Splatoon 51 members · 6 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

Let's get Kraken!

(See what I did there? :rainbowlaugh:)

Hello everyone! My name is SuperKamek, and I absolutely love Splatoon. It is honestly one of my favorite games for the Wii-U, and although I can get super frustrated by it sometimes, I still enjoy playing it. Though with the announcement that Splatoon's Splatfests will no longer happen, it made me wonder what the future for Splatoon would be. Obviously since sales were so high and since the Wii-U won't last forever, I think a sequel is going to be appearing very soon after the full announcement of the NX.

Though with no word of a sequel, I decided it would be awesome if I could share my own ideas for a splat-tastic new game in the series! That was also a horrible thing to say and I promise I'll never say it again. But in any case, sit back, relax, and enjoy what I think would be great additions to Splatoon 2.

New Squid Species

There are more than just one type of squid in the sea, so why not incorporate this fact into Splatoon? Different species could have their own advantages and disadvantages. Please note that the suggestions below are still a work-in-progress, so if you have any contradictions to my ideas please note them in the comments below and I'll be sure to consider them.

Pencil Squid
The standard inkling we've seen from the first Splatoon game. Stats are overall rounded, but pencil squids are the only inklings able to bring out the full potential of their clothing. All other inklings receive half buffs from clothing. For example, if any other inkling has an extra ink token on their shirt or whatever, they would only activate half of what a pencil squid normally would, needed two extra ink tokens to equal one regular buff. This is done to prevent OP inklings on the field. Great for just about anything.

Giant Squid
A larger inkling capable of dealing much more damage than most other inklings. They have a slightly larger splatting area and soak up damage like a sea sponge. They do have many weaknesses however. Because they're so big, they're also slower than regular inklings and thus are prone to many players who use tricks to sneak around . They're also extremely weak to splat chargers due to them being so slow and so easy to hit. Great for a defensive role and staying near the spawn point.

Bobtail Squid
A smaller inkling that is basically the opposite of giant inklings, being very fast. Though they have a slightly smaller splatting area, they can zoom around the map extremely quickly and cover a lot of ground fast. They're also able to run regular pencil squid speed in enemy ink. Players must be very careful however, as bobtail inklings are frail and don't deal much damage. They can easily be taken out with just about any weapon in just two good shots. Great for a supportive role and getting allies into enemy lines fast.

Flying Squid
A normal-sized inkling capable of jumping ludicrously high. This may not sound like much at first, but flying inklings are able to jump three times as high as any other squid. They are best suited to their squid forms as they do not lose momentum when jumping through ink, allowing them to leap great distances. However, they are very hard to control in the sense they slide around a bit before coming to a complete stop, much like ice physics in games. Great for jumping over splat rollers, and that's great in itself.

Firefly Squid
A slightly smaller and faster inkling that always has echo location turned on, but only for themselves. This allows them to easily locate and eliminate enemy inklings who are hiding in the ink for whatever plan they may have originally had. However, this comes at a great cost. Hiding in ink is impossible for them as the glowing speckles on their bodies would give them away almost immediately. They're also not the best offensively or defensively. Great for scouting out and snuffing out enemy plans.

Vampire Squid
A normal-sized inkling with unique vampiric abilities. They're able to recover ink twice as fast while in squid form, but their true ability lies with defeating foes. Whenever an enemy is defeated by a vampire inkling, the latter's ink is fully recovered and ready for use, as well as their special ability meter is filled up a bit. They're offensively weaker but defensively stronger than the regular pencil squid. However, their sub weapons and special abilities soak up more ink and dry out faster, respectively. Great for annoying opponents.

Elbow Squid
A slightly larger and slower inkling with a longer weapon range. Without a doubt the best snipers statistically, with their increased offense and already established longer weapon. They are the most difficult to use of all inklings, however. They're already slower and defensively weaker, but in squid form they're larger and easier to hit. A few shots from any weapon will dispose of them rather quickly. Oddly enough, they're able to scale walls rather quickly. Great for sniping others if one should find a good place to snipe from.

