Comments ( 44 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 44
Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

Either nothing's happened in two-plus weeks, or I've just been cut out of the circle. I'm just going to ask it, because it's been on my mind for a little while now, and I want closure: are we doing this, is this happening, and if not, will it soon? Or has everyone's motivation petered out, too? Because I get the feeling that we all lost interest in this little project, but nobody really wants to be the first person to jump ship.

Kryssi
Group Admin

Contrary—it’s dead now, at least to me. I’d like to say that I’m waiting on Sir Well Borne to actually start this whole shebang, but to be honest I moved on.

I’m now writing my own fics (even if it’s slow and I don’t often have the time), reading through the ever-increasing pile that is my reading list, and wasting time chatting on Discord. The Gang doesn’t occupy my mind any more, really, and besides, I’m busy in real life with the joys of high school. I can’t imagine how daunting university/college will be, but that’s fortunately something I don’t have to worry about yet.

As for the activity of the Gang, there’s literally nothing happening on the Gang Discord server. It’s as empty as a stereotypical Wild West desert, tumbleweeds and all. The only other members of the Gang who actually still checks Discord is Dragon101k_pl and Ponyess—the latter I chat with on a regular basis.

However, on this forum it looks like Dragon and Borne are still trying to keep this alive by doing some back and forth over at the Ponysona thread. If I were to be frank, it’s two people trying to save a sinking boat. The alternating schedule is not going to work due to at least some of the members having not contributed to this group in months. In hindsight, self-insert fics aren’t my thing, and the grammar fills me with dread. I should probably have jumped ship instead of letting this rot and decay, actually. Sorry.

I’ve digressed one too many times in this response, and I think I’ve unintentionally expressed myself as more forward than I usually am. But that’s what I think about it, and I hope it at least clarifies the situation a bit.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5438910 We're hibernating the group for now. Sir Mud Pone is abscent. I am however consider making my own project that involves OCs doing some fighting. Intrested? Hit me if so.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one. Since getting my laptop back up and functioning, I've lost a lot of time on games I haven't played in months due to a failing graphics card and poor internet connection. Stories too: I've learned a few things from meditation and the odd panic attack that I can definitely put to use on the site. That, and I've started devoting more time to my side-projects, all of which are more involved than writing.

In hindsight, we probably should've taken all the enthusiasm we put into supplementary material and used it to write the damn story. We might've been done by now: instead, we spent two months brainstorming on how to make our world sound big, without making it feel big. The hubris of content-creators, I suppose. Skyrim suffers from similar problems. An ocean of content with the depth of a puddle.

Well... Sure. I'll send you a PM.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5443833 Just to let you know - it's dark and there will be a lot of dying and loss of lims.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

5438910 5439292
Be patient guy's, I'm working on putting up the act for the first ark as we speak, I'm just busy with farm work in the day and can't be on as long as I wish I could be at night.

That's a good idea, you do that.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5447283 I'll try to swing myself into writing and keep Contrary busy.

>>farmwürk
Sir Mud Pone Indeed! I am just happy I am a smooth talker and born into a family with ties... destroy evrything I touch when phisical labor comes into play...

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

I can empathize. Installing cabinets takes time too, and I often work ten-hour days for the extra moolah. That, and the project I'm on is about two months behind (not my fault!), and we're all scrambling to wrap things up before the place opens. :rainbowlaugh:

I'm just... leery? This thing reminds me of another project - which I won't name here in case kiddies are here :raritywink: - where the creators were way too ambitious. Long story short, their lead artist stabbed them in the back, stole all their assets and half their Patreon money, and ran off to publish the game as a solo project. Not to imply anything like that is going to happen here, but I'm getting the same vibes from The Gang that I was getting from that, and that died in its Alpha stage.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5447398 Why the rush? Shouldn't the MLG hat wearer be the chillest of us all? The fandom will be alive for the next 3 years before the decline starts - that is unless they keep up with the quality.

Sunglasses Indoors
Group Admin

I don't know any MLGs, and the only trilby I own is black. :twilightblush:

Trust me, there's a lot of stuff I'm pretty chill about. I only get put on edge about things I care for.

