Anime and Manga Central 133 members · 108 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???) - the anime.

So I was watching this anime called "I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???)" which was based on the manga "I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???)" by Chosha Hidoi, who also wrote a series of Light Novels of "I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???)" or "召喚された世界に生まれ変わり、手に入れたのはあなたを神に変えるこのバカなTシャツだけ! (なんてこったい???)" in the original Japanese. It's produced by Wiabu House and published by Sonzaishinai of Tokyo.

So there was this episode where the main character, named Oroka, uses the power of the T-shirt to create a gigantic anpan to feed a starving village of benevolent Oni, only the anpan - which is the size of a mountain - falls out of the sky and squishes them. They all die - 20,000 of them - and this makes Oroka go up nine hundred and seventy one levels, which gives her the official title of 'Saidai-kyūri' or 'Biggest Cucumber', which causes the magical T-shirt to level up - it gets a new design on the front of a big, dripping cucumber - and because of her new powers, Oroka can resurrect all the Oni, only she has to reincarnate them into a new form.

She doesn't understand her powers, and she is feeling hungry, so they become sapient daikon root people 'Daikonhito' who now have Soup Power Attacks. This turns out to be a good thing, because they are all suddenly invaded by the Imperial Kitchen Ninjas from Tasty Kingdom. These would-be root biters are washed away by 'Hot Creamy Soup Beams', and this saves the day.

Then the daikonized former Oni want Oroka to be the mayor of 'The Village Of Formerly Oni But Who Are Now Daikon' (かつては鬼だったが今は大根の村) but she declines (because the name is too long) and uses the power of her T-shirt to teleport away to the Mysterious Mountain Of M.U.D. in order to finally discover why she was summoned to Tsukai-Sugi Magical World just to die in the first fifteen minutes and be reincarnated as a Sheepling shrine maiden. The whole Sheepling bit in the first three episodes was pretty cool, and I almost wished they had stayed with that. I especially liked episode 3, "The Shepard Is Coming!".

Anyhoo, I recommend "I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???)" because it is really emotional and has some incredible moments where the series deeply examines the philosophical implications of being summoned to a magical world, only to die fifteen minutes later, get reborn as a sheep-girl, and then be awarded a magic T-shirt that when worn gives you the powers of a god. The bit where the T-shirt gets ripped and has to be mended before it will work again alone was a real jaw-dropper.

Normally I hate, hate, hate these stupid isakai anime and manga that have ridiculously long names and turn their protagonists into total Mary-Sues, but "I Was Reincarnated In The World Where I was Summoned And All I Got Was This Stupid T-Shirt That Turns You Into A God! (What The Hell???)" is an exception. Truly, it is THE masterwork of our age.

I'll leave you with the lyrics for the opening theme song "World Of Magic", which is done as a rap:

I was taken to a world of magic
Watashi wa mahō no sekai ni tsurete ika remashita
What happened next was truly tragic
Tsugini okotta koto wa hontōni higeki-tekideshita
I got killed and came back as a sheep
Watashi wa korosa rete hitsuji to shite modotte kimashita
Got crammed in a shirt before I could beep
Bīpu-on ga naru mae ni shatsu ni tsumekoma remashita
What the hell???
Nantekotta i? ? ?
What the hell???
Nantekotta i? ? ?
I got dead and put in the dirt
Shinde tsuchi ni ireta
Came back as a sheep with this stupid Tee Shirt
Hitsuji to shite modottekita kono orokana tīshatsu de
Tee Shirt...
Tīshatsu...
Tee Shirt...
Tīshatsu...
Tee Shirt...
Tīshatsu...
Somehow it all makes sense...
Dō iu wake ka sore wa subete ri ni kanatte imasu...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1