POKEMON Detective Pikachu 33 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Jigoku Luna
Group Admin

I gotta say that they did a very good job bringing the Pokemon world to life. The acting of Ryan as the voice of Pikachu is really good and Smith is a mixed bag at times but still gives out a good performance. Kathryn Newton hams it up for Lucy, something that makes sense for her character so can't really nitpick that. The rest of the cast are okay, can't say much as I don't want to spoil the key moments. If anyone is worried that I will spoil the ending of the film then don't worry about that, I will only be spoiling a few things that happen in the movie like the title states.

I have to say that I was impressed with how they designed the Pokemon and how they interacted with the world. They also make it clear that Pokemon battle and trainers still exist but frowned upon in Ryme City, other than the underground Pokemon battle.

I won't spoil how the movie opens but I have to say I really like the scene that happens after that. You see Tim and his friend find a crying Cubone in the middle of the field and the friend gives him a Pokeball to catch it. Does it catch it? No.

The Cubone does run after Tim and gets his ass handed to him. They do mention the Pokemon's pokedex entry which was a great touch and shows the people did the research.

Other then that, it was a fun ride and seeing the Pokemon in live action was a sight to behold. The story won't blow you or anything, you might find the ending silly but then villain plans in most Pokemon media are pretty dumb. I'm looking at you Pokemon Sapphire.

Oh yes, the writers want to do A Star Is Born-Style Movie With Jigglypuff which is so silly that I want that happen. Link is here

I’ve just seen it today, Loved it so much; was pretty much half watching the film and half trying to spot all the Pokémon I could name or knew in all of the scenes.

I liked the fact that Bill Nighy was in it too; Ryan Reynolds was so funny as the Voice of DP.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2