Pony Transformation General 1,075 members · 1,888 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Afternoon. I have this idea I came up with earlier tonight that I wanted to get out and help get some input, maybe some suggestions and ideas to help compile onto this. First of all, I'm not sure if I'm not sure if 'TF into specific pony' counts or not. So if that specific isn't allowed here then do tell me where it is more appropriate.

My idea is about someone waking up or being displaced into Princess Celestias body. Pony or Anthro I'm not sure, but leaning Anthro. The plot would be them having to keep up an act where they have to assume all of Celestias responsibilities without letting anyone catch on. Obviously a lot of ponies would be a tad curious of their Princess's sudden stiff and awkward nature, leading to tense moments. But It would largely be a comedy with some light story elements.

There's the main jest of it, still needs a lot of tempering. Some things I can't decide on are the Protagonist, what time this takes place, and where to exactly run this, and also an odd concept I had for this.

1. I was thinking about having someone who is very meek and quiet spoken, an obvious opposite to Celestia. But they slowly get use to the motions and grow more confident - maybe cocky even which would lead to some serious consequences later. Obviously they have no idea of the show. Wouldn't be fun to see someone meta gaming and automatically know what to do.

2. I was thinking just at the start of the series, like the day Twilight attempts to warn her about Nightmare Moon returning. This won't be some retelling of Canon from Celestias few, it would be a very loose adaption. Plus it would defeat the whole purpose of the plots original idea to just focusing on The Mane Six.

3. Honestly I'm unsure. Maybe just a semi-retelling largely focusing on Celestia - or go into its own story about her private life and the troubles she has. Like a slice of life with small moments.

4. Silly idea, but I was thinking maybe a remnant of Celestia's original personality is still left in the protagonists psyche. Acting as a sort of conscience to their actions. Maybe even trying to teach them to act more like how Celestia originally did before they try to figure out a solution their problem.

What are your thought? I find talking about an idea I come up with really helps me see it in a bigger picture and help develop it into something more.

Something I've always been interested in is Celestia's time ruling in between the events of the show and Luna's banishment. She was on her own ruling what seems to be a very large nation just after a civil war (or alternatively having just barely avoided having one, depending on your head cannon). Does Equestria still trust her after that? What about bat ponies? Do the nobles take advantage of Celestias moment of weakness to undermine her? How does the rest of the world perceive Equestria in this time? Does she meet friends that we don't see in the show? What exactly happened with Sunset (this one may actually be answered already, I've never watched the EQ movies except the first).

There are so many questions to be asked about that time period. But that's just me. Do what you wanna do :P

Perhaps I could roll back the time period to mess around with that idea. It's interesting. Maybe not long after Luna's banishment - maybe during the after math. The castle is still under repairs from the epic battle and the Bat ponies are under extereme unease - be it they lost their Princesses and have no proper leader now or they believe Celestia will banish them next just for working under Luna.

And I'd imagine this would cause a huge ripple in the rest of the world. Maybe some other nations plot an attack on the weakened Equestria, maybe Nobles use the power vacuum left by Luna and the grief of Celestia to try and push their own agendas.

As for Sunset? I'm not sure. I need to bidge watch MLP as a whole to recall everything. And this was gonna be a Good reason to do so. I think, I THINK it was because she was studying forbidden magic or the like.

Any other thoughts on my other ideas? I'm still on the fence about how the protagonist should be.

Well...you mentioned that their personality would essentially be the opposite of Celestia's, so something interesting you could do is instead of worrying about hiding the new personality, Have them approach things from a different angle and slowly have them come to realize the merits of diplomacy and friendship over domination and force. Even if that force is for the good of others.

Ah. So have them try a band aid solution first of retaliating against any danger before slowly realizing she needs to use a gentler touch? Could lead to a nice scene between her and some other nations ruler talking it out on a battle field with both of their armies ready and coming to an agreement.

What are some minor issues that would arise? Like habits or quirks she could over come? I'd imagine she could carry over an odd behavior from her last life like... Pacing back and forth when bored or anxious, stuttering when nervous, or trying to be less forgetful. Smaller character victories if that makes sense

Im not really sure to be honest. Its like 5:AM where I live and my brain is running on 2%, Im surprised Im still awake enough to have thought up anything :P

Same, feel free to pass out and come back when you're well rested. I really like discussing this with you.

i personaly would put a meek gamer dude in her body

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8