The Amazing World of Gumball Group 238 members · 3 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

Hello everyone, my name is Twilight is the BEST and the name is absolutely right! Now I'm here to talk about the theory from a lot of Gumball fans that the sixth season might be the last. While its not fully confirm I believe that the show will still continue on after season six, and here's my reasons. Oh and I will also talk about why fans think otherwise.
Now, the main reason why many fans are convince is because they say that there are hints in season 6 that it will be the finale season. I think this is exaggeration because I watched through all the episodes in season 6 and only one of them has a hint in it, that being the 200th episode "The Vegging". In it, there is a scene where Gumball and Darwin are channel surfing and in one of those channels is a game show where the incomplete sentence says "T_ _ SH_W _NDS A_T_ _ S_ _S_N _" which interpreted means "THE SHOW ENDS AFTER SEASON 6". While I think this was suppose to be a legitimate hint of the shows finale, but if you look up more information, this might not be the case. This brings us back in 2016 where in September 7th Ben tweeted that season 6 will be the last as he will be leaving

Hi guys, so yes to clarify we're bringing Gumball to its final episode at the end of season six.

. After this most fans accepted this as being legitimate since it came from the creator himself, but then one month later Cartoon Network announce that while Ben would be leaving the show will still continue on without him

Ben is currently working on season 6 and will then be moving on from The Amazing World of Gumball. We respect people move on from projects but we have a great and talented team behind the show. To date the series has won 28 international awards including 6 BAFTAs, and is also our most viewed Turner-produced show globally with more than 170 million tuning in worldwide last quarter. We have just greenlit another season and will continue producing the show and engaging fans across the world.

. My guess is that after Ben's tweet, Cartoon Network higher ups within the month decided otherwise in that while he can leave, the show will not end as he originally planned it to be. Now while fans have theorize that this is some ploy to get our guard down as the show ends I think not since while we could expect this from Ben, Cartoon Network is usually serious of what they say. Lately in the recent years CN having been ending shows like Regular Show, Uncle Grandpa, and Clarence, with Adventure Time following as well. CN announce these shows will end which they did or soon will, so why would Gumball be the exception of fooling the fans rather than just be straight like the other shows? I think the reason why Gumball unlike the other shows will continue on is that other than Teen Titans Go, Gumball is CN's popular show that they can crank out a lot of episodes and rerun them weekly (in 2016, Gumball had the highest ratings out of all there programs globally that year) and so profitable wise, its better for them to continue the show. With this evidence lets now back to The Vegging hint, I think that it was intended to be used as a clue that season 6 was the end, but CN interfered and so far is the only hint and I think it was left there so that fans could catch it and maybe even fool them that this is the end since the last black line where 6 would be could now be any number.

Well that's my thoughts. What do you think?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2