Writer Support 254 members · 942 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So, I'm five chapters into my first story. So far people seem to like it and it has moderate views for a first time author, I think. The problem is I've gotten zero feedback on anything related to the story. People post a comment or two saying they will read it etc, but I would like just a few kind folks to read a chapter or two and point out anything they see. Maybe the characters don't fit, pacing is wierd, etc etc. I'm simply worried that mistakes are being made that will continue to be made further into the story and without feedback, they will probably not be fixed.

I appreciate anyone who takes the time to give me this feedback. Thanks.

For anyone interested, or potentially interested, the story is an AU with a unique twist. Mane Six get separated by a botched portal, to save their world an unexpected villain. They have to face themselves alone in each AU, the twist is the readers decide the order in which they face them through strawpoll.

Edit: I'll mention chapter 4 contains a little bit of why it has a gore tag. It is not a gore heavy fic but since Pinkie's enemy is her worst possible self, yeah that arc is a bit heavy handed. Just a bit of a warning, only fair.

[Adult story embed hidden]

Hello, I found your story a while ago (it seems) but it would have taken me some time to get around to. But because you did ask -- kindly I might add -- I will move it up in folders. I'll start reading after I finish my writing session tonight. I'll be reading as much as I have time for... and feedback will be written of course.

Truly appreciate it. Take your time and do it at your leisure of course. It's an idea I've had in one form or another for quite some time and so far it seems that the execution is working (It has gotten a follower, fair favorites/tracks etc). But, alas, I've had difficulty getting comments started so that people will jump in with the feedback. I've gotten way more votes on the strawpoll than I thought though.... although its now in a FOUR way tie :facehoof:.

Long reply short, take your time and I greatly appreciate it, thanks.

A story of mine has about three times as many views, and only one person left feedback that wasn't "looks good." so that is my issue. But regardless. You were in my soon to read bookshelf, so your story would have been read eventually. Also if you need any help on a story feel free to ask. I'm usually always available, but I work rather slowly; though I say usually... but I am busy more often than not... I will add time if asked.

Sorry for the rambling...

Cool beans, I'll be sure to keep the offer in mind. So far I've had no issues writing it, but being a new author, beyond reading up on proper writing and making sure my grammar is top notch, outside perspective is the only way to know if I'm developing bad habits.

Just a note, I've stumbled upon a few of your reviews and they are rather well done. Kudos to you for that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6