Passports and Portals 54 members · 45 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

Remember Admiral Biscuit’s Not-a-Contest? If you don’t, he encouraged people to write fanfics about ponies having jobs on Earth, but it wasn’t a proper contest because he wasn’t going to rank them. I was wondering if we could do something similar here, based on our discussions in the Fimfiction Discord server about ponies being tourists on Earth.

While the similarities are obvious, it bears restating here, of course, that it's not so much about ponies working on Earth as it is ponies visiting various locales around the world - and given the circumstances these days, I'm sure there are plenty of people longing for the outdoors :twilightsheepish:

In short, aye. I think it's a fantastic idea.

Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

I think a good way to spread the word would be to mention this glorified prompt in the descriptions of relevant fanfics.

Aye to that, though we'll have to outline the prompt formally here.

Nitro Indigo
Group Admin

I was thinking that the prompt wouldn’t have to be detailed, something like:

Write about ponies being tourists on Earth. That’s it. There are no restrictions. The sky’s the limit.

...Okay, they don’t have to be ponies. It’s just quicker to say than “My Little Pony characters”.

Sounds good enough for me - though I'd also suggest some pointers for diversity. Say, obscure places and whatnot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6