Reviews of MLP:FiM 47 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Magic135
Group Admin

MLP Reviews

As a Rarity fan, I always look forward for any episode that stars her, weather with her on her own, or sharing the screen with her friends or with her little sister, Sweetie Belle. Sisterhooves Social is one of those episodes, not only is it one of the best Rarity episodes, but it also looks into the relationship between two sisters who can’t see eye-to-eye, but still care about each other.

What’s the story? Rarity has to look after her sister while their parents are out of town, but Sweetie’s eagerness to help or trying to do something nice just made Rarity mad. Upon leaving her alone to cool off, Sweetie hangs with Applejack and Apple Bloom who are getting ready for the sisterhooves social, a series of contests that celebrates the relationship between both big and little sisters. Sweetie asks Rarity to compete, but she’s not interested viewing the event as uncouth. But after seeing how Sweetie helped around the house and see a picture she made, Rarity realized how much she misses her sister and tries to get her back, but with no luck as Sweetie views Applejack as a better sister than Rarity, and without giving away the ending, let’s say the two have made a plan to help Rarity and Sweetie become closer as sisters.

Now this was fun. The way the Belle sisters interact with each other is really spot on. It shows us that while the two don’t agree on the same things, they still care for each other. We can even see two sides of the sister’s situation, you got Rarity who used to do thing a certain way, compared to Sweetie who’s really eager to spend time with her sister, but feeling upset when things don’t go the way she hoped. A family with two sisters can look at this and have a sense of da javu when seeing the two banter.

It's different compared to the apple sisters, Applejack and Apple Bloom know how to work as a team, make chores fun and able to help their friends. I even like the way Applejack was able to help Rarity with her sister problem and give us some good advice…

Applejack: [chuckles] Oh Rarity, once again you're thinkin' about yourself. Bein' sisters is a give and take. You've been doin' a whole lotta takin', but you haven't been doin' a whole lotta givin'.

Rarity: But of course I give. I give lessons. Reasonable demands.
Applejack: But ya never give in. Bein' sisters is like... apple pie. You can have amazin' apples, and you can have a wonderfully crispy crust, but only together you can have a perfect apple pie.
Rarity: But apart, all we are is just a pile of mush and some crumbly dry mess...

The sisterhooves social is great to see. While we only saw the race portion of the event, we can imagine what other games the social has. They did do this event again in a later season, but we’ll get to that another time. The race is a lot of fun, we see the many challenges the race has from start to finish, and I like how Rarity stayed muddy through the whole race and the fact Applejack must have strong lungs to hold her breath while under a bunch of mud.

With that said, this episode was a blast. Not only do we see the relation between both Rarity and Sweetie, but we also see how far one would go to be with the other. For anyone who has an older or younger sibling, this episode is for you, so you can feel the feeling the sisters have and relate to them in some way. For anyone else, it’s still worth checking out. I know I’m not done with it, and I’m ready to see it again very soon.

Final Rating: 10/10

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1