The Official Modern Disney-Haters' Club 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Walabio
Group Admin

I took 1 for the team and watched Star Wars: Solo: A Star Wars Story. It actually fits what we know from both the Expanded Universe and the knew canon. That is not hard because Han Solo is such an unreliable narrator that every time he talks about his past, the story changes. This actually plays an important point in the movie because the movie violates 1 point of canon, but it works:

These are the know facts Han Solo never contradicts:

• Han Solo started on Corellia.
  • He joined the Imperial Military for training as a pilot.
  • He deserted when the Empire had nothing more to teach him.
  • He liberated Chewbacca from the Empire.
  • He and Chewbacca freelanced as pilots until he won the Millennium Falcon from Lando Calrissian.
  • He took a dangerous short cut on the Kessel-Run, allowing him to make the run in only 12 Parsecs —— ¡Parsec is explicitly a unit of distance, not time, as it should be!
  • He and Chewbacca freelanced until we meet him and Chewbacca on Tatooine.

All of that is true except the Empire busted Han Solo from Pilot to Stormtrooper for having a mind of his own. After he liberated Chewbacca and deserting the military, Han Solo omitted the embarrassing busting to Stormtrooper and he starts claiming from right after deserting that he deserted directly from being a pilot. Considering that Han Solo is an unreliable narrator, I am cool with this.

The movie has a surprise tying it directly to the Prequels and Star Wars the Clone Wars. I shall not spoil it.

So now, all-in-all, Star Wars: Solo: A Star Wars Story fits well in established canon (it is easy to fit in canon because Han Solo is such an unreliable narrator).

¿Is Star Wars: Solo: A Star Wars Story a good movie? I say yes. I enjoyed it.

¿Do I recommend seeing this movie? Yes I do. Be sure to get a seat in the FrontRowCenter of a 3D-Screening with Dolby-Atmos-Sound and a giant screen. Unfortunately, this movie does not have any after-credit scenes, so no point sitting through the credits.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1