against foreign forces do little to stop the unending enemy tide, and the human Empire finally ceases to exist after a coup in 50 048 PB establishes the Cirtian Kingdom around the former state's capital, leaving most other regions to themselves. The only one remaining to carry humanity's original legacy is the Kingdom of Paria.

It reads like someone is reading a overview of the history of mankind. I can see it as a good starting point in a story.

Devona
Group Admin

It's just a general timeline of the universe so far, but I may base a story in it sometime in the future... hmm, I'm getting an idea, but maybe I shan't reveal it yet. :twilightblush:

Glad to know I help spark an idea. I say when your ready to use it in a story list the same how you posted here. Maybe break it up into time frame groups that can be posted as someone learning about it a little piece at a time. Think of it as prewritten content that you can use to help bring a little background lore a piece at a time.

Devona
Group Admin

Hmm, maybe, maybe indeed.

What do you think about the universe in general? Is it bearable, or not really a worthy setting for things? It's one thing to be an author, but a whole another to have a reader's perspective...

It is definitely interesting universe. What happens to the humans and how did they react to Equestria. More importantly how dose Equestria react to space flaring humans and all other crap the follows them. I definitely would read it.

Devona
Group Admin

I have yet to establish how Equestria and the ponies could fit into this verse, as I don't want to once again pull the "another dimension" trick, even though if you know something about the Multiverse Theory it opens up quite some possibilities. :twilightblush:

I do know that everything is connected. Not just as layers but by distance. You can travel from one Verse to another it just takes time. The other way is how you said before "dimension jumping" which is folding space, wormholeing, or even space time ripping. There is several videos on YouTube that show the distance for traveling the multiverse, megaverse, and so on. I say a super fast FTL ship with cryo reinforced suspended animation sleep that has traveled for 30 to 40 thousand years from one multiverse to another and then break down or stops in space with Equestria's planet being the closest to them.

Devona
Group Admin

I'm actually quite versed as far as the Multiverse Theory goes, and thus that's what I used in Of Starships and Golden Armours (it explains pony magic, for example). But I kind of want to have something else here... if I decide to write it at all, of course. We will see, I guess. We will :heart:

I will be watching for the post. :yay:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 20