Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Does anyone else besides me feel that the whole reveal of Gabriel being Hawk Moth is just . . . illogical?

Not really. Some villains are capable of creating multiple identities. It's somewhat like how Hank Pym is Ant-Man and Yellow Jacket.

Did you not read the link?

6175039 Wait. I take my last comment back. As the link says, it WOULD be pretty cool if Gabe was Hawkmoth... if their jawlines matched. The latter's jaw is square, while Gabes' triangular. If Gabe isn't Hawkmoth... then WHY does he have the Butterfly Miraculous!?

I think Zagtoon just gave in to the fandom and decided to have Gabe be Hawk Moth without thinking anything through. :ajbemused: :facehoof:

As the link says, it WOULD be pretty cool if Gabe was Hawkmoth... if their jawlines matched. The latter's jaw is square, while Gabes' triangular.

Magic, or have you forgotten that numerous other akumatized people have ended up having their skin color altered as well? Him doing it to himself to avoid suspicion is kind of a no-brainer.

With Ladybug and Cat Noir, last I checked their powers are still new to them, however Hawkmoth is an adult, so it's possible that he has the better mental capacity to properly utilize his power, including the transformation that hides his identity. Not to mention he has access to the book, so naturally he might have more of an understanding about how they work.

As for his hideout location, it's basically explained in the last few minutes of the episode: A secret tunnel leads to it. Having your lair in the same place as your mansion isn't exactly the best idea, so it makes sense that he'd operate from a safe distance.

I think no matter what, Gabriel was going to be connected to the Miraculous. His reaction to his son in Simon Says was proof of that. I was 95% sure he was going to be who he was revealed to be, but the other 5% wasn't sure. There's always that small chance that lingers when you don't know something for sure. However, just because the reveal happened the way it did, don't assume for one moment that the whole story is known. There's something that we're not seeing. I can feel that.

You know what also doesn't make sense ? How NO ONE can tell that LB and CN are Marinette and Adrien. You'd think that since the mask only covers a small part of their faces, they'd be able to tell right away who they really are. -_-

Possible theory: whenever they transform some sort of magic aura surrounds them that makes others incapable of drawing comparisons between them and their civilian selves.

At least, that's the same theory I use for every magical girl show where the hero's alter egos don't even look that different from their normal selves.

If there really is a magic aura, how can the viewer not see it?

We're the viewers, we don't have to see it. It's an in-universe aura the only effects the cast of the actual series.

‘The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.’
— Henri Bergson

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12