The Oversaturated World 589 members · 54 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

So I just gave basically every story in the group a reread, and I noticed there's a few that are unfinished still. Specifically:

• Playing Hero- Officially On Hiatus since October Eighth, 2017
  • Crossworlds Guardian, Sailor Orbital!- Last updated December Sixteenth, 2016, right before the first fight since the group formed up. Seems like Adagio was there based on one chapter in Group Participation, which also implied it went... Poorly.
  • How Lyra Met Bonbon- First and so far only chapter posted on February Twenty-third, 2019
  • Psychosynthesis- Same as above, except on July Fourth, 2019. Got a follow up chapter in Group Participation set in the aftermath.
  • The Quetzalcoatl Incident- November First, 2020 this time, also just one chapter.
  • My Sister, My Sister and Me- Officially On Hiatus Since June Fifteenth, 2017
  • Group Participation- July Eighteenth, 2021, but... Well... It's Group Participation. This one's probably never going to get marked Complete.

Group Participation and My Sister, My Sister and Me are in Side Stories and Canon Shorts respectively, but the other five are all in the Main folder. Really feels like the authors- ArtieStroke for My Sister, My Sister and Me and Playing Hero; Masterweaver for Crossworlds Guardian, Sailor Orbital!, Psychosynthesis, and The Quetzalcoatl Incident; and FanOfMostEverything in the case of How Lyra Met Bonbon, really should try and get those back on the road so to speak. Lots of loose ends that really should get tied up before anybody really thinks about interactions between TOW and G5 should even work, let alone what they would be. By the way, do we even have a standardized abbreviation for this AU?

FanOfMostEverything
Group Admin

Look, I don't know what level of coordination you think there is between authors in this setting, but there isn't one. I can't hold people at gunpoint and force them to finish their stories. Especially not when Artie hasn't logged in since April and Masterweaver's a seat-of-the-pants author whose muse has largely drifted away from pony. I invite people to play in my sandbox. What they do from there is on them.

As for How Lyra Met Bonbon, I admit that it has been stalled for a while, but I'm in the same boat as Weaver there. Inspiration can be fickle, and trying to force prose when I'm not feeling it never ends well. I do plan on revisiting it eventually, but I am permitted to explore other parts of local time and space.

In summary, this could and should have been a comment on The Pudd'nhead Gambit. There's no need to drag others into it.

Apologies if I offended you or otherwise came across as aggressive. I very well know there’s no real coordination here. I was trying more for a gentle nudge, I don’t exactly know what goes on in your mind, or any of the others for that matter. Just thought a reminder might be a good idea on some of these, and that I might as well put together a list for everyone while I was at it. No real way to tell just looking at a story in one of the folders…

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3