The Eye of Cygnus 94 members · 346 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1

Want an unrestricted Film Noir style universe with weird science and a scope and history as messed up as our own?

Go no further because here it is!

[Adult story embed hidden]

Here lies the start of the end of the world. And the introduction to Equestria's most infamous unsung hero, Dr. Arcanum Folklore- The Ghost of Urrasan.

All these decades poking through the dark alleyways of the underworld and dealing with the dead. I have never really felt that I was over my depth -- call it arrogance if you wish, I'm pretty sure that I'm just making a bad comparison anyway. -- Few cases tend to shape you as much as your worse case. It's never the easiest, It's never the longest. It's always the one that reveals a lair of the world you always felt was the realm of paranoid windbags and moody horror writers. I knew of certain aspects of magic, I just never seen it done at such a close proximity to home. I'll warn you once. This will make you reevaluate what you know or what you think you know. You can back off now, I'll tell ya it's not for everypony...

It is a story made with a very specific Neo-Noir style, and it aims to be pulpy and strange. Diving into both the philosophical and psychological at times. It is a smart story, that on occasion does do some dumb things, because they are fun. In all this story is basically an idea that incorporates Wolfenstein style violence, Lovecraftian Horror, and Dostoevsky Existentialism with the added spice of some seriously black humor. Wrapped in a 1930's-esq setting with a few anachronisms here and there. Just for fun.

Of Broken Hearts and Merciful Hooves

An early case, in Folklore's younger years. It's also a story about heartbreak and lost souls.

She was mercy in the flesh, she always was there to keep me from falling apart at the seems. In retrospect she deserved better than me. But I wouldn't have traded away the time we spent together for anything in the world. When it came to her soul, she was the best among us old "heroes".

And may she forever be remembered.

For it was the least you deserved, and so I'll always have you in my memory my beloved Redheart.

A traditional Film-Noir tale, with a the added bonus of having and unrestricted approach. Here lies in the same 1930's-Esq universe a more grounded, but a more personal tale about broken hearts and lost souls. A story where you might find that the world creates all sorts of monsters, even the kind that you least expect.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1