Self-Hate Help 60 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 17 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 17
R-ootie
Group Admin

Great. I already have to post here myself.

I was going to try to just enjoy my damn vacation, but my parents have to constantly remind me that everything wrong with me is my fault. I couldn't agree more.

yay wonderful parents
*slams head into wall*

R-ootie
Group Admin

4927545 No one can just fucking accept that I am bad at math. They always have to drag it out, saying the only person to blame is myself, AND THEY'RE RIGHT. AND THEY JUST WON'T SHUT UP ABOUT IT. EVER.

I DON'T KNOW HOW TO HELP BECAUSE I ALSO HAVE ISSUES WITH PARENTS BUT TYPING IN CAPS LOCK MAKES ME FEEL BETTER

4927539 damn dude
I hate it when my parents bring up bad grades
I've got an F in algebra...

R-ootie
Group Admin

4927578 You have to reply for me to see the comment...

They won't stop...

4927592 Understand they are just worried about your grades. If I was your parent I'd be worried too. Hell, I'm worried now. You do need to try and make up your grades, but yelling doesn't help. Them yelling doesn't make anything better. You should sit down with them and figure something out.:twilightsmile:

R-ootie
Group Admin

4927606 There's nothing that can be done that MATTERS now though, because the semester is fucking OVER.

4927592 I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO IM SO SORRY IDK HOW TO HELP *hugs*

Look bro. You gotta tackle it with all you've got. The mindset of all or nothing is only going to slow things down. Next time this erupts, ask them why they think yelling at you will make your job easier. To beat back stuff like this, you need to tell yourself you can do this. I know the feeling, and I've been having issues like this myself recently. As long as you did your best, that's what matters.

4927539 Punch them and tell them they're bastards
I do that to pillows when anime doesn't go the way I want.

4927571 I know the feeling. Lately I've had a low C in maths. Hurts like a bitch when parents are up in your face.

No one can just fucking accept that I am bad at math.

Dear god, this is about math!?

Look. You have a choice. Either put in a big effort into learning math (trust me, if you do, you'll pick it up quickly), or, you can just decide to 'not give a fuck'.

Stop dilly-dallying with indesiciveness. It's practically tearing you apart. Stop complaining about the bloody problem, and FIX the bloody problem! Do you want to complain about being sad, or stop being sad!?!

With that said; good talk. Never fear to express your worries.

Honestly, I can't say that I can empathize with what any of you guys are going through.

I... uh... I've never really struggled with bad grades. Or mean parents. I guess the important thing to remember is to have passion for your learning. I mean, I'm a lazy piece of shit, but I do have passion for what I do. I learn about quadratic equations in maths class, and I go "those are handy for doing X job!" and so on.

Your parents care for you, Rootie. They care for your well-being. That's why they want you to get better grades. A worse parent would be apathetic about this sort of thing.

I think that you should either; tell them how they are affecting you, or B, really work hard on improving your grades. I hate to say it, but years down the line, where you'll have a good qualification and a well-paying job, you'll be able to thank your parents for making sure that you managed to get there.

Or perhaps I'm completely mis-reading your parents. From what I've seen, it just seems like they see you as being really lazy and not being bothered to make a change. If I was you, I would tell them how I felt. But I'm not you. And they aren't my parents.

You need to do what you feel is right. But do it. Don't just sit there sobbing under your covers every night.

(Am I making things worse?)

4936135 This isn't great advice. But it helps to motivate someone that they're trying and doing anything they can. Your heart's in the right place.

4936151 Huh. I wonder who downvoted it. Doesn't matter.

I've learned a great deal about supporting people going through tough times. I feel like I've kinda come full circle, now. At first, I was extremely supportive and kind, but after I realized that it got no-one anywhere, I started becoming rather brutal and honest, telling people that they need to make a change.

Now, I realize that honestly, these people... I don't know if I can say it...

It just feels like most people here just want to avoid or mope about their problems rather than fixing them.

4936169 I liked you statement. I haven't a clue who downvoted it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 17