Equinox 83 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
Recon777
Group Admin

Bernard has drawn the three pony tribes! This lets everyone see our vision for what ponies actually look like, which finally helps us step away from the MLP mental image that most people are going to have as a default.

You know, I suspect most people really love the familiar style and the less you hammer home the realistic style - no matter how good - the better readers can pretend they are still reading MLP.
Just saying.

Recon777
Group Admin

I didn't downvote your comment, but... yes, that's the whole point. As I said in my original post of this thread, the art is supposed to help people envision our ponies, rather than MLP ponies. We do not want people pretending they are still reading MLP. Equinox is our own original Intellectual Property, legally independent from Hasbro.

And yet I can't help but notice that you want to get readers from the mlp fans and not Horseland.
I was merely tossing you the oldest marketing strategy in the world: Lying to customers.
Have the established pony style for fimfiction - and your original art for wherever.

But I can see this advice is unwelcome so I'll shut up.

Recon777
Group Admin

Making our art similar to that of Hasbro's would invite a quick Cease and Decist from the corporation. They do not appreciate people mooching off their style and content to build their own IP. We've taken every possible step to distance ourselves from MLP so that people will not automatically assume "Oh, another MLP knockoff" when they are exposed to it.

The whole point of this group, as stated in the Welcome message, is to "provide a bridge for Flurry in Time fans so that you can continue following along with the saga as it is developed".

Flurry in Time gathered hundreds of fans of the story, and the story obviously is part of a much larger universe and needs sequels, etc. It isn't a stand-alone story. It wouldn't be very nice to those fans to just leave them hanging like "sorry that's all there is or will ever be". We wanted to ensure that the fans of Flurry in Time could follow the progress of Equinox. Not everyone wants to join a Discord server. Many are firmly rooted and regularly involved here on fimfiction. For those people, this group exists so they can experience the rest of the saga if they don't want to add more social platforms to their regular internet tour.

Besides, it's not just art that's different. What happens once we go back 17 centuries to Nyx's childhood in the year 1183 AH when it becomes obvious that every single canon MLP character, location, and event no longer exists? I mean, here is a list of characters in the year 1183 when Nyx arrives. There's no hiding the fact that this isn't even remotely MLP at that point.

and not Horseland

Uh... I don't even know what Horseland is. But whatever it is, we haven't published FIT there.
This group is for FIT fans.
The one and only reason we were ever here on fimfiction at all is because, as stated in the website's front page:

The original story of the series, Black Feather, began as an action/adventure alternate universe fanfiction of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in September of 2014.

This is where we began. It is the only reason Flurry in Time was originally written as a MLP fanfic.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5