Writer Support 254 members · 942 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Hey there, I'm new to MLP fanfiction and I was wondering if someone would be willing to read a small ficlet I wrote? It's under 1,000 words and any feedback would be appreciated.

5172337 use a shit load of description Works for me every time I need more words. If that isn't an option, then try to find areas you can extend it like for 'it's' use "it is", and that kind of stuff. Sorry if this isn't helpful I usually have the issue of having too many words :twilightsheepish:

5172337 I'd be willing to help if you want, just send me a link :pinkiesmile:

5172702 I posted it to dA, but I really wanted some feedback before posting here, so thank you :)

http://isobel-theroux.deviantart.com/art/New-Discoveries-MLP-FIM-FF-602901944

5172741 'ts cool, I liked the idea of the fic, I think it can be elongated with other brony topics like... fan art or animations or who knows what else, it is good as you wrote it by the way.

5172751 Thank you :) I actually had to do it under 1000, so that was a bit of a challenge lol, but I do kinda want to make a sequel or something (who knows.) And again, thank you so much for your feedback.

It's under 1,000 words

I'm afraid you won't be able to publish it as a stand-alone story here, sorry... :unsuresweetie: (If you don't want to ruin the challenge by expanding it, you could still post it as a blog post here. :twilightsmile:)

From the site rules:

Stories must be at least 1000 words before being submitted to the site. Lyrics, footnotes, and other padding DO NOT count toward this minimum.

A slightly further explanation can be found in the site FAQ:

Why can’t I submit a story with less than 1,000 words?

1,000 words across all published chapters is the minimum word-count for submitting a story. Note that for smaller stories, such as flash-fiction or prompt-based writing, a good solution is to collect two or more stories as chapters and submit them as one story. Please also note that padding a story that’s fewer than 1,000 words with lyrics/spam/garbage/author notes is not acceptable and will likely result in your story failing moderation.

5172815 Ohmygosh I am such a dolt :P I was thinking last night about a possible second chapter or something, but it can just as easily be put in with the first.

Thanks for telling me, I've never submitted here so I had no idea.

I was thinking last night about a possible second chapter or something,

The 1,000 word count minimum only counts for total word count upon first publishing it, so adding a second chapter (or more) should work just fine, as long as it helps bring the total word count above 1,000.

Hope this helps! :twilightsmile:

Hey there,

Since I'm awfully curious, I *did* click the link, so I may as well tell you what I found:
- And don’t even get me started on it [its] mane
- And her eyes [are] positively gorgeous

I think your typewriter ate a couple of words :)

Now, for the rest, I'm sorry I can't really help you :(
I must say breaking the 4th wall is usually not my cup of tea, and I actively avoid the [Human] tag here on Fimfiction.
Yet, as a small 'ficlet' as you say, it was pleasant to read.

(And don't worry, you don't miss a lot; I'm not an author, I just recently recently found out it was fun to play around with words!)

Good afternoon

5175585 Haha more like my brain ate a couple words, thanks for the help :D

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11