Darkwing Duck 32 members · 4 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

Hey there. There has been an idea that has been bouncing around in my head for literally years involving Trixie as the Mare-Do-Well, basically making the character a true Darkwing Duck Expy; including having Muffins as a Launchpad Expy and the author's choice of child characters (whether canon or OC) as Gosalyn.

Unfortunately, as much as the idea has been bouncing around in my head, I haven't had the time or inspiration needed to make the idea truly work.

However, anybody who likes the idea enough can definitely go for it.

What a coincidence, I had a similar idea for Trixie in the role of Darkwing Duck. As for who to be Gosalyn, I thought Bab Seed would be a great choice.

Indeed she would. Thanks very much, NobodieZ. :-D

As for the villains, the only ones I could think of specifically were:

Negaduck: Chrysalis (kind of a Casting Gag considering Trixie and Chrysalis have the same voice actress [just as Darkwing and Negaduck had the same voice actor in the original series], but it makes sense when you consider that Chrysalis could use her shape-shifting abilities to make herself into an evil lookalike to the Mare-Do-Well AND Chrysalis would NOT exactly be above striking at Starlight through her best friend).

and

The Flim-Flam Brothers sharing the role of the Liquidator (as they ARE crooked salesponies and certainly smart enough to come up with ways to mimic the Liquidator's water control powers)

GameQubb
Group Admin

I know it seems kinda obvious but I think Iron Will would probably be good for Taurus Bulba. Unless there is someone that acts a little more like him.

Yeah, I'll agree that Iron Will LOOKS the part physically, but really, he is (even taking "Once Upon A Zeppelin" into account) STILL one of the LEAST evil MLP antagonists (i.e. the WORST he did was bilk vacationers, which is pretty small potatoes compared to the major villains in the MLP series).

Grogar, on the other hand, is DEFINITELY sufficiently nasty AND a natural criminal mastermind.

Still, I WILL be mature enough to respect your right to your beliefs.

GameQubb
Group Admin

Yeah I didn't think Iron Will was good enough for that either, Grogar is much better.

GameQubb
Group Admin

I just thought of a story like this. It stars Trixie, Starlight, the Young Six, and Chrysalis, it's also a parody of the DuckTales episode "The Duck Knight Returns". Trixie was trying to find her new place in Equestria now that Starlight became the new head of the Friendship School and Twilight is the new ruler of Equestria, so she would try to make herself out to be the image of the Mare Do Well, which Spike recreated with help of Snips and Snails to sell his own comic book series, and Chrysalis uses the Mare Do Well to cause some trouble for the young Six. In the end Chrysalis is defeated and Starlight helps Trixie realize that her new calling was to become the Mare Do Well and be an actual superhero, to which she accepts, and Chrysalis becomes the arch enemy of the Mare Do Well.

So basically the Mare Do Well, who is Trixie, will play the role of Darkwing Duck and Chrysalis will play the role of Negaduck. So what do you think?

I think that IS a really, REALLY good idea. Thanks very much.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9