Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

I thought that it would go unnoticed like almost any other thread. I was horribly wrong.

I figured I could just leave the thread alone since nobody was fighting on it and it would have been authoritarian to lock something for a race joke, but the original title of the thread included "Alsvid: The Musical", so I probably should have locked it. However, I then noticed a more constructive conversation build up as users were analyzing Narwhal and Extradimensional without being cunts about it, and didn't want to stop it.

However, this decision caused some problems, namely attention from Eldorado (though ever since I deleted "Alsvid" from the title, he's chill with the thread now), and attention from Vlade, the latter of whom basically accused us of racism even though the only racist guy was Kasrkin and even then it was in a more "troll" context than anything else, and I already explicitly explained I basically banned Alsvid just so we could have constructive conversations with Left-leaning users like we are having now. However, it still made me realize that maybe we don't need this thread for that and that now everybody knows about Alsvid's ban, we are likely going to face constructive conversations all the time, and don't need a meant-to-be-edgy thread for that.

Kasrkin's not even as funny as he used to be anyway, so I think I'll cut him this deal: He can post as many race jokes as he likes as long as he leaves the admin group and doesn't target specific users. It's wrong to stop race jokes, but it's also wrong to target specific people, and he's been contributing nothing to this group. For an Alt-Right voice, I suggest we reinstate Reynolds, who has been contributing much positivity to our group ever since Alsvid was banned.

Fine, let's go with your deal with Karskin.

attention from Vlade, the latter of whom basically accused us of racism even though the only racist guy was Kasrkin and even then it was in a more "troll" context than anything else

Don't pay any mind to Vlade. They're pretty much using the same argument Alsvid used in threads like that: "Oh, you don't insta-ban and report people for race jokes? Then you're racist!1!11!" I honestly doubt Vlade even really cared. I think they just wanted to get a rise out of the admins.

As for Reynolds, I say we reinstate his status as a Group Contributer, but keep him on a very short leash.

The deal sounds good and if Reynolds its going to come back, lets give him first a probation time to see if he can behave first, yes, Alsvid is gone, but that doesn't mean that he should get the green light right away.

Regarding Vlade, that's a strawman, here we do racist jokes all the time against, practically every single nation we know about (including ourselves) and wanting to eliminate those jokes (as long as they aren't targeting anyone in particular) would only hurt this site.

so I think I'll cut him this deal: He can post as many race jokes as he likes as long as he leaves the admin group and doesn't target specific users.

Why would we cut him a deal? We have all of the power, and he has none. Remove everyone who isn't an admin from the admin group and punish people for being shit. People who aren't admins shouldn't be on this server in the first place; people shouldn't be targeting users or even saying shit like this.

It's wrong to stop race jokes

This isn't even a race joke.
It's just a song talking about how bad black people are; the song doesn't parody, it was written by a racist for racist.

They're pretty much using the same argument Alsvid used in threads like that: "Oh, you don't insta-ban and report people for race jokes? Then you're racist!1!11!" I honestly doubt Vlade even really cared

No, whats happening here is a double standard and Vlade is merely stating that.

Alsvid was banned because the admins considered her toxic.

Steel Saber is either trying to anger people or is expressing hatred for black people, both of these are toxic actions.

One of these people are banned, the other isn't despite Steel Saber qualifying for a permaban.

You actually might have a good point there. I want to see what the Parasprite says about this.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5