The Amazing World of Gumball Group 238 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello, my name is Twilight is the BEST and the name is absolutely right!
Now you probably remember the news during the CN's 25th anniversary where Ben retweeted an article by Regular Capital which people interpreted as season six being the final season. I had some skepticism about this news since only one line in the article said "sixth and final season" and RC didn't clarify if that what he believed or that was what Mic Graves said. Well recently after looking up any news about CN's upcoming show "Elliott From Earth" I found that RC made a follow-up article about the 25th anniversary article where he gave us clarification.

On 30th September 2018, I wrote a blog post regarding the special BAFTA screening in London for Cartoon Network UK’s 25th anniversary, however there is one important thing I need to address. In the blog post, I mentioned that The Amazing World of Gumball is in its “sixth and final season”, however more clarification is needed about this.

In it he did clarified that Mic Graves did in fact admitted that the show is ending.

As it stands, production has ended at the end of season six, as confirmed by several members of the Gumball production crew, including the show’s creator Ben Bocquelet who even retweeted the blog post in question which basically reaffirms what I’ve stated, even when I spoke to show director Mic Graves to ask him a few questions about Gumball at the end of the screening, he admitted that the show was ending, in the conversation I said “It’s sad that Gumball is ending”, he replied “At least, there’s always the movie”.

Now at this point this would legit evidence that Gumball is in fact ending. Right? Well.. maybe not. RC continued on with the article, this time adding recent information that he got on the same day he posted the article (Oct 12) that kinda contradicts Mic Graves opinion. RC tells that he was contacted by Turner and that they wanted to talk to him about that statement of the season being the last. Turning told him that the show hasn't ended since they can't confirm that season 6 is the finale and even stated the possibility of future seasons. RC then talks about that some of the production team on Gumball (one of them Mic Graves) and focusing on the upcoming show "Elliott From Earth" and that it seems that Gumball is still open but the creative team are working on EFE for now.

However, this morning (12th October) I received a phone call from Turner Northern Europe’s (Cartoon Network UK and Cartoon Network Nordic) Press Office in London about this particular statement on the blog post. Turner has said that the show hasn’t technically ended as they (as in management) can’t confirm that season 6 is the final season and there’s still the possibility of more seasons in the future, some members of the Gumball production team are now currently focusing on the new show – Elliott From Earth. So from a corporate standpoint, the door is still open and Gumball hasn’t ended, but from a creative and production standpoint it has for now at least. This is the case for any show though, any show can come back into production. Obviously, there’s no word of a season renewal for the show at the moment.

Thinking about this, and adding up the times and dates, it actually make sense. Like for example, Elliott From Earth will only contain 20 episodes in its first season. Why is that? Well I think it ties in with the production, for Gumball it takes about 14 months to make a 40 episode season, and seeing screen-shots of EFE, especially this shot, we can guess that it will use the same mixture of animations as Gumball and thous the same production speed. Though because Elliott From Earth only consists of 20 episodes, half of what a regular season of Gumball, so with that logic the production speed of finishing the first season of Elliott From Earth would be cut from 14 months to 7 months to finish. Elliott From Earth officially started production in the month of September 2018 and we count the seven months since, the best guess of when production of the new show will finish in the month of April 2019. I think this is why CN made EFE 20 episodes so that it could be done early so that a seventh season of Gumball could be possible. Now other than rumors and the staffs social medias, there haven't been any actual announcement from Cartoon Network whether Gumball would get another season, and it is odd for them to hold out this long since they would usually say something by now. Now with this additional information, I can imagine when CN will finally announce the fate of Gumball would be either in April 2019 since that's when the Gumball staff would be finished with Elliott From Earth or June 2019 since that's been the usual time they announce news about Gumball. I think because of EFE that CN has been silent about whether or not Gumball would continue, maybe they were going to green lit another season, but EFE was pitched to them on July 2, 2018 and seeing that it would be easier to work on one show decided not to renew a seventh season of Gumball and for the time putting the show in a bit of a limbo until Elliott From Earth is done to have the team now refocus back to Gumball for either a continuation or final season, with a movie to either case. Well that's my theory anyways. What do you think? Is there still a possibility that show would continue? Leave your comments down below and I'm Twilight is the BEST and the name is absolutely right!

P.S. Regular Capital also change the line in his 25th anniversary article so it would no longer give the impression of the show ending.

The aforementioned blog post has been amended to reflect this information, I apologise if I have misled anyone due to this and I feel really bad about it, I’m as confused as you. But still, it’s great to hear that Gumball hasn’t technically ended.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1