Overwatch 139 members · 16 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

As many of you may know, Overwatch just went and released its latest comic, Reflections I think it's called. Good stuff, too. Revealed quite a bit about the characters we hadn't seen yet.

We got to see what looked like Reinhardt enjoying the holiday with and what looked like good-old Torbjorn and his big family. I saw Genji writing a note with Zenyatta hanging around in the background, and by the looks of things sent it to Mercy who was elsewhere. Saw that cowboy-character-not-from-Toy-Story-version of Jesse hanging out with the non-crystal-eating-evil-unicorn-pony-version of Sombra at a bar. Even spotted Widowmaker visiting a grave that bore the name of her deceased husband (almost shed a tear there).

But there was one thing, part of the main storyline in fact, that really caught my eyes. Tracer was on the lookout for a scarf to get someone late at what looked like Christmas Eve night when the stores were closing, but every time she had the chance to nab one for herself she passed it up to help someone else like the kind soul she is. It was right when she was giving up that a family she helped out prior gave her a gift, and later, when she was at her home, a person she shared the household with came along, opened the gift, and found the scarf Tracer had been meaning to get as a delightful coincidence.

And then this happened.

Her name's Emily, and my heart nearly stopped in my chest when I saw it. I'm happy that Overwatch finally revealed this important bit about one of its most iconic characters, and I can't wait to see if they show more of it in the future!

But, there is one little downside to did whole thing. My Tracer/Scout ship is probably ruined, but hey! This here made my day in spades, it did. What do you lot think about it?

And the Tracer/Windowmaker shippers exploded with rage

5702060 No, more like 'everyone that thinks Tracer being gay is somehow a stupid fucking idea exploded in rage'. Also I saw in a video explaining the whole thing show a post that had 'will you bring in religion next Blizzard' and then I immediately thought 'I'm sorry but Mercy and Zenyatta have quite a lot to talk to you about in this situation'(Mercy being an Angel/Valkyrie and Zenyatta basically being the Omnic version of Buddha.)

5702190 I thought about how they already did the religion thing too! Great minds must think alike.
By the way, didn't the people at Blizzard already once say that the some of the people in their roster of characters would have differing sexual preferences and identities when the game was coming out?

5702207 I have no clue, but frankly it was going to be obvious that 'oh hey people might like people of this or that! Can't wait to explain how a robot can fuck a woman right?'...but other than that people are bitching because they think that Blizz is selling out to all the SJW bull shit when their not and making a character gay because they want her to. Besides, why should they be unhappy when most shipping involved Tracer being with Widow?

I may not have Overwatch, but I'm looking at the huge thread made about this.

Fucking Christ it's awesome, sad and hilarious at the same time.

5702217 I can imagine Shadow...

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7