Playable Octolings
Octolings are exactly the same as inklings with an aesthetic change. Giant octopi are giant squids, pygmy octopi are bobtail squids, blanket octopi are flying squids, dumbo octopi are firefly squids, blue-ringed octopi are elbow squids, and coconut octopi are vampire squids. Yes, a lot of these octopi don't have the same biological features as the squids do, but cut me some slack, alright? Besides, I think playing as what used to be the enemy from the first game would be cool, even if they are just aesthetic changes.

Story/Single Player

The story wasn't a huge part of the original Splatoon, or at least for me it wasn't. It was just sorta... there. But that was fine because it was harmless and pretty silly. I was thinking this story could be somewhat the same. If you have any more or different ideas for the story, please tell me and I'll consider them.

It's been a year since the defeat and imprisonment of DJ Octavio, and since then the inklings and octolings have found peace between themselves. The new octo sisters have taken their place alongside the squid sisters, octolings are allowed to compete in all forms of turf wars, and all seems well in the world. But from the sea arises Echolings (idea from zodiac-dragoness on deviantART who you should totally follow), a species of humanoids evolved from sea mammals who use water as their means of attack. With this deadly substance on their side, they kidnap the octo sisters and squid sisters and attempt to use them as ransom to force the inkings and octolings to give them their land or they would flood it.

Now it's up to you, with help of a diving suit, to go through five underwater worlds of the echolings and save each of the sisters from the clutches of the evil Queen Marine. It's pretty much the same as the single player mode from the first game, only instead of saving zapfish you're destroying generators that power the boss door, the boss of course being the one keeping each of the sisters captive. And as for announcements if you haven't completed the main story, let's just say the TV network uses VERY convincing replicas or holograms of the sisters. I mean, it's been done before in our present time, so why not in the Splatoon-verse?

You have a health bar this time though, which represents your diving suit's shield. If the shield goes out, you'll succumb to the dangers of water. Here's the biggest difference between single player and multiplayer however! Unlike multiplayer, you cannot recover health, or in this case shield energy, naturally. You must find energy pickups if you want to heal yourself.

Multiplayer

Already there's a huge difference in multiplayer now with new inkling, and by extension octoling species. Each has their strengths and weaknesses, which can mean everything when playing turf wars or ranked battles. New special moves, buffs, maps and clothing are sure to come, as well as new shops and whatnot.

However, I was thinking players could do a bit of parkour now. Imagine how useful that could be in matches! If you're taking heavy fire from an enemy, roll out of the way and get to safety. Have a gap you need to cross surrounded by walls? Wall jump your way across the gap. And if you have a melee weapon, you can jump off ledges to strike enemies down below in a down thrust attack. Using the environment to your advantage is a good way to add to Splatoon since many environments are already wacky and... not flat.

Oh, and more ink colors! Except red. Then the stupid parents can't hinder us.

I guess more hub worlds wouldn't hurt. Y'know, change up the environment a bit if you're getting old of Inkopolis. Maybe have an octoling city or a Japanese-styled village? Stuff like that which would just improve the look of the game.

And if you want me to further this, maybe have a few special shops only available in certain hub worlds. For example, Spyke could only be found in Inkopolis, and a weapon upgrader could only be found in the octoling city (Octopolis, or whatever). Different stores in different hubs sell different clothing as well, so this would have you be traveling around each city in a Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate style searching for what you need for each battle. And every hub has an arena, so no need to worry about traveling back to Inkopolis tower. You can either travel to each hub using the train down south, which is now available for use in this game, or tap on the NX's touch screen or whatever to switch hubs.

And those are my ideas for Splatoon 2! I worked super hard on this, so I hope you at the very least appreciate what I did, even if you don't necessarily like it. Whatever your thoughts may be, post them down in the comments below and I'll respond to them as I usually do.

Thanks everyone for reading and have a wonderful day!

5345390 I actually had an idea for Splatoon 2 once, or as I called it Splatwo. There was going to be a new area opened called Splatsville where your Inkling could live and you could customize your own apartment. I also envisioned new playable species, such as Dolphins and Starfish. And in the story mode, the Octolings returned, lead by an even more powerful Octoling known as the Octolord, who would look kind of like Ursula from 'The Little Mermaid'.

Customization! I like it! There was already a boat-load of customization as it is, but having even more would make any player feel at home. Awesome idea, thanks!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4