The Amazing World of Gumball Group 238 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello my name is Twilight is the BEST and the name is absolutely right!

Now there's been some recent news about The Amazing World of Gumball. I was looking at the weekly schedule for Cartoon Network on CN archives and saw this and after looking in the Gumball Group I saw orp's forum on the matter as well. Seeing this, I went to the special report about CN's 25th Anniversary Screening, it was mostly screenings of other CN shows like Adventure time, Summer Camp Island, and The Amazing World of Gumball. Though the part that is getting attention was the Q&A with Mic Graves, the show director for Gumball, and in RegularCapital (the person who wrote the report) said two things that hinted that Gumball would end.

The Amazing World of Gumball is currently halfway through its six and final season, season six will have a total of 44 episodes and a typical season of 40 episodes takes two years to produce.

After the screening, I had a chance to talk to Mic about the future plans of The Amazing World of Gumball, Mic said that a script for The Amazing World of Gumball movie is currently being worked on, however its still in its very early stages. Mic also said that he hopes that the movie will happen.

After this, people now began speculating that this is also confirmation that the show is ending, and at first glance yeah it does sound like it... But when you take a closer look at it... Not really.
Let's start off with the quotes, when you look at the quotes alone it does sound like its ending, but when you put in the two paragraphs in you get this.

During the Q&A session it was mentioned that work on The Amazing World of Gumball started in 2008, which means Gumball is now technically ten years old. Mic was asked why is the show and its characters were crazy, Mic joking said that its because of the people who work on it. Mic also explains that Gumball’s team produce the show from the perspective of their childhoods and what type of show they would of enjoyed as kids. The show has a lot of creative freedom, but sometimes Cartoon Network’s standards and practices team make sure that each episode is suitable for kids to watch. Some members of the audience were surprised to learn that The Amazing World of Gumball wasn’t made in the United States but in London with some work produced at Studio Soi in Germany (known for the animated specials The Gruffalo and The Gruffalo’s Child) the show makes use of British comedy writers’ talent and combines it with an American setting and American culture for the purpose of making it easier to market to audiences in the United States (Cartoon Network’s home market). The Amazing World of Gumball is currently halfway through its six and final season, season six will have a total of 44 episodes and a typical season of 40 episodes takes two years to produce. Mic’s favourite Cartoon Network show at the moment is Apple and Onion created by former Gumball storyboarder – George Gendi and his favourite episode of Gumball is “The Remote”.

Mic also revealed that there will be an episode of Gumball called “The Future” coming out soon, the episode will be about Barbara Banana’s (Banana Joe’s mother) prophetic paintings which depict scenes of what will happen in the future. After the screening, I had a chance to talk to Mic about the future plans of The Amazing World of Gumball, Mic said that a script for The Amazing World of Gumball movie is currently being worked on, however its still in its very early stages. Mic also said that he hopes that the movie will happen. I also asked Mic if he will be working on Cartoon Network Studios Europe new show – Elliott from Earth, he confirmed that he’s working on the new show with the show’s creator – Guillaume Cassuto (former compositing supervisor on Gumball), he also said the script for the pilot has been complete and there’s five drafts for other episodes have been written, he also confirmed that he started working on the new show this month. Animation is a lengthy process but its great to hear an update.

When you read the first paragraph and look at the context of it, you'll see that the part where it mentions season six being final has nothing to do with the Q&A. It would of been different if that was an actual answer, but since its just by it self, I think that RC was mentioning this and just included that he believed it was ending. The second paragraph talked about the potential movie which fans thought it could be the series finale, but in the paragraph it talks nothing about it being that. It was just about the potential movie itself and just because a potential movie is coming doesn't mean that it will be the show's finale, just look at Teen Titans Go. In fact the question was in fact is the status future of Gumball and since Mic Graves didn't mention it ending, I say this isn't as fool proof as people like to hear. Oh and the part where Mic Graves said he will also be working on another show, he didn't say that he would be leaving Gumball. Not to mention the new show is confirmed to be a 20 part series means that it won't last a while.
Another thing people believe that this could be proof is that Ben the creator retweeted CN Schedule Archive's Tweet on the report. Though since Ben didn't explain why he retweeted this it could mean other things. Like since Ben hardly post his own Tweets he saw CNSA's Tweet and wanting to spread the word about the Q&A decided to retweeted so the report itself can get more views despite it saying Gumball will end.
Also the last thing that I wanted to say is just because this and other post from the staff maybe hinting the show's end doesn't mean that its official. The only way to get a official answer on if the show is ending or not is from Cartoon Network itself and other than their official statement in 4th of October 2016 saying otherwise.

Ben is currently working on season 6 and will then be moving on from The Amazing World of Gumball. We respect people move on from projects but we have a great and talented team behind the show. To date the series has won 28 international awards including 6 BAFTAs, and is also our most viewed Turner-produced show globally with more than 170 million tuning in worldwide last quarter. We have just greenlit another season and will continue producing the show and engaging fans across the world.

So what I'm saying is that for now its still unconfirmed that The Amazing World of Gumball would be ending until Cartoon Network itself announces that it would be ending. Well that's my thoughts on the matter.
What do you think? Am I right or just trying to deny the truth? Share your thoughts in the comments and I'll see you next time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1