The Runeverse 10 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

Now that we have some members, it's time to start brainstorming!

These two elements are the only ones unaccounted for in the Runeverse, but TCC and I have discussed ideas for who they could be on Discord:

• He considered making Mane Allgood the Element of Kindness, but thought her and Fluttershy jobs were too similar for a swap to be interesting. However, I'm interested in how her having and excuse to stay in Ponyville would affect Scootaloo's character, and I also came up with a cute side-story idea about her and Seabreeze.
  • I suggested making Rara the Element of Honesty. She's already associated with Applejack, her episode is about being honest to her true self, and we could even include Applejack's country singer persona Applechord. Problem is, I can't picture Rara as a farmer.

What do you think? Do you have any other ideas?

I will say marble pie can be kindness and I'm still thinking about honesty because I don't know yet I'll try to get back to that

Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

7396574 Hm... Marble Pie is certainly similar to Fluttershy.

I may be a bit late to the party, but have another suggestion for Element of Kindness: Songbird Serenade.

• her song in the movie is all about seeing the good in someone and supporting them through a dark time, which sounds pretty apt for Kindness;
  • in terms of personality, she seems fairly quiet, kind and caring towards others, not unlike Fluttershy, but she's also more sociable and laid-back, which means she's not an exact copy either;
  • and she's a musician in canon, which fits this AU's musical theme.

(Of course, not sure this would fit with the stories you've planned, so take this with a grain of salt.)

Also, I wholeheartedly support Rara as the Element of Honesty. It may even be a plot point that she's not cut out to be a farmer, e.g. her life's calling is music, but she also has a family farm to take care of, and has to choose between her passion and her legacy, that sort of thing.

Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

7419959 Ooh, I could picture an entire story based on your Rara idea.

I thought of as more of a longer story arc (like Rainbow Dash joining the Wonderbolts)... but a standalone could work too, especially since it's more likely to get done)

Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

7420019 Are you interested in writing for this 'verse?

That would be interesting to try) Though I haven't watched MLP in a long while and my knowledge of canon is a bit rusty, so I'll need some time to catch up on the relevant episodes and stuff.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8