Story Idea Depot 15 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Prologue
Standing outside of a non-descript house; a brunette male wearing a baggy white t-shirt and olive green sweatshirt jacket stood waiting as five others arrived.
“Hey guys; long time no see,” the male commented
“Teej; it's been years,” an African-American male replied, giving the other a fist bump
“The six of us haven't been together since our time at Third Street Elementary,” a black-haired female wearing an orange dress and brown jacket added
“Well; our families thought it was best if we went to separate junior high schools,” another female in a blue dress added
“Gretchen; you and Spinelli are right,” an obese blond male stated “After our childhood antics; perhaps time away has been good.”
“I for one miss you guys,” the smallest blond male added “Military academy gets boring without friends.”
“Well; ladies and gentlemen; I'd like to officially welcome you to the welcome back party,” TJ introduced
“What did you have in mind for the party,” Gretchen asked
“Gus; Mikey, Vince, Spinelli and Gretchen; I just wanted to see how everyone's been doing,” TJ replied innocently
“Spill it Teej,” Spinelli demanded “What's the plan?”
“Alright you got me. I wanted to go back to Third Street and prank Prickly for old time's sake,” TJ said with a sigh
“Well; why don't we do that tomorrow,” Vince offered
With introductions out of the way; each of them headed inside and grabbed a soda before finding a seat in the living room.
“What's everyone been up to,” TJ started
“I've been enrolled at the military academy since junior high,” Gus replied “My dad was also promoted to Army Colonel a few years back.”
“Congrats to your father on that,” TJ complimented “That's a big deal if I'm not mistaken.”
“I'm practically valedictorian at my school for sports captain,” Vince bragged
“Away from school I've been taking karate lessons,” Spinelli added
“I've been working on getting into MENSA,” Gretchen chimed in “They should be contacting me soon about it.”
“My singing has improved,” Mikey sang to their applause
“Encore, encore,” they added
“Gus; any word on the girl you liked in elementary school,” TJ asked “Chip something.”
“You mean Theresa,” Gus corrected “Her father; the now Lieutenant Commander LaMaise; allowed her to attend the academy with me and we are dating.”
“Congrats man,” Vince replied, giving him a high five
“So; what's the prank we're pulling,” Spinelli asked
“You'll just have to wait and see,” TJ replied with a smirk
CHAPTER 1
The next day; TJ threw the object inside a backpack as they walked down the street.
“It's hard to believe Third Street is still here,” Vince mused
“At least Prickly got a better car,” Spinelli added
“Alright; let's get this over with,” TJ decided
TJ pulled out a small kit and picked open the car door. The bag was opened as a block of foam was thrown into the back seat along with the front.
“Come on; let's go,” he added, closing the door “The old ‘shaving cream in the car’ trick.”
“Um TJ,” Gretchen started “I don't…”
“Not now,” he countered as their former principal approached
“Good morning to you all,” Principal Prickly started “Shaving cream in my car; eh, Detweiler?”
“Yes sir,” TJ admitted casually “Besides pranking you; we wanted to see our old elementary school again.”
“Well; I'll wait a while and clean the shaving cream out of my car,” Prickly joked “Enjoy your visit in the meantime.”
Having been dismissed so casually; they headed inside the front entrance to the school. Sitting nearby was a bust of their old nemesis Muriel Finster along with a plaque dedicating the cafeteria after her. Each bowed their head in silent respect as although they made her life miserable; Miss Finster did care for the students’ wellbeing.
Following the moment of silence; the next trip was outside towards the playground. Standing tall over everything was the jungle gym christened as ‘Old (New) Rusty’. It consisted of the 45 foot high tower a spiral slide left from along with a swings.
“Ah; now there's a sight for sore eyes,” Vince said
“Old Rusty in the metaphorical flesh,” TJ climbed in
“Halt! You six there; what are you doing here,” a student demanded
“King Silas demands an answer,” another added
“We're guests here. I'm sure you remember the ‘Prankster Prince’,” TJ replied
“There hasn't been anyone here with that name since the era of King Bob,” Silas mused
“Well; I'm sure he'd be glad to know the newer generations still have heard of him,” TJ added
“You never introduced yourselves to the king,” Silas noted
“TJ Detweiler.”
“Vince LaSalle.”
“Spinelli.”
“Gretchen Grundler.”
“Mikey Blumberg.”
“Gus Griswald.”
“I remember a short lived King Detweiler,” Silas mused “Served for a week before handing it back.”
“Well; I was asked to hold down the tower and did just that,” TJ answered “I never thought it was memorable.”
“I saw you pranking the principal's car,” Silas mused; “What did you use?”
“Shaving cream,” TJ answered proudly
“As I was trying to tell you earlier; that wasn't shaving cream,” Gretchen warned
“That was expanding foam,” Spinelli added
“Even better,” TJ decided
“It's worse. I've helped putting that stuff in,” Spinelli corrected “Once that expands; it's almost impossible to remove.”
“You wrecked Principal Prickly’s car,” Vince chimed in
“And we're your accomplices in the crime,” Mikey finished
“DETWEILER,” Prickly screamed, loud enough for the playground to hear “YOU'RE GOING TO BE SORRY!”
“Oops. Time to go,” TJ decided
Upon hearing that; he bolted for the entrance doors into the school as the others trailed behind. Prickly returned to his office and dialed police as their parents were also going to be notified of the destruction to the car.
Hoping not to be found; TJ ran through the hallways trying each doorknob. Everyone was locked which resulted in a mini panic attack. Not looking where he was going; he finally found a room in the first grade corridor that was empty.
“That's too close,” he whispered
“With everything I have going for me,” Vince started angrily “Give me a reason I shouldn't hand you over to the cops?”
“I'm your best friend,” TJ offered meekly
“If you had told us what that was; I'd have stopped you,” Spinelli hissed “You're lucky I don't hogtie you and drag you out.”
“Alright look,” TJ begged “If they find us; I'll turn myself over for punishment and say that none of you had any involvement.”
As they were talking; a single white light appeared in the back of the classroom and grew to the size of an American half-dollar before splitting into six different colored lights the size of a quarter. As the six formed; they started to spin slowly clockwise at the same distance and pace.
“I'm not the only one seeing this right,” Gus asked
“This is scientifically impossible; but it's happening,” Gretchen added
“I hear footsteps down the hall,” Vince said “Make your decision now.”
“Creepy lights,” TJ started, gesturing to each option “Seriously Trouble.”
“Lights…trouble,” he tried again as the footsteps got closer
“Lights win,” TJ decided, heading towards the back
Figuring they had no choice; each followed behind as TJ disappeared from sight. Vince was the last to make it through; taking one last look at their world. Just as Prickly and company entered into the darkened classroom; the lights flickered out of existence.
“I don't get it,” he said in disbelief “I heard their voices in this room.”
On the other side; a second portal opened up as six beings fell into a room that was entirely covered in crystal.
“Are we dead,” a voice asked
“TJ; is that you,” another added
“What the heck just happened,” a female demanded
“You all look different,” a second female pointed out
Examining their appearance in a piece of crystal revealed the truth. A light brown pegasus with black mane and tail and a basketball cutie mark stretched his wings as an orange griffin turned to examine itself. Next to them was a bipedal cat and minotaur that seemed to stand as tall as an old friend. The last two creatures seemed to be from digging into a waste bin as a snake-like creature with mixed up limbs was near a black bug that kept changing shape.

TJ- Draconequus
Spinelli- griffin
Vince- pegasus
Gretchen- abyssinian feline
Mikey- minotaur
Gus- changeling

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2