The Nightmare Factory 110 members · 244 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
LyraAlluse
Group Admin

My Thoughts On The Brony Degenerates By Turkey Tom

So by now probably everyone has seen the video on the darker side of the Brony fandom that Turkey Tom put out.

If you haven't watched it yet you can give it a view here.

My personal thoughts are that every fandom or community has some bad stuff in it. In fact Turkey Tom has covered the bad aspects of many fandoms or communities including the Minecraft community which is a crazy rabbit hole to go down if you ever want to watch his video on it.

Anyway, whenever you have a large group of people brought together into one interest you are bound to have some weirdos in the mix. There has been all sorts of crazy stuff that has happened in the anime/ cosplay communities including a few cosplayers who actually murdered people, one being a rather famous cosplayer who murdered her then boyfriend in cold blood. If you want to know more about this case you can watch it here.

There was also a cosplayer who murdered her friend by aiming a gun she was not aware was loaded and shooting her at a close range. More information on this can be found here.

Another famous killer attached to the anime fandom was an anime reviewer known as Mr. Anime. He reviewed a bunch of different anime shows, movies and manga on his YouTube channel. He also created a lot of fan work for different shows and did cosplay. However his mental health started to decline which lead to him tragically shooting his family members after a long battle with mental illness without seeking any form of help or treatment. More information about this can be found here.

There has been a few large murder cases in the animation or cartoon fandoms, one of which was carried out by a member of the Danny Phantom fandom after he went on a shooting rampage at a local market. He was deep into the fandom, drew lots of fan art, made fan animations and even music. However he was suffering from severe mental issues that were never properly addressed which led to him shooting people. More information about this can be found here.

Anyway the point here is that every fandom or community has some bad people in them. However that doesn't mean that everyone in the fandom or community is bad. And you can't let that take away your enjoyment of a show, movie, book or other interest just because some people have done bad things in that community or fandom.

As for me, I've met some of the most loving, kind and amazing people in the Brony fandom. Overall it has been a great community to be a part of. I'm definitely not going to let the actions of a few people ruin my enjoyment of the show, movies and other content.

I think this video serves as a warning however to be careful about the types of people you meet in fandoms. Most can be very amazing people who you form lifelong friendships with. However lurking in every fandom is also people who are not so good and who have the motive of harming other people in various ways.

I think the main takeaway here is to keep your eyes open for the bad actors and focus on the good parts of every fandom, not the bad. I believe there is more good things about different fandoms and communities than bad and the same can be said of the MLP fandom.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1