The Official Modern Disney-Haters' Club 27 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 85 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 85

5007190 Well not completely, but I'll sure be mad as heck if it doesn't exceed my expectations for a decent reboot for PPG. Also, thats good, you should really look into that movie, it's a good one!:pinkiehappy:

The Bosnian Brony
Group Admin

5007210 Me too, honestly. With the current status of Cartoon Network it's a 50/50 chance.
I'll watches it, dontcha worry none, was planning to for a while, but life got in the way. Why you do this life :raritydespair:

5007216 I don't know y life does it! and also, true its about 50/50 chance...unfortunately...:pinkiesad2:

Brony God
Group Admin

5007190 Watch these two videos

The Bosnian Brony
Group Admin

5007233 Oh welps... you watched anything lately?
Hey, could be worse chances

5007835 I actually found myself watching Robin Hood (1973) last night. Also true, I suppose there could be far worse shows on!

The Bosnian Brony
Group Admin

5008200 Umm... the Disney one or...?
Yeah. Like basically anything on Nick :pinkiesick:

5008508 Yeah, the Disney one.
True, also hey! not all the shows on Nick are bad...

The Bosnian Brony
Group Admin

5008549 Eh? There's a good one?

5009300 Yeah! Spongebob! and The Fairly OddParents! just to name a few.

The Bosnian Brony
Group Admin

5009594 Not nowadays I hear, though

Brony God
Group Admin

5195902 Pinocchio is a good movie. It taught me not to trust strangers.

Bambi
Pinocchio
Fantasia
Lady and the Tramp
Cinderella
Dumbo
Sleeping Beauty
The Jungle Book
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
The Lion King

Brony God
Group Admin

5220989 All those are good movies. I'm a bit surprised that you decided to join this group.

To be honest, I'm not here because I hate new Disney, but because I love old Disney (by which I mean as recently as the late 1990s, so not that old). I really like The Hunchback of Notre Dame in particular. I know it's different from the book, but let's be honest: The book dealt with social issues that applied to early modern France, namely corrupt church and military forces. Late modern USA had different social problems, so telling the story of the book would have just been preaching to the choir to them, which is why Frollo is shown as more of a tyrannical politician and a lawyer acting on religious hypocrisy more than anything else. In the USA of the late 20th century, the most serious menaces to society weren't the preachers, they were the politicians. The ending also had to be different for the same reason; early modern France isn't the same as late modern USA, and the realistic reactions of people in those places would be different, and the message had to be changed slightly.

I also love Mulan, it's a great movie about overcoming the way others perceive you and becoming your own person, and shows that patriotism towards your own country isn't so bad.

Brony God
Group Admin

5221001 What I meant Modern Disney, I meant Disney for the past decade starting at the 2000s.

Brony God
Group Admin

5221040 Well for me personally Disney started to go bad in 1998 when they cancelled Gargoyles and started making Doug rip off cartoons where everything revolves around high school cafeterias.

Comment posted by ClayClaymore deleted Dec 15th, 2017
Brony God
Group Admin

5452736 I like Aladdin and I am a fan of Robin Williams. FYI Andre, I have been saying that Fantasia 1940 is my favourite Disney movie way before I knew the Nostalgia Critic even existed.

Brony God
Group Admin

5452978 Yes you are Andre because Andre always says that anyone who disagrees with him acts like a child. It seems that you hate the old Disney movies that were made by Walt Disney himself. I bet you have nightmares of those Naked Fairies from Fantasia 1940 every night.

Brony God
Group Admin

5454550 Well at least watch this scene.

Brony God
Group Admin

5455016 I just want to show one of the reasons why Fantasia 1940 is well loved. Did you see the video?

Brony God
Group Admin

5455071 I am just a guy with good taste in movies. And yes that video is my favourite part of the movie. Fantasia 1940 is the most edgiest Disney movie ever made. As you can clearly see the fairies in that video are naked, that's how unique and edgy Fantasia 1940 is. Modern Disney won't make anything like that today because they are into SJW pandering lately. FYI I don't agree with the Nostalgia Critic on the sequel Fantasia 2000 because I think that movie was a joke. It was like a tv special that got released in movie theaters.

Brony God
Group Admin

5456377 Well Fantasia 1940 is one of those very good movies that you love as a child but when you grow older you'll find new reasons to love the movie even more. The sequel Fantasia 2000 however was not edgy at all and it was only an hour long and it even repeated a segment from the first movie to fill up time. Without the segment from the first movie and the painfully embarrassing celebrity cameos, the movie would have been really just an half an hour long and this movie was released in Imax theaters for God's sake. And yes the first movie was over 2 hours long.

Comment posted by Radicallus_Soullus deleted Dec 15th, 2017
Brony God
Group Admin

5460609 Well mine is Fantasia 1940. I don't like anything post 1998 Disney.

Comment posted by Radicallus_Soullus deleted Dec 15th, 2017
Brony God
Group Admin

5463422 I started to noticed that something was wrong with Disney back in 1998 when they cancelled Gargoyles and bought Doug from Nickelodeon and proceeded to make Doug rip off shows in the same Saturday Morning block. Seriously it was just Doug and Doug rip offs and then the movies started to go bad with Tarzan in 1999 and Fantasia 2000. And Disney has been going downhill ever since.

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 85