Reviews of MLP:FiM 47 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Magic135
Group Admin

MLP Reviews

After one Rainbow episode, it’s shocking that we get another one week later. But unlike May the Best Pet Win, The Mysterious Mare Do Well did not have the same impact as the last episode. Once this episode came out, many fans view this as the worst of the series, and while I can see what they’re talking about, I’m one of the few that like this story.

Speaking of the story, Rainbow, happy to have a fan club, starts saving ponies left and right around the town, making her the town hero. But after a while, it gets to her head that she can handle anything, leaving her to brag about a lot of things. But when a new pony hero comes to town, dubbed Mare Do Well by Mayor Mare, Rainbow gets jealous and tries to beat her to any rescue, with no luck. Now Rainbow decides to catch the masked mare and see who she really is.

Now let’s get to the main reason fans don’t like this episode. I am behind with the lesson of not bragging about the great things you did, but how they did it here didn’t work. What Twilight and the others did as Mare Do Well to teach Rainbow a lesson is wrong, especially when we see them at Sugarcube Corner praising the masked mare before Rainbow tried to get her. That’s messed up writing right there.

So, why do I like the episode? Well, I understand what Rainbow is going through in the story. She lives to be the hero everypony should look up too, she’s often the first to show up when something bad happens and she thinks of the safety of others before herself. She loves being in the spotlight, and to have someone else take it away from her would make her upset, to a point where she does any good mundane thing just to get praise. We know Rainbow has an ego the size of Ponyville, but even in past episodes, she’s been taking down a bit or two.

So, yeah, I won’t lie, while I find this episode ok, I can understand why others don’t enjoy it very much. With weak writing and a poor execution, this is one of the weaker stories of season 2. I say try it once to see what others are talking about, but lower your expiations, after all there are better Rainbow episodes out there to watch than this.

Final Rating: 6/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1