The Reactionverse 160 members · 12 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Hello everyone! I am Guikoi. I am new to this Group, so I thought it best to introduce myself with a suggestion. What better way to join a Group than to contribute in some manner?

I am a huge fan of the Fate franchise and the Nasuverse in general. With the release of the amazing Grand Temple of Time: Solomon trailer, I thought back to the other Cloverworks FGO anime. That is...

Fate/Grand Order: Absolute Demonic Front: Babylonia

This 21+1 episode anime covers the events of the seventh Singularity of the mobile game, Fate/Grand Order.

For a quick rundown for those that don't know...

FGO's story is about saving humanity from incineration... at least, FGO part 1, Observer on Timeless Temple, is about that. Cosmos in the Lostbelt is a bit different.

Anyway, Ritsuka has to travel back in time to fix Singularities (distortions in time. Little time bubbles that act as a wedge to halt hisyory's natural progression) to reverse the Incineration of Humanity.

The Incineration was carried out by the King of Mages, Solomon! Yep, the Solomon from the bible. He even used his 72 Demon Gods to do it.

How is Ritsuka supposed to fix the Singularities? Well, with Servants of course!

A Servant is a magical familiar. A summoning is performed and a soul of a Hero (or something else like a Monster or Villain) recorded on the Throne of Heroes will have their soul copied and that copy will enter a body made of magical energy with a Saint Graph/Spirit Origin acting as the anchor alongside the contract with the Master who provides magical energy to them.

The Servants are also summoned by the World itself, because there's two forces called the Counter Forces, one is called Gaia but it has no relation with the Greek Goddess of the same name, and the other is Alaya. The World will automatically summon Servants if in danger.

The Servant system is itself an inferior copy of the Grand Servant system, where there are only seven Grands that will be summoned to battle a specific foe.

The Grand system itself is a copy of the system the Grands' foe works under.

The Beasts. Evils of Humanity, Beasts of Disaster. There are seven of them, and each represent an Evil that is core to human nature.

Currently in the game, not all Evils are known, but all seven Beasts are known.

Beast I - Pity
Beast II - Regression
Beast III/R - Lust
Beast III/L - Depravity
Beast IV - Comparison
Beast V - Affection
Beast VI/R - ???
Beast VI/L - ???
Beast VII - Rapture

The Beasts are important, because one appears in Babylonia and another two appear in Solomon. The Beasts could be called the overarching Big Bad of the entire Fate franchise... outside the TYPEs, of course.

I would love to see the Ponies watch each episode of Babylonia... starting from "Episode 0: Initium Iter" all the way to episode 21.

Though the show is very much centered around Humanity, it's like the Ponies lack human qualities. They can easily take lessons from the show. Like what Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart told Mash in a flashback, where he said something along the lines of: "Meaning is not something humans find in their own lives while they live. Meaning is something others find in our lives after it has already ended."

And, maybe, just maybe, have them watch the Grand Temple of Time: Solomon, when it comes out with English subs... I wouldn't want to push my suggestion too far, though. I'm already pushing my luck suggesting a whole god damn anime!

That said, if anyone wants to try their hand at this, please contact me so I can help. I am not confident with being able to get the Ponies' characters down properly without flanderizing them, but I am confident in my immense galaxy brain levels of knowledge when it comes to Fate lore. If you want to ask questions, just ask and I will spend 6 hours writing up multiple essays on what exactly the answer your question is... because I can easily do that... seriously... ask me what the cosmology of the Nasuverse is... I dare you.

And if you need help writing the actual Babylonia stuff, I am absolutely willing to help with that. I may not be confident in being able to write the Ponies in character, but I can write what's already present in the form of an anime just fine. It probably won't be high quality, but it would maybe reduce your workload from having to do all of Babylonia and the Ponies' reactions into just the Ponies' reactions and edits of the Babylonia stuff. Just know, my laptop is dead so I will be forced to use my phone with my buttery ass fingers. My fingers hurt just doing this...

I can't promise quality, but I can damn well promise I will try.

Anyway... that's my contribution to this Group as my introduction.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1