As for the rush... maybe I wasn't blunt enough in my initial post? I'm starting to not care about The Gang, and the moment I stop caring is when all investment dies. Take it how you will, but if we idle for much longer, I'll just move onto something more interesting and... alive. :ajbemused:

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5447411 I know what you mean. I am just kidding to ease it up.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Ya lucky crystal you.:trixieshiftleft:

He, I'v been working on my fathers mushroom farm for six years now, and that's not to tell of the four years before of only living on it.:ajsmug:

And damn, sorry to hear about that,:ajsleepy: I'l see about getting the act for the first ark up tonight if I can.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5447831 WHat can I say? I'm Trixie's kin.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

No yer not laddie, yer just a crystal mud pon, ya dang Grizzly.:ajsmug:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin
Well Geboren
Group Admin

I said I'm working on it!:ajbemused: jez, shit gets complicated around here where I live alright!:raritydespair:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5448712 Sorry, I am just too acustomed with living with people who have kilometer-long distance with live. On my defence - the memes are beeter at hitting you over the head than any stick would and I don't mean the things on the images. Thay're the mean side-commentary. Like Fox News.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Ya, I get that, and believe me....

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5448746 I did too, maj frent!

Well Geboren
Group Admin

What about lobster?

S.W.B.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

How about ponies.:moustache:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5452331 I had once an idea abaut a bearpony. It's a long subject...

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Yes I know, we had a whole "talk" over it because Grimes are part K9, I don't know how it ended.:derpytongue2:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5454120 It was pretty convoluded. What do you remember abaut it?

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Well by what I remember, we (that is mostly you) couldn't conclude if we should put them together as Grimes, because of something that I don't really know at the moment.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5457878 It's beacuse they weren't entirely a seperate subject. They were part of a bigger coalition... and you tried to force your headcannon through my throat...

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Aw, that's right,:rainbowderp: so.... What now?:trixieshiftright:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5458990 Ever read Fallout:Equestria?

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Haven't, and not planing to any time soon, looking to take a break as soon as I get the damned story line for the first arc out.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5459015 Okay. F:E stories are amazingly written, I look on them as inspiration...

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Good for you, and I finally got the story line up for the first arc, just a little editing and I'll be free to work on getting some cash thru my D&D drawing on DA.

>>>>> The act for arc one; Settling down into a (almost) new world.<<<<<<

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5460147 I like the Spiders department.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

I thought you might,:ajsmug: and by the way, your the prankster.:raritywink:

I believe you get my hint,:scootangel: you do get revenge prank't with a continues-es water spell in the end by Mr, Sea's.:trixieshiftleft:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5460425 The fun part is that spiders aren't really bad animals. Some of the big can be trained to be peted. A well fed tarantula can like humans. It's just she is creepy and likes to go over people's faces... Had this once...

Well Geboren
Group Admin

It's just she is creepy and likes to go over people's faces... Had this once...

:rainbowderp: Oh joy.:fluttershyouch:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5460439 I had the luxury of freezing in fear. A trembling surface is one of the things that can make the spider afraid and least out.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

afraid and least out.

You mean attack? well good thing you froze then, was it a poisonous type of spider?

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5462274 Leash out. It's essencially a spider panicing.

It wasn't a poisonous spider. It was given to touch to 12-year-olds, so it had to be save. It was one of those hunting spiders which rely on hiding under rocks and don't need much in terms of venom.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Ah, good, well now.... do you have any suggestions for the first story arc? and leave that comment on said thread.

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5462489 Not really. Extend the Everfree Survival arc with enviromental details, like maybe going into the wrong direcrion and ending up on the south-western swamps - where chimeras and hydras are? Other than that - I'm dry.

You concentrate on the farming, at least now. If we were gonna disband, we would do it ages ago.

Well Geboren
Group Admin

I said to leave your next comment on thee subject in the thread we'er talking about laddie.:ajbemused:

Other then that, that's a good idea, thank's.:ajsmug:

And I'm a committed procrastinator, I may be slow and lay thing's off Witting:derpytongue2:, but I'll get it done hell on high water if I have to.:moustache: :rainbowdetermined2:

S.W.B.

Slavenger Karl
Group Admin

5463004 Good we understand ourselves. :twilightsmile:

Well Geboren
Group Admin

Aye, but I can be quick on the draw to:moustache:, when I want and need to that is.:derpytongue2:

S.W.B.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 44